Immigration Nationwide (except Bangkok) Appointments System. Has Anybody used it?

I had used to book an appointment at Lampang immigration. Got an instant confirmation mail.

Some days later clicked on the link within the mail to change the date. Failed, Failed for several days. One day before the appointment the link worked and I could reshedule - with instant new confirmation mail. My conclusion: typical local prgramming: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. (Note the failure to reshedule my appointment also occured on normal workday/worktime - several attempts)

11 hours ago, bikestorm said:

My conclusion: typical local prgramming: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Did you notice this at the bottom of the appointment page. image.png.96cbf98841b1104eeb52f08f00942383.png

Maybe the system does not allow a change until the day before.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you notice this at the bottom of the appointment page. image.png.96cbf98841b1104eeb52f08f00942383.png

Clear answer: No and I can report about this now:

My new appointment is next week on Tuesday so still several days in the future. And I just checked to try to change the date. Right now it worked again. I regard this as the clear proof, that changes generally can be done several days ahead of the appointment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I forgott to describe one more function after booking my appointment. On the day before the appointment was due I got a reminder mail from the immigration (without the link to cancel or reshedule the appointment).

I tried using this for Phuket this week. 2 clicks and and e-mail address and that was it, I got an automatic response from their system. I hadn't submitted any information beyond my name, type of business with immigration and the time I wanted to come. The morning of my appointment (Monday, having made the appointment Friday) I received an obviously automatic confirmation e-mail. At no time was there any kind of appointment slip to print out or button for me to confirm by and the whole thing was clearly automatic.

Arriving 30 minutes before the appointed time I then spent 45 minutes waiting in the same disorganized queue as everyone else only to be told in no uncertain terms that Phuket is NOT observing the online queueing system.

They even have an LED ticker-tape sign over desk number 5 for "online queueing" but no one at the desk and no way to get to it anyway.  Also that sign has been there for at least a year so I don't think this is a new situation.

Maybe this system is observed at smaller offices around the country but I can't see it ever being more than a bad joke at Phuket. There's far too much money being made there from agents paying them to jump their own (ahem) 'self-managed' queue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

I had heard that during the heights of COVID you couldn't even get into Chaeng Wattana without an online appointment. Is that a different system? If this one is so new?

Chaeng Wattana's online appointment system has been down since June and Division 1 for Bangkok is not included in the new system.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:30 AM, bikestorm said:

And I just checked to try to change the date. Right now it worked again. I regard this as the clear proof, that changes generally can be done several days ahead of the appointment.

Maybe Microsoft were throwing one of their tantrums during your previous unsuccessful attempts to change the date!????

I tried on Phuket for an extension. Monday this week I made an appointment for Tuesday. I got a confirmation email, I got a reminder reminder email. But I had to use the same que and waiting as everybody else; thus, I got the same experience as Captain Jack.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, farang51 said:

I tried on Phuket for an extension. Monday this week I made an appointment for Tuesday. I got a confirmation email, I got a reminder reminder email.

Did you try showing them you had a appointment?

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you try showing them you had a appointment?

No, I did not. There were no system set up for it; thus, it would have meant that I had to cut in front of the line to do it. I am too polite for that 555

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  There's no appointment available for any date.

I stepped through it last night and it worked. Showed openings out 30 days.

Same same this morning, I can select an activity, a date, a time slot. I did not proceed to booking.

How did it "not work" for you?

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

How did it "not work" for you?

Turned off ad blocker, selected "Retirement", then selected various dates in the next 3 weeks.  No available appointment shown for any of them.  No error messages in browser console.

6 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Turned off ad blocker, selected "Retirement", then selected various dates in the next 3 weeks.  No available appointment shown for any of them.  No error messages in browser console.

Strange, I chose the same activity. Was presented with dates out to Feb 11, many (although fewer than I expected) time slots each day.

I did not step through the booking though. I assume it would work.

Maybe something unique to your usage is preventing you from proceeding?

bkkappttrial.jpg

6 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Just worked for me.

image.png.7bc2eca7383d94c14bec4a0f689d0614.png

Used this link after selecting CW.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

On 12/23/2021 at 7:45 AM, Pouatchee said:

Rayong immi. not implementing it...

On 12/23/2021 at 10:31 AM, Eff1n2ret said:

Do you mean the system doesn't give you an appointment, or that they don't accept that you have one when you go there?

On 12/23/2021 at 12:12 PM, Pouatchee said:

Don't need to book.

IMHO that is excellent news (Rayong are also my local office). As I have alluded to upthread, how an earth can one make a meaningfully-timed online appointment for, say, a retirement extension application when there is absolutely no certainty as to how long one will need to spend beforehand staring at the floor, walls and ceiling of one's local bank branch for the requisite account confirmation letter (and possibly statement)?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hav said:

Works for me too. Glad I found this thread. Going to immigration next week.

Noticed that there are no fees shown except for Extension of Visa at Muang Thong Thani which says 2,000 THB now.

I take it from your reference to Muang Thong Thani that you will be applying for your extension at Chaengwattana where there are, I believe, branches of each of the main banks (SCB excepted) in close proximity - who, furthermore, are clued up on dispensing account confirmation letters and statements efficiently and promptly. This, unfortunately, is not the case for most provincial offices: there are no bank branches anywhere near the Rayong office, for instance, and obtaining the necessary financial documentation usually entails you having to play an annual "reinvent the wheel" game at a local branch, requiring you to explain in considerable detail each year to confused staff what the "account confirmation letter" which you need from them is all about. It seems to me that the appointment system is only likely to be of much use in practice to those who conduct their immigration-related business at Chaengwattana - and it also strikes me as highly ironical that, until very recently, this was the one office where the system could not be used!