77 OLD man will be married with a 20 y/o young girl

Tarteso

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Who cares if it works out or not

I would argue society has an interest in whether it works out or not.

If he sinks his life savings into building a house, and things don't work out, and he returns to the UK penniless, he's either out on the street homeless or being cared for by some tax payer-funded social service. Either way, society has to pick up the tab. If he kicks the bucket while she's still pregnant with his kid, society suffers when the nuclear family breaks down, with increased risk that the kid will get in trouble with the law down the road. Obviously, if either one of them ends up murdering or severely injuring the other, society has to pick up the tab for incarceration, loss of economic potential, rehabilitation, etc.  Furthermore, the ingrained mentality that a girl can "always go turn a few tricks down in Pattaya" undermines academic achievement and work ethics in village communities.

To the extent that a comparatively wealthy foreigner can tempt a village girl into entering into a largely mercenary marriage in preference to marrying someone from the local community, or away from furthering her education or otherwise endeavoring to improve her earning potential this has an impact on the social fabric which shouldn't be swept under the rug. The clichéd pseudo-libertarian battle cries of "age is just a number", "live-and-let-live", "who are we to judge?", and "77 year-olds have needs too" are all just attempts to rationalize away and turn a blind eye to the cultural and societal damage these relationships more often than not cause.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Looks like to me that his fellow, at 77 years of age, has not spent time learning much, now did he?

Buy her time, no need for a marriage certificate.

Is he afraid that she will run away quickly. Marriage will prevent her from running away will it?

She already agreed to sell her time, so relax now...

2 hours ago, TheScience said:

Like how you inserted YOUNG into the title lol. As if she's 13 or something.

She's nothing special.

It will never work for dozens of reasons.

A 20-year-old girl is exactly that;  A young girl.  Anyway, but a 20-year-old girl from a village in Myanmar, in any western country, it is likely that she does not have the psychic and mental preparation to compare herself to another 20-year-old European girl .. nothing wrong with my word in OP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

That is where had to stop reading, who gives a flying fk about society these days, just look at the mess the world is in today.

Stop worrying about society and live your life and let others live theirs, it's that simple really.

You're talking to me as if my concern was with societal approval. My concern is with the societal COSTS, not societal approval. If you had bothered to read beyond the first sentence of my post you would know this. 

11 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

A 20-year-old girl is exactly that;  A young girl.

A 20 year old is not a "young girl".  Possibly a young woman.

This misrepresentation of the facts suggests a bias on your part.  I.e. you don't like it, so you're trying to make it sound worse than it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your opinions.  It seems that I share most of your opinions.  My first wife sadly passed away a few years ago very young in my country of origin (Spain).  I have daughters from that marriage.  I have lived in several countries since then and have had several experiences as a couple, I finally met my current wife in Thailand and happily married 4 years ago, she is 16 years younger than me (61).  I am not one to judge marriages X years apart.  Everyone is free to choose their future and relationships.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

She told him she's 20

Why would she? 

If I was 77, I would rather a 30 year old. Less chance of people thinking I am a pervert. 

I find it sad seeing this kind of relationship, both are desperate and normal people would be black affronted walking down the street together. What does their families think! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Is this ethic, Moral or logical ? ????

Logical: yes.  Ethical or moral: depends on the motivations of each party and how they feel about it.

If they both feel happy to put up with the negatives in order to gain from the positives, then it's fine.  If either one is deceiving the other, or one of them is being coerced, then it isn't.

I would hazard a guess that the OP is probably of the opinion that the girl is being exploited, while the guy is doing the exploitation.  I'm not sure that I necessarily agree.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I would hazard a guess that the OP is probably of the opinion that the girl is being exploited,

Wrong again, is not my opinion, just a question for share and comments. BTW.. I don’t think the young girl is being exploited, so that it is clear to you

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

You're talking to me as if my concern was with societal approval. My concern is with the societal COSTS, not societal approval. If you had bothered to read beyond the first sentence of my post you would know this. 

Perhaps you should read your first sentence again and take note.

Regardless of societal COSTS, do you not realise governments waste millions of dollars on other stuff, so if the guy falls back on society, so what, I take it at 77 years of age he's more than likely worked and paid his taxes as opposed to others who come from other countries, pay no taxes and are a burden on societal COSTS, see my point ?

Life is short and at 77 he ain't got much left in him so let him take whatever it is as I am sure his burden on societal COSTS would be shorter lived than others and I won't mention any races because that would be deemed discriminatory suffice to say if governments throw it away to them, then why not him who would have earned the right for society to throw something back to him.

That is all I am saying.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

It all depends on what your preference is of course, the younger the better IMO.

I've always been attracted to small, slim women in their early 30s.

Women younger than that didn't ever really interested me.

Thailand is great for me, because there are too many like that to choose from.

Edited by BritManToo

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Consenting adults, who is anyone to judge anothers relationship.

Up to them. ????

Consenting adults implies a relationship of equals. But would she consent if she had money herself?

When 1 of the parties is coerced by financial circumstance, and the other party is paying for the relationship, either by the hour, or by the decade etc, that doesn't suggest a relationship of equals. It's still coercion of sorts.

Put more simply. If the young woman in the pic had money would she be with the guy in the pic?

Or, if the guy in the pic had no money, would the young woman be interested?

Maybe, love works miracles they say. Or maybe not.