Just got my 3rd (Booster) Moderna vaccine at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok today

wasabi

On 12/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, Jen65 said:

Interesting thread, hot topic now .I have been waiting for information on booster shots and since Pfizer latest announcement re only 2 shots not offering full protection against Omicron and antibodies would be reduced to only 50% plus their recommendation to get the 3rd booster shot , then with Omicron here in Thailand this thread and anything regarding booster shots will get major attention !!!  It still appears that one has to wait the 6 months in Thailand although this is likely to be because the purchase and distribution of vaccines is government controlled and the fact is , they don't have enough vaccines !    Medical profession states you can get the booster 8 to 12 weeks after your 2 jab .  

Jen65 wrote, "Medical profession states you can get the booster 8 to 12 weeks after your 2 jab."

Source please

13 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I just got a THG message all in Thai on LINE saying my MODERNA queue number 340,000 is now ready that I paid for in July and they need an answer in 2 days having waited 6 months!?

I have already had an AZ booster last month having given up waiting for THG, what to do about Moderna?

I don't like it either but such is the way it is. Same in Alberta, Canada in June 2021. I got on a list and was called telling me that I had to decide in X hours re: the appointment time at the pharmacist.

I presume this is due to vaccine shortage and perhaps no unregulated market in vaccines (for better or worse)

Received my 3rd shot (Moderna) 8th Dec. The thing is, they’ve put a series of digits on the Thai ID section on my vaccine certificate and nothing in the passport section. The digits given have no resemblance to my passport number. Anyone else?

8 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Received my 3rd shot (Moderna) 8th Dec. The thing is, they’ve put a series of digits on the Thai ID section on my vaccine certificate and nothing in the passport section. The digits given have no resemblance to my passport number. Anyone else?

I guess the number starts with 60000.

When you are registered in the system it generates a vaccination I.D. number for you.

My digital covid19 vax certificate on the morprom app shows both my passport number and the 60000 I.D number.

5 minutes ago, Farma said:

I guess the number starts with 60000.

When you are registered in the system it generates a vaccination I.D. number for you.

My digital covid19 vax certificate on the morprom app shows both my passport number and the 60000 I.D number.

No, it starts with 0107… maybe I’ll try enter it on mor prom to see what happens. Nevertheless. I’d like my passport number on the paper certificate in case I need to produce it for international travel in the future. I’ll get down to the hospital to see if I can get it sorted tomorrow 

Edited by lemonjelly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, World Traveller2 said:

I don't like it either but such is the way it is.

Since my post from today's Nation:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40009956

“If you have already registered for the fourth jab with a private vaccine importer, it is advisable to postpone it for now and wait at least six months after your third jab,” the expert said. “We don’t know what will happen in the future. There could be a new variant of the virus or a new type of vaccine may become available.”

10 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

I just got a THG message all in Thai on LINE saying my MODERNA queue number 340,000 is now ready that I paid for in July and they need an answer in 2 days having waited 6 months!?

I have already had an AZ booster last month having given up waiting for THG, what to do about Moderna?

What answer are they needing?

18 hours ago, Chris.B said:

What answer are they needing?

I think they want answer whether I will take Moderna paying the extra 450THB on top of deposit and pick a vax date within next month, or do nothing. I have elected to do nothing as too early for me, just had a booster last month. Not sure where the transfer option comes into it, didn't see that.

On 12/8/2021 at 12:40 PM, wasabi said:

Not sure if this is common knowledge but my wife and I got Moderna booster shots at Bangkok Hospital today. This is 6 months after our 2nd Pfizer vaccine was administered in the USA. The process involved purchasing coupons on the official Bangkok Hospital subsite on Shoppee. Cost was 1650 THB per person.

image.png.7dc72753a397963d5a2c06e2631383de.png

I found this a bit odd but that is how it works. After purchasing the coupons I was sent an SMS to my Thai phone number that allowed me to download the coupons. I then registered on Bangkok Hospital's website where I was asked for various information including my coupon number.

image.png.b5f349594967bb3fa9a91946e25b82ca.png

They had many time slots available so I picked the one which was to the day 6 months after I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccine. There were many signs and people to help you find the vaccine location in building R. They scanned our coupons, printed out our appointments and we were taken to a large room. They checked my passport and CDC Covid vaccine card. At first they were hesitant to give me the vaccine because in the USA dates are written mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy like they do in Thailand. The person thought my last vaccine was in August but after I explained the difference they gave me the shot.

They gave me an official looking document (upon request) that said I'd had the 3rd vaccine. I think this can be registered on Mor Phrom but I'm hoping I don't need to take any additional steps so I haven't done that yet. Now at home waiting to see if I have any minor side effects. The 2nd Pfizer jab made me ill for about a day but it was a minor problem. 

I was planning to go to either Bumrungrad or Bang Sue to try to get my booster but I learned about this option from Richard Barrow's twitter feed. Process was smooth and for me well worth the cost.

Moderna.jpg.5c7ca942e93c2856bc21c09ea94c3d89.jpg

Thank you so much for the heads up. I have passed this on through other threads.

I bought at Shopee on 11 December and registered with Bangkok Hospital. Initially they suggested an appointment on January 17, which I booked, but in view of the newish 3 month applicability, I changed to today's date, and all went according to plan. Well, there was a bit of confusion at registration at Bangkok Hospital, because I had paid for 2 (for 2 people), and they registered my partner first with 2. Anyway, sorted out, and certificate issued with QR, and Mor Prom updated instantaneously. I have a Yellow Passport (YP) with my 2 AZ shots, but will either have to use Mor Prom to obtain another YP with the 3 shots, or go to Suvarnabhumi to update the YP in person. Need my Thai assistant to assist, as Mor Prom app is in Thai in parts that may or may not be crucial to understanding how to proceed.

Tip: if you go to Bangkok Hospital vaccinations are at "R" building.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 7:26 PM, samtam said:

Thank you so much for the heads up. I have passed this on through other threads.

I bought at Shopee on 11 December and registered with Bangkok Hospital. Initially they suggested an appointment on January 17, which I booked, but in view of the newish 3 month applicability, I changed to today's date, and all went according to plan. Well, there was a bit of confusion at registration at Bangkok Hospital, because I had paid for 2 (for 2 people), and they registered my partner first with 2. Anyway, sorted out, and certificate issued with QR, and Mor Prom updated instantaneously. I have a Yellow Passport (YP) with my 2 AZ shots, but will either have to use Mor Prom to obtain another YP with the 3 shots, or go to Suvarnabhumi to update the YP in person. Need my Thai assistant to assist, as Mor Prom app is in Thai in parts that may or may not be crucial to understanding how to proceed.

Tip: if you go to Bangkok Hospital vaccinations are at "R" building.

Good to hear, Im going for Moderna boost Dec. 28 at bkk hospital. So the Mor Prom is updated with the 3rd instantly and you are given a certificate with QR ? The Yellow vaccination passport book is not updated at bkk hospital ? I have an international flight in March, Suvarnabhumi updates it ?  thanks....

3 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Good to hear, Im going for Moderna boost Dec. 28 at bkk hospital. So the Mor Prom is updated with the 3rd instantly and you are given a certificate with QR ? The Yellow vaccination passport book is not updated at bkk hospital ? I have an international flight in March, Suvarnabhumi updates it ?  thanks....

Yes, Mor Prom is updated with the 3rd instantly, and you are given a certificate with the QR code. I tried to get another Yellow Passport issued through Mor Prom, (I have one with the first 2), but you have to go and pick it up somewhere in the boonies. The lady at Bangkok Hospital said the existing YP can be updated at Suvarnabhumi, but I'm not exactly sure whether that is the case. I'm not in a rush, as I have postponed my travel plans until further notice, and we may need another jab before that. But the Mor Prom and the Certificate should be sufficient for travel; my understanding is that is accepted at BKK for departure, and that's the only important bit. AFAIK, (not much!), it's not checked at the arrival destination.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, samtam said:

Yes, Mor Prom is updated with the 3rd instantly, and you are given a certificate with the QR code. I tried to get another Yellow Passport issued through Mor Prom, (I have one with the first 2), but you have to go and pick it up somewhere in the boonies. The lady at Bangkok Hospital said the existing YP can be updated at Suvarnabhumi, but I'm not exactly sure whether that is the case. I'm not in a rush, as I have postponed my travel plans until further notice, and we may need another jab before that. But the Mor Prom and the Certificate should be sufficient for travel; my understanding is that is accepted at BKK for departure, and that's the only important bit. AFAIK, (not much!), it's not checked at the arrival destination.

I just asked the lady at Bangkok Hospital to send me the Vaccine PP details:

3091367_VaccinePassport.thumb.jpg.b9ca56175cb0627ae80d472a19d5b6a0.jpg

I called the airport number, but the line was picked up and then cancelled! I've sent them an email. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, samtam said:

I just asked the lady at Bangkok Hospital to send me the Vaccine PP details:

3091367_VaccinePassport.thumb.jpg.b9ca56175cb0627ae80d472a19d5b6a0.jpg

I called the airport number, but the line was picked up and then cancelled! I've sent them an email. 

UPDATE:

I spoke to the lady at Bangkok Hospital and told her that the airport number for Vax Passport was defunct. She now tells me (today) that Bangkok Hospital CAN update an existing Yellow Passport. So, I will go back there with the respective documents. But be sure to ask when you get your vaccine. It's rather tedious that they couldn't have given me this information when I asked about it at the time of getting the third jab this last Monday. But as usual, the first, (and sometimes second) answer changes. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:25 PM, samtam said:

UPDATE:

I spoke to the lady at Bangkok Hospital and told her that the airport number for Vax Passport was defunct. She now tells me (today) that Bangkok Hospital CAN update an existing Yellow Passport. So, I will go back there with the respective documents. But be sure to ask when you get your vaccine. It's rather tedious that they couldn't have given me this information when I asked about it at the time of getting the third jab this last Monday. But as usual, the first, (and sometimes second) answer changes. Hope this helps.

I received my Moderna boost today at BKK Hospital BKK, the nurse updated my Yellow Passport book with the 3rd jab as well......

On 12/23/2021 at 3:51 PM, samtam said:

Yes, Mor Prom is updated with the 3rd instantly

Assuming you applied for the Digital EU-approved certificate (International Certificate, bottom left in Mor Prom app) is that QR-linked page also updated with your third dose?

I think it would be but am not certain.

6 minutes ago, RubenRemus said:

Just to point out that I was able to get a Pfizer booster after 4 months fully vaxxed at Bang Sue station last week. I only showed up with my passport and CDC (US) vaccination card. 

So you walked in, no appointment or reservation required?

Was it easy to find the correct desk area?

Thanks.

There's not really a correct desk. I showed an officer my docs curbside and he showed me where to sit... then I just followed my group that was going in. There are a row of desks where "walk in" clients get registered, and I was asked to briefly check in there. Once I was registered I got back into my group. At the end when everyone was sitting and being observed post jab, I went over to  a set of desks and a worker there printed up my vaccine certification paperwork and handed it to me. Don't leave without one of these - it's yellow. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Assuming you applied for the Digital EU-approved certificate (International Certificate, bottom left in Mor Prom app) is that QR-linked page also updated with your third dose?

I can't answer, as when "I tap to show Digital Vaccination Certificate" nothing happens.

However, all three vaccinations are shown on "Vaccination Certificate" tab.

The app seems a bit temperamental. I was trying to show a friend in a restaurant the other night, and it wouldn't open. (I was using mobile data.) Anyway, it opened without problem outside of the restaurant. Let's hope they don't introduce proof of vaccination in restaurants, otherwise this is a dead loss!

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

I received my Moderna boost today at BKK Hospital BKK, the nurse updated my Yellow Passport book with the 3rd jab as well......

Glad to hear it! I will have to make a return trip in the new year, as they didn't know about it when I went on 20 December.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I just received Moderna Booster this morning, the 3rd jab is not showing on the Mor Prom app International Certificate tab yet anyway. It does show up on the Certificate tab and digital.

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I just received Moderna Booster this morning, the 3rd jab is not showing on the Mor Prom app International Certificate tab yet anyway. It does show up on the Certificate tab and digital.

I'll ask them about it at Bangkok Hospital when I go to update my Yellow Vaccine Passport, if it hasn't been updated by then.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, samtam said:

I'll ask them about it at Bangkok Hospital when I go to update my Yellow Vaccine Passport, if it hasn't been updated by then.

It may take 24-48 hours I assume to show on the International Tab, should not have go through the process again I would think, there is only the postal  and self pickup options and not free this time. It shows your 3rd jab on the data but as I said, not showing on the International Certificate Tab yet.

Edited by CANSIAM

On 12/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, mtls2005 said:

Update on the Mor Prom App International Certificate tab, today I resent another booking with my 3rd jab requesting QR code e-vaccine passport, still free to Dec. 31 it states, probably see it next week due to holidays, it appears it doesn't automatically update you need to request again......