Police in Bang Saen continue raids on venues selling alcohol, district not legally permitted sales yet

webfact

1638779284399.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Mueang Chonburi – The Saen Suk police raided a pub in Bang Saen last night (December 5th) for allegedly allowing people to drink alcohol and socialize despite strict Covid-19 rules currently in place in the Chonburi province outside the ‘Blue Zone’ area.

A team from the Saen Suk police raided the ‘SEWANA PG’ pub in Soi Jari, Saen Suk sub-district. The raid came following a phone call from the Chonburi Provincial Police Commander who reportedly personally spotted the venue opened and called local police to hold the venue responsible.

The Chonburi Provincial Police Deputy Commander Colonel Maykawit Praditpon told TPN media, “I was driving nearby when I noticed the nightclub was opened and appeared to be operating normally, which is against disease control orders. I immediately called the Saen Suk Police and demanded they take action.”

“Lots of tourists were found drinking alcohol and there was a live music show inside. They used paper cups, however, there was alcohol inside.” Colonel Maykawit stated.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/06/police-in-bang-saen-continue-raids-on-venues-selling-alcohol-district-not-legally-permitted-sales-yet/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Chonburi Provincial Police Deputy Commander Colonel Maykawit Praditpon told TPN media, “I was driving nearby when I noticed the nightclub was opened and appeared to be operating normally, which is against disease control orders. I immediately called the Saen Suk Police and demanded they take action.”

Translation - had a call from the establishment next door

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Translation - had a call from the establishment next door

I assume you can stand for that, and have first hand information from a reliable source. Or maybe just another time you are trying to say that all Thais are incompetent and you know everything.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Oooop's someones going to get a demotion.

After staying at the same location for many years when arriving in BKK and complaining to the tenet about the loud music next door going sometimes until 5am, she told me that they often operate illegally (Later than established hours) until someone calls the police to enforce the law about stopping the music at the pre-determined time, so some of it is normal Thai behavior and the other is businesses truly trying to survive, people trying to live.