The mRNA technology used for fighting COVID might also help fight HIV

Virt

1 minute ago, meechai said:

Yes but most animals do not live 30 years

I believe Human Trials started in 2010's didn't it?

Exactly how long a pause before approval do you advocate? If your criticism were valid, that would virtually overrule approval of most pharmaceuticals.

And of course, to date there have been no reports of latent effects from any vaccine whereas there are several virus that can result in latent effects some of which can be fatal.

30 minutes ago, meechai said:

Yes but most animals do not live 30 years

I believe Human Trials started in 2010's didn't it?

The first trials of using mRNA on human cells was in 1978:

As far back as 1978, scientists had used fatty membrane structures called liposomes to transport mRNA into mouse3 and human4 cells to induce protein expression.

Gilboa and his colleagues at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina, demonstrated this in mice11. By the late 1990s, academic collaborators had launched human trials, and Gilboa’s commercial spin-off, Merix Bioscience (later renamed to Argos Therapeutics and now called CoImmune), soon followed with clinical studies of its own.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

So, it was being used on humans in the 90s on a limited basis.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scott said:

So, it was being used on humans in the 90s on a limited basis.

Thanks that is interesting & good to know. I always thought is was there about 2010

In any case I opted for J&J back a few months ago just because I prefer the older vector virus

I would rather not take any reprogramming type vac's same as I feel about high BP meds or schoolmaster mads...although I am fortunate to not need either

But thank ks for clarification on mRNA type vacs I thought it was more like this

https://speakingofresearch.com/2021/08/27/human-mrna-vaccine-trials-in-the-2010s-a-history-lesson-in-animal-research/

Edited by meechai

16 minutes ago, meechai said:

Thanks that is interesting & good to know. I always thought is was there about 2010

In any case I opted for J&J back a few months ago just because I prefer the older vector virus

I would rather not take any reprogramming type vac's same as I feel about high BP meds or schoolmaster mads...although I am fortunate to not need either

But thank ks for clarification on mRNA type vacs I thought it was more like this

https://speakingofresearch.com/2021/08/27/human-mrna-vaccine-trials-in-the-2010s-a-history-lesson-in-animal-research/

To be sure, use in humans was very limited in the early days, but like the later trials on vaccines in humans, none of them were indicative of a long-term problem.