Where to start?

Meat Pie 47

7 hours ago, Puccini said:

"glass" is an unsuitable, useless unit of measure for wine and everything else.

glass is a standard measure in some countries - even the inland revenue use this and it relates to the amount of units of alcohol (standardised to be a glass) and therefore the amount of VAT to be charged

Nowehere has the OP indicated he is overweight. Many people still have local fat deposit on the abdomen even at their ideal weight,due to  genetically determined distribution of fat cells and if this is his situation he needs to either live with it or look into cosmetic procedures to remove fat cells from that location.

Of course, if he is overweight, then weight loss should be first approach. But we do nto know this to be the case.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Nowehere has the OP indicated he is overweight. Many people still have local fat deposit on the abdomen even at their ideal weight,due to  genetically determined distribution of fat cells and if this is his situation he needs to either live with it or look into cosmetic procedures to remove fat cells from that location.

Of course, if he is overweight, then weight loss should be first approach. But we do nto know this to be the case.

I guess I am not overweight I weigh about 78-80 kg I eat only fruit in the morning no lunch and just a small dinner, no rice at all maybe just a potato or a bit of pasta some times. No soft drinks at all and hardly any juice, I drink just soda water and make it myself (soda stream) if I eat any less I would starve.

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I guess I am not overweight I weigh about 78-80 kg I eat only fruit in the morning no lunch and just a small dinner, no rice at all maybe just a potato or a bit of pasta some times. No soft drinks at all and hardly any juice, I drink just soda water and make it myself (soda stream) if I eat any less I would starve.

Then as per my original post: Cool Sculpt or Lipo but at 74, better to avoid surgery so maybe try Cool Sculpt. Provided the fat is loose and towards the surface (i.e. you can easily grab a handful and pull it outward).

On 12/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

Thanks for the useless answer

What did you want to hear, bruv?

Sugar and breads are scoundrels for mortals

Cycling, rowing and swimming low impact exercisers

Daily press-ups, sit-ups (squeeze from inside) for core

And stop eating them ‘meat pies’. ????????

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

What did you want to hear, bruv?

Sugar and breads are scoundrels for mortals

Cycling, rowing and swimming low impact exercisers

Daily press-ups, sit-ups (squeeze from inside) for core

And stop eating them ‘meat pies’. ????????

I don't eat meat pies very often, maybe you should learn how to read I don't use sugar at all I don't drink soft drinks I don't eat junk food I have 2 meals a day consisting of fruit in the morning no lunch and just a small dinner and you try to do sit ups when you are 74  and I use my exercise bike every day. Any more questions?

It's all about what you eat. 

You might eat a lot of fruit and lose weight.

You might eat pasta burger sauces etc the average man's diet and gain weight even if you don't eat much. 

Especially at an older age as your metabolism slows down. Experiment how your body reacts to different things. 

But the easiest way to lose weight is to eat more fresh raw food, know how much you should eat per day and don't exceed that. Be active. 

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sounds like visceral fat, or you are a TOFI......thin outside, fat inside.

Exercise is 'almost' a waste of time......diet is the key.

It is not in the least clear it is visceral fat.

He may simply, like a lot of people, have a layer of subcutaneous fat on his abdomen. We don't know.

We do know, from what he has said, that he is nto in the least bit overweight.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2021 at 2:12 AM, RichardColeman said:

if all else fails...my wife says i should get one

.man-girdle.jpg

Recently I was in an English language community theater production where there were about 15 male cast members in their 60s and 70s who had to wear military officer uniforms and play guys in their 30s and 40s.  In the chatter in the "green room" it came out that a surprising number of them were wearing "man-girdles", not just to hide their beer-bellies, but also to improve their posture.  They admitted they're a little hot for everyday wear in Thailand, but one, somewhat vain guy says he does wear it out-and-about fairly often.

I felt a little underdressed since I left all my "all-in-one" figure-shaping garments back in the U.S. when we retired to Thailand.  The guys were right, one would have improved my posture made me look a little better under the dress I had to wear in the play.

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I stopped eating after 1pm. Took a while to get used to but lost a lot of fat. I also run 25 km a week.  No easy way, stop drinking alcohol.

My family and I live in a large hotel. We have a nice bar, a restaurant, I can drink or eat anything I want 24/7. Steak, Vanilla ice cream, coconut ice cream, wash it down with a Singha. . . Fortunately I have good self control and I only drink once, maybe twice a week, but it's easy to see how someone prone to addiction might fall into the alcohol trap in an environment like this. . .

On 12/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, Sheryl said:

Many people still have local fat deposit on the abdomen even at their ideal weight

This started happening to me a couple of years ago in my late 40s, only a little but it's started. My BMI remains in the 'ideal' range, but my jeans are getting tighter. I started making myself walk the long way to and from work. I also started walking up and down flights of stairs, even though I have no need to walk up and down them. So far it's keeping the spread limited.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I stopped eating after 1pm. Took a while to get used to but lost a lot of fat. I also run 25 km a week.  No easy way, stop drinking alcohol.

Not easy to run 25km per week when you just got over a broken ankle and 74 years old and also as I mentioned I don't eat a lot, I eat just fruit in the morning,no lunch and just a small meal in the afternoon and talking about meat pies this is just my avatar,as I said I don't eat many meat pies maybe just 1or2 per months and I make them myself since I have an pie maker and giving up drinking I must say again I don't drink beer or spirits just a couple of glasses red wine per day. Since I don't live in Thailand anymore I don't sweat a lot apart from summertime and I ride my exercise bike most days.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Not easy to run 25km per week when you just got over a broken ankle and 74 years old and also as I mentioned I don't eat a lot, I eat just fruit in the morning,no lunch and just a small meal in the afternoon and talking about meat pies this is just my avatar,as I said I don't eat many meat pies maybe just 1or2 per months and I make them myself since I have an pie maker and giving up drinking I must say again I don't drink beer or spirits just a couple of glasses red wine per day. Since I don't live in Thailand anymore I don't sweat a lot apart from summertime and I ride my exercise bike most days.

Fair dinkum.

Swimming is good

???? 

26 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I doubt that any doctor, anywhere has ever said that "a few glasses of wine each day is good for you"!

Is 1 glass of wine a day OK?

Attend an info session to learn more on how this program can advance your career. Moderate drinking — defined as one drink per day for healthy women and two drinks per day for healthy men — is widely considered safe.
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I doubt that any doctor, anywhere has ever said that "a few glasses of wine each day is good for you"!

Is 1 glass of wine a day OK?

I do not know, I'm not a doctor but I do know that no doctor has ever credibly recommended that anyone drinks "a few glasses of wine everyday to benefit their health"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 12/10/2021 at 12:14 PM, cyril sneer said:

sounds like stomach cancer

While the above is absurd, OP would do well to consider other possible health causes, especially if the abdomen is large but not from superficial fat.

OP have yo ugad a recent physical check up? Abdominal ultrasound might be wise unless it is very loose superficial fat

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I do not know, I'm not a doctor but I do know that no doctor has ever credibly recommended that anyone drinks "a few glasses of wine everyday to benefit their health"!

Purely for interest, make of it what you will...

"A 2019 study in the journal Gastroenterology found that people who drank red wine had a greater diversity of good bacteria in their guts compared with people who did not drink red wine."

https://www.thehealthy.com/food/red-wine-benefits/

• Like 1

Dont know your age, but I guess, like most of us,    being 50 is just a memory now.      As we age its  fairly normal  to  get a "beer belly"  for want of a better expression.  Putting on weight in the wrong place is very easy, taking it   off   brick you age  is damn near impossible.   Im  the perfect example of that.  At least a glass or two of (red)  wine is   good for your   digestive system, thought it is full of calories.  I have two sons, both fitness freaks, built like the proverbial brick sh.t house, both approaching middle age and developing nice little pots...      Just learn to live with it and enjoy.  .

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Purely for interest, make of it what you will...

"A 2019 study in the journal Gastroenterology found that people who drank red wine had a greater diversity of good bacteria in their guts compared with people who did not drink red wine."

https://www.thehealthy.com/food/red-wine-benefits/

This is what I (and the link!) made of it...

"What happens to your body if you drink a small amount every day? ...  if you have a glass of wine a day or less (but not more—especially if you’re a woman)  there may be some benefits (and risks) to your moderate imbibing".

As I said, no doctor is ever going to recommend drinking a few glasses of wine every night as the OP does.