Retirement Visa agents

Looking for a good agent to deal with retirement visa based in bangkok, opening bank account and doing the application itself, going to immigration together etc. Went to see one agent, been quoted $1300 for the whole process, which they say will only take a few days at most. Is that cheap, average, ripoff?

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

43,000 Thb  ,-+ , I would say that is a rip off , big time.

regards Worgeordie

My guess is that the OP is providing financials.

If not he would not be attending immigration as it certainly would not be done at CW.

BTW the service your outlining should be nothing like 43k.

@K Chan you need to clarify what is required from agent.

Edited by DrJack54

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

What you call "the Whole process"

They said they will accompany us to the bank to open the bank account and also to the immigration office. The process will take less than a week. 

We also went to a lawyer and basically they gave us the 'official' route, need to rent condo first to have address to open bank account and she also mentioned the TM30 form, we haven't decided where we're planning to stay, could be Bangkok, could be Chiang Mai or somewhere else. So basically the expensive ripoff route saves us renting condo, TM30 and any other hassle. Would that be right?

24 minutes ago, K Chan said:

They will go with us to the bank to open bank account and we will be depositing the money ourselves via swift.

In your OP I'm thinking the price is a typo? You mean 13k baht not 1,300.

Nothing wrong with your plan.

The only thing you really needed the agent for is to open bank account. The rest is easily done.

As the saying goes...up to you.

Edit just saw the $ in front of the 1300.

That is straight out ridiculous.

It's about 4500baht for bank account (Maximum)

The rest is nothing.

For heaven's sake your providing the 800k baht for bank.

Don't even think about $1300 usd

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Just an update on my original question, so we went to see a lawyer, they quoted 36,000 for the visa part, no bank account opening, although they will refer us to someone.

We have two agents with quotes 46,000 and 43,000, and they will open bank accounts and deal with the visa part, same as the lawyers. With the agents, we don't need condo address and the process will take a few days.

Both are providing different services, so for 10,000 or so more I don't need to find and rent a condo in a place where I'm not sure I want to stay long term, and also a much quicker service. I understand the agents are both doing some local magic let's say? Would I get into trouble later on, what is the risk?

11 minutes ago, K Chan said:

So we don't need a condo address to open a bank account? And the immigration process is straight forward enough?

How did you enter Thailand.

Tourist Visa, visa exempt..?

Clearly not a non O retirement.

BTW ...You now mention "WE".

No mention in OP of WE.

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, K Chan said:

60 day Tourist Visa.

Ok. The important thing is to open a bank account. That can be not so straight forward and agent can do that quickly. Couple of reports of using Siam Legal with positive feedback. Other agents can assist.

Cost should be less that 5k baht.

After the 800k is in your account you can obtain a non O retirement and that gives you a 90 day permission of stay.

In the last month of that 90 days you apply for 12 month extension.

The requirements are far more simple than your thinking. 

Only a suggestion but you can do it yourself. An agent can assist with organization if you really require that.

Keep in mind you will do extensions every year so knowing what's required is good idea.

Again you mentioned WE.

What's that about. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

OP if you need an agency contact me. She can do everything for probably 30K opening bank acc and all together unless you have no other issues with your passport.  Also if you do your second time (1 year later) with her again, it wont cost you 30K again but max 18K. she will also do your 90 days too. I suggested probably 7-8 people from this forum and they are super happy.

She did my non-o for 28K 

Edited by problemfarang

You can extend your 60 day tourist Visa for another 30 days to buy yourself some more time.

Opening a bank account can be a challenge but it can actually be done quite easily. I opened one in October & agreed to purchase their 1 year accident policy for 5,900 baht - I needed an account that day so was happy to pay & walk out with a bank book & ATM card. I returned a few days later & opened up another FD account with them, no questions asked.

Please be advised, for Retirement purposes, you will need an account in your name only.

You can use agents, but if you have the 800,000 baht, and everything else is in order, the price should be lower as many have told you. I did everything myself. I did rent a condo that I liked, I still live here three years later. But many landlords would rent you a cheap room and provide the TM 30. Hotels and some other places do it online, ask if they’re willing to give you a print out of the screen share. If you are American or some other nationalities, you can have your embassy provide an address verification. For the American Embassy, you don’t need to prove where you live, you can put anything down on the paper and they will notarize it, however you need an appointment which takes a couple of weeks. Once you have the condo contract and address verification, take them, it might help to bring a copy of your home country bank statements with substantial money in them, tell them you need the account to get a retirement visa. People are reporting receiving restricted accounts where you have no ATM card, mobile, or Internet access, if need be you can accept that, because it is good enough to get your retirement visa. You can get full access after you get your visa at the same or another bank. I used Krungsri at Sukhumvit 33 near Villa Market; people have had luck with the branch in Emquartier also. Some have got it from Bangkok bank or other banks, especially in malls or tourist areas, but they are often refused. When the money has been in the bank 60 days, go to immigration. You must go to your bank on the same morning you go to immigration to update your bank book and get a verifying letter from the bank to take to immigration. If you have all this, you can go get a 90 day extension of stay by reason of retirement for 1900 baht. Be aware that in Bangkok and some other districts, officers may visit your home just to verify that you live there, that you have the bankbook with the real money in it, and this is your real address. They are usually friendly and polite on these visits. Before 90 days later, you must return to immigration, and you were then receive a one-year extension. I am approaching my fourth extension, and I have never used an agent. If you need an agent to get the bank account, Siam Legal and Thai Visa Centre are often mentioned. About ฿5000 ($160) as mentioned and they can quote you on getting the whole visa for you as well. Many people who use agents do it because they don’t have the money in the bank and these Fixers have a way to sort that.

Edited by flbkk

51 minutes ago, flbkk said:

you can go get a 90 day extension of stay by reason of retirement for 1900 baht. Be aware that in Bangkok and some other districts, officers may visit your home just to verify that you live there, that you have the bankbook with the real money in it, and this is your real address. They are usually friendly and polite on these visits. Before 90 days later, you must return to immigration, and you were then receive a one-year extension

This needs correction.

He would be obtaining a non O visa based on retirement.

That visa gives a 90 day permission of stay. Cost is 2000baht. 

The 800k baht would need to be in his Thai bank account on day of application.

No one will visit your address. 

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

You can extend your 60 day tourist Visa for another 30 days to buy yourself some more time.

Opening a bank account can be a challenge but it can actually be done quite easily. I opened one in October & agreed to purchase their 1 year accident policy for 5,900 baht - I needed an account that day so was happy to pay & walk out with a bank book & ATM card. I returned a few days later & opened up another FD account with them, no questions asked.

Please be advised, for Retirement purposes, you will need an account in your name only.

Did you have a condo or did you use a temporary place, was it easy to get TM 30?

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

43,000 Thb  ,-+ , I would say that is a rip off , big time.

regards Worgeordie

Not really, it's not just the visa he'd be charged for, he's asking the agent to open a bank account for him also.  That is not usually included in a visa agent's package. 

31 minutes ago, K Chan said:

No, both British.

Sorry but think about it.

Read your OP. Nothing was clear.

Then you slide in the fact that it's not only a non O retirement for yourself with extension but you also have a non Thai wife. 

Good luck with obtaining accurate advice. 

Always best to outline your situation clearly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

OP if you need an agency contact me. She can do everything for probably 30K opening bank acc and all together unless you have no other issues with your passport.  Also if you do your second time (1 year later) with her again, it wont cost you 30K again but max 18K. she will also do your 90 days too. I suggested probably 7-8 people from this forum and they are super happy.

She did my non-o for 28K 

The OP mentions providing his own funds and using money in bank method.

The service you outline is for agent to cover the financials. Different situation completely.

BTW ...the prices you outline are standard even slightly overs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K Chan said:

Did you have a condo or did you use a temporary place, was it easy to get TM 30?

I came in on a visa exempt entry in October under the Phuket Sandbox so the hotel filled my TM30.

Edited by RedArmy
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, flbkk said:

Many people who use agents do it because they don’t have the money in the bank and these Fixers have a way to sort that.

And i dare say just as many dont want to leave 800k festering in a Thai bank account for eternity

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I came in on a visa exempt entry in October under the Phuket Sandbox so the hotel filled my TM30.

Was that used for opening a bank account? Did you use any other documentation, like condo lease agreement or something else?