Covid: I can’t help thinking we’re being taken for fools

rooster59

5 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I am actually glad that - not only here - some of those who are vaccinated start to doubt the whole storytelling. And it was good to mention road carnage. The chance to die of COVID was about the same as the chance to die in traffic for the past two years within Thailand. I guess no one thought about staying home to avoid traffic.

It has occured to me that the chance of dying, road incident vs. covid, is only a small part of the equation. What about the chances of severe life style impairment as a result of survival, road incident vs. covid?

Not everyone dies as a result of RTAs, most walk away unscathed, many are permanently disabled or disfigured....but we get no statistics! I suspect the latter group exceeds the deaths.

Covid, on the other hand, now that many of the elderly and morbidly unhealthy have snuffed it, appears to be mostly death or complete recovery, with only a relatively small number of lingering "long covid" sequelae. 

So, which is statistically more significant? Lives devastated by RTA, or by covid. Include in the figure family members seriously impacted by the effect upon the victim.

My opinion, for what little it is worth:- In the end we will all catch covid, and either survive it or die. I am double vaxxed, only because I need the bit of paper to travel. All else is fate, but there are fortunes to made on the back of the virus......and guess who are the usual suspects!

We are all tired of this COVID pandemic, for sure.  

I am glad to have had my 2 shots and am waiting for the booster as well.

I realize that I can still get COVID, and hopefully survive it as I should not be as sick as

the 75 percent or more people who are in hospitals and ICU who are not vaccinated.

meanwhile in Canada, it is impossible to get any other kind of operation because the ICU

beds are all tied up by these unvaccinated jerks, who refused to get a vaccination.

Big Pharma has us all by the b*lls, and that is getting expensive. Do not forget that

governments do not have money, it comes from businesses and the people of the country

who pay taxes.  Rooster thanks for the chuckles and another update of the weekly news.

I hope that when I head for Thailand in December of 2022, some of the restrictions

and new regulations will all be gone. Today I am looking outside and see 10 cm s.  of snow on the

ground, and the temperature below 0C, so wish I were in Thailand, but do not want to jump

through all the present hoops to get there. Glad that you did not trust Pakistan for their

referee job of the scrabble tournament.  How many terrorist groups are they supporting

this year, anyway?  Is that a racist thought? sorry in advance.

Chok Dee, Good Luck, Christmas is only 13 days away.

• Sad 2

meanwhile news out of SA is looking very good for people, Little O is causing mild symptoms and they hope might end up being a vaccine in itself as people get over it in a few days and develop immunity just have a look at Dr Campbells daily updates on you tube for  the latest data coming out of SA daily. 

Interesting was the interview with a Dr from Israel who said even 3rd jabbers were catching covid 

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 4:23 AM, rooster59 said:

Had two jabs in my arms when I hadn’t had any vaccines since I was a kid. 

Then you're overdue for a tetanus shot.

If you were educated, you would already know that. 

Maybe you are the audience the British politician was referring to? ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Then you're overdue for a tetanus shot.

If you were educated, you would already know that. 

Maybe you are the audience the British politician was referring to? ????

I've never had any 'tet' and especially not in the place you're suggesting. 

Hang In There Rooster !!! ... My People up country ... Well just a bit Up country, physically, …  have parties now, and do not even seem to be wearing masks anymore !!! ??? ... (Though do not quote me on that one ??? –Right !!! ) ... but all are now looking very VERY Happy !!! … Like the War, is Really over !!! ???

I think that things ARE improving just from the point that the Governments now know !!! that just closing the borders is NOT going to work !!! … And just make things Worse !!! ... Like even the thick as two short Planks, Dodge ex-convict, Bogan Australian political, so called Elite ? (Ex-used car salesmen who found a more lucrative scam !!! ??? ) are starting to realized that now. ...

So the general awakening that we basically are going to have to live with this ?  ... … is a very good feeling, that I think is now just starting to settle in !!! … So well there ARE blue skies ahead I think. ... 

And the Virus itself is playing ball also I think, ... like the potential of a new Variation of it that is Much More infectious, … but a lot less Deadly !!! ...This is actually very good !!! … Like we now should just let it rip, …  and have the less deadly strain take over the whole world !!! … And then we ALL will be a LOT better off. !!! 

… Like logically if you were a Virus ... that likes living, and transmitting between humans, … you would NOT really be a very intelligent one of you just killed you Host, the Human beings as fast as possible !!! ... Like the silly ? Ebola Virus ... which is easy to control as it kills it's host before they can spread it very far !!!

Unlike clever HIV Aids, which is a much more smart Virus, as it lets it's host live on for years, …. and go on to infect millions more people with it's babies !!! ??? ... Right ....

… So well also genetically and by Natural selection ... a very infectious Virus, that does NOT kill it's host !!! … Should be the Strain that becomes Universal ? ... Under natural selection also !!! … Right ???

So well the new strain, … if it IS more Infectious but les Deadly !!! Well Hoorahhh !!! this would be the best news we have actually got in nearly 2 years now I think !!!

(Like … Thanks Rooster !!! as Always …. Mark mark ... Mm ... Motor Mouth !!! ... or key board Mm now !!! .... Might even be able to get back Home, to the land of Smiles again soon also !!!) ... With a good supply of Masks also, …  and well triple jabbed as well !!! ... )

17 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Hang In There Rooster !!! ... My People up country ... Well just a bit Up country, physically, …  have parties now, and do not even seem to be wearing masks anymore !!! ??? ... (Though do not quote me on that one ??? –Right !!! ) ... but all are now looking very VERY Happy !!! … Like the War, is Really over !!! ???

I think that things ARE improving just from the point that the Governments now know !!! that just closing the borders is NOT going to work !!! … And just make things Worse !!! ... Like even the thick as two short Planks, Dodge ex-convict, Bogan Australian political, so called Elite ? (Ex-used car salesmen who found a more lucrative scam !!! ??? ) are starting to realized that now. ...

So the general awakening that we basically are going to have to live with this ?  ... (China Virus ??? <Deleted>) … is a very good feeling, that I think is now just starting to settle in !!! … So well there ARE blue skies ahead I think. ... 

And the Virus itself is playing ball also I think, ... like the potential of a new Variation of it that is Much More infectious, … but a lot less Deadly !!! ...This is actually very good !!! … Like we now should just let it rip, …  and have the less deadly strain take over the whole world !!! … And then we ALL will be a LOT better off. !!! 

… Like logically if you were a Virus ... that likes living, and transmitting between humans, … you would NOT really be a very intelligent one of you just killed you Host, the Human beings as fast as possible !!! ... Like the silly ? Ebola Virus ... which is easy to control as it kills it's host before they can spread it very far !!!

Unlike clever HIV Aids, which is a much more smart Virus, as it lets it's host live on for years, …. and go on to infect millions more people with it's babies !!! ??? ... Right ....

… So well also genetically and by Natural selection ... a very infectious Virus, that does NOT kill it's host !!! … Should be the Strain that becomes Universal ? ... Under natural selection also !!! … Right ???

So well the new strain, … if it IS more Infectious but les Deadly !!! Well Hoorahhh !!! this would be the best news we have actually got in nearly 2 years now I think !!!

(Like … Thanks Rooster !!! as Always …. Mark mark ... Mm ... Motor Mouth !!! ... or key board Mm now !!! .... Might even be able to get back Home, to the land of Smiles again soon also !!!) ... With a good supply of Masks also, …  and well triple jabbed as well !!! ... )

Only one hole in your theory mate. The more people that have a virus, the more chance it has of mutating again. The mutation is not the virus being smart In fact, according to real virologists its nothing but a mistake during the replicating process. In saying that, you have to wonder why HIV or other viruses dont mutate? Hopefully the T.V armchair virologists will enlighten us all?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Only one hole in your theory mate. The more people that have a virus, the more chance it has of mutating again. The mutation is not the virus being smart In fact, according to real virologists its nothing but a mistake during the replicating process. In saying that, you have to wonder why HIV or other viruses dont mutate? Hopefully the T.V armchair virologists will enlighten us all?

What about natural selection ? Like the variants, that let their hosts Live, and do not kill them, ... So it will have more chance of Reproducing, ...  and then Infecting more People ! ? So it will become the dominant strain ! ? .... Where as the ones that Kill their hosts, will not ??? ... Just in Interest ??? ... Like I did hear that the Flu Virus started off VERY bad, but has just Mutated down to it's present less deadly State ??? (Like really only a threat to Old people whose Bodies are just about at the end any way ???) ...  ...  Like if CV 19 does this that WOULD be very Good ?  (Not kill Old people but Mutate down in to a lot less deadly Disease ???? I would hope !!! ??? .... And also a better way of looking at it all also ???? ... JFTQI ??? .. Like cultivate the less deadly Strains, ... and then open our societies all back up !!! 

18 hours ago, roquefort said:

The trouble with this one is that you can't. Not if you want to keep your job, travel, go to normal places and do normal things. In other words, live normally. They've got you by the short and curlies.

Exactly the same applies if you refuse to accept any legal requirement.

The failing here is allowing people to believe it is an option, they used to think that about schools.

On 12/11/2021 at 10:58 PM, talahtnut said:

The vaccine prepare your immune system from being infected and serious ill, and there is no guarantee of how effective it will be for you, but by time we will also get more antibodies for covid and stronger immune system against covid for each jab. In most cases, vaccine prevent you from getting severe illness. 

If we did not vaccinated people, or made any restrictions and rules, we would had a different scenario by now, but still a few years to go before we had enough people with good enough immune system to prevent most from severe illness. 

Spanish flue lasted about 5 years. The first severe outbreak 18 months, and after that a few more serious outbreaks, and that's the scenario we might would have with covid as well without vaccination. 

You can choose to think what you want, that is your right, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, deleted

Why the 1918 Flu Pandemic Never Really Ended

https://www.history.com/news/1918-flu-pandemic-never-ended

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Spanish flue lasted about 5 years. The first severe outbreak 18 months, and after that a few more serious outbreaks, and that's the scenario we might would have with covid as well without vaccination. 

I'm not so sure about that. The spread of the virus is ongoing even in vaccinated people. If a wider spread leads to more mutations and those mutations become more infectious, as is the case here, they will also become less deadly. Thus any means which have slowed down this process, like lock-downs, would have been counterproductive. The vaccines might have saved some lives - which we will know in a few years considering all long-term effects - but done nothing to speed up mutation to friendlier versions.

1 minute ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I'm not so sure about that. The spread of the virus is ongoing even in vaccinated people. If a wider spread leads to more mutations and those mutations become more infectious, as is the case here, they will also become less deadly. Thus any means which have slowed down this process, like lock-downs, would have been counterproductive. The vaccines might have saved some lives - which we will know in a few years considering all long-term effects - but done nothing to speed up mutation to friendlier versions.

Antigenic drift (mutations / evolution of the virus) can take any form, so far there have been hundreds if not thousands of mutations of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

There is no control over how or where antigenic drift takes place and when it does the result could be a more severe, a less severe or strain of equivalent severity. 

The greater the spread of SARS-CoV-2 the greater the probability of antigenic drift into a strain of greater severity - i.e. a variant of concern.

Antigenic drift into a ‘friendlier’ variant (as you put it) does not ‘displace’ the potential for drift into a more dangerous variant, quite the opposite in fact - the more prevalent any variant, the greater the potential for antigenic drift and the ‘virus lottery’ to strike with a more serious variant as it has in areas with greater density of  outbreak. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The greater the spread of SARS-CoV-2 the greater the probability of antigenic drift into a strain of greater severity - i.e. a variant of concern.

I think that is wrong. I listened to a couple of experts, and what would be "of concern" to you seems to be a deadly version like Ebola ... which then stops spreading much and is easier to contain. You just can't have both. Either it spreads fast and is less deadly or it is deadlier and isn't spreading much, kind of self-limiting. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lizzy Duang said:

The vaccines might have saved some lives - which we will know in a few years considering all long-term effects - but done nothing to speed up mutation to friendlier versions.

The vaccine have saved many lifes already, No doubt about if you speak to those who is on the stage first hand, dealing with this every day, working overtime months after months. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Antigenic drift (mutations / evolution of the virus) can take any form, so far there have been hundreds if not thousands of mutations of the SARS-CoV-2 virus

Is that another reason to why it will never be eliminated? 

Also, this in a nutshell;

"it's an RNA virus, they mutate constantly. There's a reason we've never had a vaccine for things like colds (which is essentially what covid is) or even HIV for that matter. RNA is incredibly fragile and lacks the proof-reading ability of DNA. That's why vaccines against viruses like smallpox, measles, and polio (DNA viruses) are largely successful and any attempts at a vaccine for many other viruses are not. The flu (influenza) is also an RNA virus and most of the time the shot isn't even effective; the fragility of RNA genomes and their tendency to acquire mutations is why"

As to the OP's conclusion.....only time will tell if the global community has been played like a hurdy-grudy by Big-Pharma.

Edited by LetsGoJoe

2 minutes ago, LetsGoJoe said:

Is that another reason to why it will never be eliminated? 

Also, this is in a nutshell;

"it's an RNA virus, they mutate constantly. There's a reason we've never had a vaccine for things like colds (which is essentially what covid is) or even HIV for that matter. RNA is incredibly fragile and lacks the proof-reading ability of DNA. That's why vaccines against viruses like smallpox, measles, and polio (DNA viruses) are largely successful and any attempts at a vaccine for many other viruses are not. The flu (influenza) is also an RNA virus and most of the time the shot isn't even effective; the fragility of RNA genomes and their tendency to acquire mutations is why"

As to the OP's conclusion.....only time will tell if the global community has been played like a hurdy-grudy by Big-Pharma.

Do you get rapid severe respiratory problems and severe infections of cold and the flu? Most people do not compare to Covid19

read more here

"Both COVID-19 and the common cold are caused by viruses. COVID-19 is caused by SARS-CoV-2, while the common cold is most often caused by rhinoviruses. These viruses spread in similar ways and cause many of the same signs and symptoms. However, there are a few differences"

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/covid-19-cold-flu-and-allergies-differences/art-20503981

This thread is a refreshing read.  'Free thinker' coming out of the closet, away from most of the mob rule.

OP ... Thanks for starting.

Love the MSM's new spin of vaccine side effects being blamed on the cold weather ... classic.

68 years old, and usually told it's 'cold & flu season' this time of year, now it's 'blood clot & heart attack season' ... ???????????? 

How did they get it so wrong for so many prior decades.

Edited by onthedarkside
image file with no weblink to original source removed
  • Like 2