Immigration Nationwide (except Bangkok) Appointments System. Has Anybody used it?

16 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Thank you for the information , i have filled in my detaails with a date i have selected , pressed book , do they send an email to confirm ? or do i just turn up on the day i selected ?

I assume they will send a email to confirm the appointment since your email address is not optional.

I would also assume the may want to see a copy of the email as a confirmation of your appointment.

After filling in the form for my visa extension , they have my name and email address plus phone number . i have not recieved an email . what i have done is registered with the Tm47 which was a success so i should now be in the sysem . Does this new system mean you cannot turn up on the day with out an appointment ?

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Thank you for the information , i have filled in my detaails with a date i have selected , pressed book , do they send an email to confirm ? or do i just turn up on the day i selected ?

They most likely send an email confirming appointment and you need print out hardcopy. Screenshot won't cut it. 

I realize this thread is not about CW however what I outlined above is how CW handled appointments.

As always check spam folder for confirmation email.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

After filling in the form for my visa extension , they have my name and email address plus phone number . i have not recieved an email . what i have done is registered with the Tm47 which was a success so i should now be in the sysem . Does this new system mean you cannot turn up on the day with out an appointment ?

It is the weekend now so I would not expect an email to be received until Monday at the earliest.

I have seen nothing stating it is mandatory to have an appointment. 

Could you pin this? It could be valuable over a long period.

I see that the appointments offered are for different types of application, such as "Tourism purpose", "Education Purpose" etc. When I need it, I wonder whether I should ask for "Retirement Purpose" or "Long Term Extension" - I guess the latter. The (i) button yields no further information.

18 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Could you pin this? It could be valuable over a long period.

I will when it falls off of page one. Pinned topics are often ignored.

19 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

When I need it, I wonder whether I should ask for "Retirement Purpose" or "Long Term Extension" - I guess the latter. The (i) button yields no further information.

I think it would be for retirement. 

I don't think too many people know about it, yet.

And the one spot where high volumes would benefit from an appointment (Bangkok/CW) is not supported AFAIK. 

It seems like for most folks, outside of the usual areas, swan into their local Immigration office and get served immediately. 

The previous appointment system for Bangkok worked brilliantly, in my one single experience and by most reports here. Figures they'd shut it down.

When you click on a link it shows an Office365 link, so imagine they've got some complex system in place, but probably forgot to see if they had PCs, networks, real Windows and Office licenses? Oh, and training?

Edited by mtls2005

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I don't think too many people know about it, yet.

I was thinking that as well and that is why i started the topic.

It was mentioned in the OP of the topic about the new online reporting site.

No sure why Division 1 of immigration is not on the list. Perhaps they refused or are still working on their site.

It is evident that the local offices had some input on the nationwide one since there are differences for each one.

• Like 2

I wonder how long the appointments system will last , maybe

as long as when they realize it is eating into their revenue from

Agents, when people find they don't need one and can do an

appointment themselves .

regards Worgeordie

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I wonder how long the appointments system will last , maybe

as long as when they realize it is eating into their revenue from

Agents, when people find they don't need one and can do an

appointment themselves .

How many immigration offices do you think have agents to do that out of 80 some offices in the country?

Go on the site and check how many offices there are listed for the Immigration divisions listed.

I cannot imagine that being a reason for it to be shutdown.

46 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Money......the loss of it. 

I guess you missed my point about how many offices there are in the country and how many do not have agents available where the are located. I think there might be less than 10 offices out of about 80 that might have agents that could have enough clout to have the appointment system shutdown.

Be interesting to know if this will be needed at some of the quieter places, where I've just been able to walk in and be dealt with immediately.  I'll ask next time I go there.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I guess you missed my point about how many offices there are in the country and how many do not have agents available where the are located. I think there might be less than 10 offices out of about 80 that might have agents that could have enough clout to have the appointment system shutdown.

I don't want the appointments to shut down , may they last forever

and I will certainly use it (if it works) , but we have had appointment

systems before , and they closed, and the excuse given was not really

good enough, and may have not been the real reason , the 10 offices

that have agents are major immigration offices ,and I am sure they would

not want to loose any revenue. which must be a tidy sum , unless the

agents are keeping all the fees they charge ....????  Viva the appointment system

regards Worgeordie

7 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Be interesting to know if this will be needed at some of the quieter places, where I've just been able to walk in and be dealt with immediately.  I'll ask next time I go there.

I don't think it would be mandatory.

I am waiting for some people to do a post saying they had done one.

My office is normally not that busy but it would be good to be able to make a appointment.

On 12/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, harry94 said:

No

So, this system doesn't cover Bangkok, and the Bangkok immigration website (bangkokimmigration.com) where for a few weeks last year one could book an appointment is unavailable.  Is there any way to book for Chaengwattana?

15 minutes ago, OJAS said:

It strikes me that a fundamental difficulty to booking appointments at specific times for retirement or marriage extensions based on 800k or 400k, as the case may be, in the bank is that one could find oneself in the lap of the gods as to how long one has to wait in one's bank for the required account confirmation letter where the immigration office requires this to be obtained the same day as the extension of stay application, as it does in our case (Rayong).

Make a late afternoon appointment to allow time to get the bank letter.

• Like 1

QueQ worked perfectly for my marriage extension at Jomtien. Chose a time (1pm first appointment just after lunch) and date and got e mail and confirmed on appointment day and the queue nos they gave me came up on the immigration board at the due time so I went straight to the desk without any waiting. Excellent system- hope the new one is equally as good.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:49 AM, ubonjoe said:

I assume they will send a email to confirm the appointment since your email address is not optional.

I would also assume the may want to see a copy of the email as a confirmation of your appointment.

I just booked an appointment foe tomorrow at 11am at the KK office. Got a confirmation in seconds

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 9:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thanks 

Let us know how it goes.

It was a horror show. Never had an issue in 13 years till this Imm Captain rejected my income. I have monthly deposits totaling 438,000 THB deposited in BKK Bank over a 10 month period. An additional 380,000 THB deposited in SCB over 3 months.

The IMM Officer rejected it stating I must have 400,000 deposited in one over 12 moths. Of course I showed her I have 438,000 in one bank which meets the requirement, Well, she refused to accept that.

She insisted I pay 1900 THB for a 2 month Covid extension, and then I will have 12 deposits in one bank. If I do as she said, she will approve my extension in February. Now the Officer who checked my application, approved and sent it to the Captain for final approval came over and had a few words with the Captain. She suggested she call Head Office and get them to approve an exception for me. {she happens to be a friend of my wife]. Head Office said to go to both banks and get a letter stating my balance in each account.

Off I went, came back 2 hours later and all seems to be well. They said return in a month for my Visa.

As for the Appointment process. No one knew any about any such program.