Jump to content

'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers


Jingthing
 Share

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The government narrative?  You mean the scientific and health narrative?  I've got no respect for someone who refuses the jab.  None.  They're putting others lives at risk and mostly due to misinformation.  It's not just me, look at Germany and other countries.  If you aren't vaxxed, stay at home.  Makes sense.  The majority of us don't want unvaxxed people spreading the virus around.

The majority of us don't want unvaxxed people spreading the virus around.!!!! 

 

What complete cock & bull, so your narrative is, 'it's OK vaccinated people catching it and spreading it', but unleash hell if a non vaxxed people does the same...Seriously do you know what a circular reference you making, whilst inciting hatred against people who have retained their sovereign right not to undergo a forced medical procedure. It's your mindset that is currently driving a wedge in society and you seem to be very proud of it. Divide and conquer is a age old elite trick. Israel & Gibraltar have near 100% vax rates and the country's with the highest infection rate per capita are ? Oh and the boosters? Australia has ordered 7 boosters per person, maybe they know something we don't? But they get handsomely rewarded for it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, KhunLA said:

For info, first thing, stop using Google, as they censor info.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=fake+fact+checkers&t=h_&ia=web

Sometimes, censorship is a good thing.  Especially when it involves conspiracy theories and fake news.  If you pick the right fact checker, they are spot on. Sad you don't agree with this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Khabib said:

Many comments on here are a joke imo, so I joined the party. In any case, it would be a conspiracy to think all that's written here is deadly serious. Please excuse me for enjoying myself. I respect the subject should be serious though.

Beware of the difference between joking and trolling in a thread like this. Best to provide supporting evidence for anything you post which may be controversial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Sometimes, censorship is a good thing.  Especially when it involves conspiracy theories and fake news.  If you pick the right fact checker, they are spot on. Sad you don't agree with this.

I must agree, that duckduckgo is a great search engine, merely due to the fact it respects privacy unlike Google. No annoying adverts relating to searches done recently.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Beware of the difference between joking and trolling in a thread like this. Best to provide supporting evidence for anything you post which may be controversial.

Fair enough, I try to avoid controversy at all costs, no good ever comes from it

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marcomilton7 said:

The majority of us don't want unvaxxed people spreading the virus around.!!!! 

 

What complete cock & bull, so your narrative is, 'it's OK vaccinated people catching it and spreading it', but unleash hell if a non vaxxed people does the same...Seriously do you know what a circular reference you making, whilst inciting hatred against people who have retained their sovereign right not to undergo a forced medical procedure. It's your mindset that is currently driving a wedge in society and you seem to be very proud of it. Divide and conquer is a age old elite trick. Israel & Gibraltar have near 100% vax rates and the country's with the highest infection rate per capita are ? Oh and the boosters? Australia has ordered 7 boosters per person, maybe they know something we don't? But they get handsomely rewarded for it

ummm...why do you think Germany did what they did to the unvaccinated?  Because it's what the majority wanted!

 

Stop. Please.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

ummm...why do you think Germany did what they did to the unvaccinated?  Because it's what the majority wanted!

That's not how representative democracy works Jeff. If it were, then every decision would be subject to a referendum. And look where that got the UK with Brexit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, blackprince said:

That's not how representative democracy works Jeff. If it were, then every decision would be subject to a referendum. And look where that got the UK with Brexit.

In Germany, it generally comes down to people "just following orders". Have you seen any of their BDSM videos.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Those are arguments. They are not competing facts or "alternative truth". In fact, that article demonstrates the balance which BBC is compelled to offer by law.

Didn't seem fair or balanced to me.

Just another you must get everyone vaccinated before we are all safe MSN agenda.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, BritManToo said:

Didn't seem fair or balanced to me.

Just another you must get everyone vaccinated before we are all safe MSN agenda.

That part is the truth that they are required to print.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sometimes, censorship is a good thing.  Especially when it involves conspiracy theories and fake news.  If you pick the right fact checker, they are spot on. Sad you don't agree with this.

Censorship is never a good thing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, KhunLA said:

Censorship is never a good thing.

If it stops people from posting fake and misleading info, it's great.  It does nothing but hurt others.  As the US surgeon has said, it's the #1 health crisis today.  Misinformation.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Didn't seem fair or balanced to me.

Just another you must get everyone vaccinated before we are all safe MSN agenda.

MSM agenda?  How about scientific and health based agenda?  Jeez....blame this on MSM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, KhunLA said:

Censorship is never a good thing.

Twitter and to a lesser extent Facebook have been forced to censor because the lies were so egregious. Was that not a good thing? Would censorship if racist propaganda before and during WW2 have helped? Do lies deserve equal time with the truth? If the lies are malevolent should they be quelled? Should libel be censored?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Twitter and to a lesser extent Facebook have been forced to censor because the lies were so egregious. Was that not a good thing? Would censorship if racist propaganda before and during WW2 have helped? Do lies deserve equal time with the truth? If the lies are malevolent should they be quelled? Should libel be censored?

I agree. The only issue i have with it is, who decides what the truth is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I agree. The only issue i have with it is, who decides what the truth is.

I use the above fact check sites, bounce that against the others sites I use, and come up with the truth.  I've not found these 2 sites to be off in their analysis.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to try and keep things going, if I look up hemeroids for some reason on google is it right that my wife starts getting adverts on her phone about treatment. Where's the censorship in that. I'm asking for a friend 555

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Khabib said:

I agree. The only issue i have with it is, who decides what the truth is.

I think that's what fact checkers do and overall I think they are not part of a left wing conspiracy. At least, I don't see their facts being challenged with any contradictory evidence, just a lot of name calling.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Khabib said:

In Germany, it generally comes down to people "just following orders". Have you seen any of their BDSM videos.

I have spent around 4 years working in Germany. It's true that the German way of doing things is very process-oriented. But I think the "following orders" cliche is very unfair.

 

Germany has rebuilt its political system from the ground up over the last few decades.

 

Its form of democracy now, being based on PR (Proportional Representation) is more reflective of what the population actually wants than the UK with its "first past the post" system, or the US system.

 

When I look at what's currently going on in my native UK I shudder at the massive erosion of government accountability that has gone on over the last couple of years.

 

I've also worked in the US for several years. And I'm even more stunned at recent US politics than by the UK. I would never have believed QAnon could have become such a serious in force in the Republican party.

 

Because of that I can understand why some US progressives are so incensed about this. One effect unfortunately is that some of the progressives see conspiracy theory everywhere, almost like McCarthyism in reverse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I think that's what fact checkers do and overall I think they are not part of a left wing conspiracy. At least, I don't see their facts being challenged with any contradictory evidence, just a lot of name calling.

But how on earth do the fact checkers establish the facts

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackprince said:

I have spent around 4 years working in Germany. It's true that the German way of doing things is very process-oriented. But I think the "following orders" cliche is very unfair.

 

Germany has rebuilt its political system from the ground up over the last few decades.

 

Its form of democracy now, being based on PR (Proportional Representation) is more reflective of what the population actually wants than the UK with its "first past the post" system, or the US system.

 

When I look at what's currently going on in my native UK I shudder at the massive erosion of government accountability that has gone on over the last couple of years.

 

I've also worked in the US for several years. And I'm even more stunned at recent US politics than by the UK. I would never have believed QAnon could have become such a serious in force in the Republican party.

 

Because of that I can understand why some US progressives are so incensed about this. One effect unfortunately is that some of the progressives see conspiracy theory everywhere, almost like McCarthyism in reverse.

Great response. I spent some working time in Hamburg and Flensburg and I found nothing but lovely kind hearted people. Nothing was meant to offend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Khabib said:

But how on earth do the fact checkers establish the facts

research, how else? They define the problem then produce research and evidence to determine if the controversy is true or false. That research is open for criticism but I don't see a lot of evidence produced which refutes their conclusion, just name calling.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

research, how else? They define the problem then produce research and evidence to determine if the controversy is true or false. That research is open for criticism but I don't see a lot of evidence produced which refutes their conclusion, just name calling.

The way I try and disseminate the truth, is by listening to all view points. Then I apply rationale and logic, and see what my mind brings out in the wash. I find I'm more often than not correct in my assessment. Just like everyone else.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

The way I try and disseminate the truth, is by listening to all view points. Then I apply rationale and logic, and see what my mind brings out in the wash. I find I'm more often than not correct in my assessment. Just like everyone else.

Understood.  But many viewpoints are proven conspiracy theorists.  I avoid those in my analysis. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...