77 OLD man will be married with a 20 y/o young girl

Tarteso

46 minutes ago, DBath said:

There are significant red flags with that much age gap. 20 years - even 25 - is one thing, but 47 years puts this on a whole other level. Hard to imagine them having much, if anything in common.

I have much more in common with my 23 year old step-daughter than I do with my 40 yo girlfriend.

Had a 30 year old gf in the Philippines a few years back, we talked the same language, listened to the same music, watched the same movies, didn't fancy her much though, but she wanted to do it all the time.

Anyway at 77, I'm betting this old guy just wants her for company, shopping, cooking and housework. She'll probably do a great job, how much longer can he last?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have much more in common with my 23 year old step-daughter than I do with my 40 yo girlfriend.

Had a 30 year old gf in the Philippines a few years back, we talked the same language, listened to the same music, watched the same movies, didn't fancy her much though, but she wanted to do it all the time.

Anyway at 77, I'm betting this old guy just wants her for company, shopping, cooking and housework. She'll probably do a great job, how much longer can he last?

15 years. 77yo not old. 92yo common.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You may be right and who knows, maybe they really do have true affection towards each other. One thing's for sure, the odds of finding real happiness with a woman in Asia is way, way better than most western countries. Sounds to me like you've been lucky, I know I have been, but I quite a few horror stories and I'm sure some of them could have been avoided if the guy would've done most of his thinking with the 'right head'.

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

You may be right and who knows, maybe they really do have true affection towards each other. One thing's for sure, the odds of finding real happiness with a woman in Asia is way, way better than most western countries. Sounds to me like you've been lucky, I know I have been, but I quite a few horror stories and I'm sure some of them could have been avoided if the guy would've done most of his thinking with the 'right head'.

The lower head provides more fun

Sanuk mahk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

The lower head provides more fun

Sanuk mahk

That's 'Blaster' and the upper one is 'Master', you want to be careful to never let 'Blaster' become the 'Master'!! ????

Edited by DBath

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Entirely up to them. BTW, to me she looks more like thirty than twenty.

I might even go with 40, amazing what can be done with photo software these days. That could be a picture of Prayuth in a wig for all we know!

Edited by DBath

36 minutes ago, DBath said:

Al he many horror stories I've encountered always involve the guy buying them a house free and clear.

No house paid upfront = no major problems.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

What rules are they? Brit rules?

Certainly UK, but I believe that same applies in some other countries.

UK  -  https://www.whnsolicitors.co.uk/newsroom/family/what-happens-to-my-will-if-i-get-married-or-divorced/#:~:text=When you marry%2C any existing,Will in anticipation of marriage.

OZ  -  https://www.ealawyers.com.au/blog/2020/june/marriage-and-wills/

CANADA  -  http://pdclawyers.ca/blog/do-i-need-a-new-will-if-i-get-married-do-i-need-a-new-will-if-i-get-divorced/

Florida  -  1. Marriage does not cancel a will in Florida, but a spouse acquired after the execution of a will may receive the same portion of your estate that he or she would have received had you dies without a will (at least one-half).

I might be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that Myanmar women are not allowed to marry foreigners. At least not in Myanmar.

With the political situation there, it might be her aim to get out. For him a 20 y.o. woman on his arm.

As others have said, mutually beneficial. For a while at least.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:19 PM, Gecko123 said:

I would argue society has an interest in whether it works out or not.

If he sinks his life savings into building a house, and things don't work out, and he returns to the UK penniless, he's either out on the street homeless or being cared for by some tax payer-funded social service. Either way, society has to pick up the tab. If he kicks the bucket while she's still pregnant with his kid, society suffers when the nuclear family breaks down, with increased risk that the kid will get in trouble with the law down the road. Obviously, if either one of them ends up murdering or severely injuring the other, society has to pick up the tab for incarceration, loss of economic potential, rehabilitation, etc.  Furthermore, the ingrained mentality that a girl can "always go turn a few tricks down in Pattaya" undermines academic achievement and work ethics in village communities.

To the extent that a comparatively wealthy foreigner can tempt a village girl into entering into a largely mercenary marriage in preference to marrying someone from the local community, or away from furthering her education or otherwise endeavoring to improve her earning potential this has an impact on the social fabric which shouldn't be swept under the rug. The clichéd pseudo-libertarian battle cries of "age is just a number", "live-and-let-live", "who are we to judge?", and "77 year-olds have needs too" are all just attempts to rationalize away and turn a blind eye to the cultural and societal damage these relationships more often than not cause.

You are definitely overthinking this, nobody cares.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Al he many horror stories I've encountered always involve the guy buying them a house free and clear.

No house paid upfront = no major problems.

The other one I’ve seen is the woman getting her hands on the guys ATM card and cleaning him out. Have seen a couple where the guy couldn’t renew his retirement extension and had to leave Thailand. 

5 hours ago, DBath said:

The other one I’ve seen is the woman getting her hands on the guys ATM card and cleaning him out. Have seen a couple where the guy couldn’t renew his retirement extension and had to leave Thailand. 

I'm very surprised they haven't incorporated the revealing of the atm card PIN as part of the dowry or wedding procedures

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

but she wanted to do it all the time.

The laundry?

Will she love him for money , pretty sure . But what is the problem ? She's ok with it , she is adult , he surely is, what is the problem ?

Why people care , they both adults , leave them alone , they do what they want to do , nothing of that is your business whatever reason there is .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

15 years. 77yo not old. 92yo common.

You seen his photo?  Some 70+ year olds have good genes , have taken care of themselves all their lives with exercise , proper nutriton , medical exams ect and live long active lives. Him I think not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sezze said:

Will she love him for money , pretty sure . But what is the problem ? She's ok with it , she is adult , he surely is, what is the problem ?

Why people care , they both adults , leave them alone , they do what they want to do , nothing of that is your business whatever reason there is .

Have you ever met a 20 year old Thai girl or Burma girl, and thought they seem to act and behave like an adult? Think like an adult?

35 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Have you ever met a 20 year old Thai girl or Burma girl, and thought they seem to act and behave like an adult? Think like an adult?

If the acting/thinking matters , then a lot of 40-50-60-70-80y olds aren't adult also . The fact is 18y is considered to be adult unless some kind of condition .