'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

Just now, BritManToo said:

If he donated nearly all, holding no control of his donations himself, I might agree with you.

If you know anything about charities, you know those who donate large sums ALWAYS have control over how it's spent.  One way or another.

Congrats to Bill Gates.  Sad some fall for the conspiracy theories.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/11/fact-check-bill-gates-has-given-over-50-billion-charitable-causes/3169864001/

Fact check: Bill Gates has given over $50 billion to charitable causes over career

Bill Gates is a consistent target of conspiracy theories, many becoming especially heightened amid the coronavirus pandemic. While the tech billionaire remains the target of scorn and suspicion online, others defend Gates, citing his history of charitable contributions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Guessing you've never heard of food delivery?  Or, the ability of these people to do the right thing and get the jab.  Problem solved.

Yes, as I said , people will now need to get regular injections to be able to function in  life or sit at home waiting for the next food panda delivery , food panda deliverers that deliver to unvaccinated people, that is 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This notion of critical race theory being taught is all part of the rightwing attempts to stir, divide, upset.......along with stoking fictitious fears of wokeism...........and people fall for it every time.

So no part of CRT is being taught to youngsters in the US, and you know this How? So all those parents who have seen the curriculum during online lessons are wrong, all those parents protesting are wrong?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, as I said , people will now need to get regular injections to be able to function in  life or sit at home waiting for the next food panda delivery , food panda deliverers that deliver to unvaccinated people, that is 

Up to them.  If they refuse to do the right thing, the intelligent thing, then it's their problem.  Very, very, very few reasons not to get vaccinated.  Sadly, it's going to become the new normal.  But it will be just like the seasonal flu jab, that some 1.5 billion get every year.  Boggles my mind why some are so against this.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, robblok said:

Same with me was a bit of a hyperbole as Brit thinks sex is a product.  I make enough, but the fact is the current one makes more then me. Not that I have a problem with paying for sex. I am just of the opinion that is not the case in every relationship. But Brit by his own admission is emotionally scarred by his English ex so I don't blame him.

But to then say he is a marxist and taking advantage of low wages in a country get woman and proudly talk about was a bit too much.

I do think that the older generation , those 60 + years old were bought up believing that females don't like sex and that its a chore for them and so they must be compensated for participating in the act , whether it be by giving them your wage packet every week or by paying them for each participation by the way of prostitution . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So no part of CRT is being taught to youngsters in the US, and you know this How? So all those parents who have seen the curriculum during online lessons are wrong, all those parents protesting are wrong?

Turn off Fox News and you won't even hear about this.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Does not hearing about it make it untrue? Simply a deflection on your part.

• Like 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I think think that's true of all billionaires but why single out Gates. I see that nobody has yet posted a cogent reason why gates should be demonised over every other billionaire.

And I dare say that poster has probably not redistributed his wealth...no matter what he says.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Probably because most of the other billionaires keep a lower profile.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marxism.asp

Was Marx Right?

Not so far. Some countries, such as the former Soviet Union, China, and Cuba, have attempted to create a communist society, but they were or have been unable to entirely eliminate personal property, money, and class systems. In 2021, capitalism, in its various forms, remains the dominant economic system.

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

CRT is a post-graduate course that is taught in some law schools.  It is not taught in K-12 and would be way over the heads of student at that level.  It is not a part of any school curriculum.  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Does not hearing about it make it untrue? Simply a deflection on your part.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Not a deflection.  Just a statement of fact.

The subject was CRT in schools. Is it being taught to kids? Simple enough question.

• Like 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

The subject was CRT in schools. Is it being taught to kids? Simple enough question.

You just got your answer from Scott.  NO!  Unless you follow the radical right wing medial outlets.  Pure fake news.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scott said:

CRT is a post-graduate course that is taught in some law schools.  It is not taught in K-12 and would be way over the heads of student at that level.  It is not a part of any school curriculum.  

The CRT post graduate course may not be taught but are you saying that no part of CRT is or was used in teaching kids. 

If so why is it an issue? I find it hard to believe the parents protesting did so on heresay.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The CRT post graduate course may not be taught but are you saying that no part of CRT is or was used in teaching kids. 

If so why is it an issue? I find it hard to believe the parents protesting did so on heresay.

They are  just toeing the party line and watching too much Murdoch propaganda.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's being used as a tool to rile up the masses and get them to vote for the GOP.  It's only being reported by the far right media sites, which we know you frequent.  Doesn't show up anywhere else.  Seriously.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Please, read this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/03/republicans-critical-race-theory-winning-electoral-issue

How did Republicans turn critical race theory into a winning electoral issue?

Glenn Youngkin won the race to be Virginia’s governor having exploited concerns over teaching about race in schools

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There is the concern that the Covid vaccine may cause more problems with the person than actually contracting the virus itself .

Quite a few regular reports of young healthy people suddenly dieing just after receiving the vaccine and young healthy people having heart attacks , which seems to be connecting with receiving the vaccine 

yet another unsubstantiated lie

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, LarrySR said:

CRT, political correctness, immigrants, BLM, cancel culture, wokeness, antifa.
Right wing media sure knows how to wind up their empty headed viewers with nonsense and motivate them to vote for Republican policy… ..tax cuts for the wealthy and deregulation for corporations. 

They are the real sheeple and don't even know it.  Brainwashed for sure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1