Thailand Pass - Its even worse than the COE system.

It certainly seems to be inconsistently processed, and it really shouldn't be, but mine was approved instantly which took me by surprise. 

Someone did email me to clarify one detail and that was also instant so there is an email in there somewhere that can be used.

I suppose we're all at the start of the way we will all travel from now on so only hope it all gets streamlined and improved over time

Did your Covid Vax certificate have a QR code, or just a typed page.. QR codes seem to be processed immediately, Plain page takes 3 to 7 days I believe.. Also were you using a hotmail address?? It seems that Hotmail isnt accepted but gmail is good to go..

Call the closest thai embassy. They can issue an immediate pass.

Mine took 10 days. I called them on day 7. No answer on any of the listed numbers. Finally had a Thai business friend assign it to his secretary. She kept calling until they finally answered. They said if no pass by day 10 call back and they would issue emergency pass. I got it on day 10 2 days before my flight.

Start making phone calls!

32 minutes ago, superal said:

It is not a problem for computer literate ppl when applying for the T/P but for some of the older generation it can be puzzling . Also the fact that you have to pay up front for your flight & insurance , does make you concerned , hoping there will not be a problem or delay with your application which could lead to a lost flight . So I suppose flexible flights are the answer ?  I had reason to call the Thai embassy in London yesterday . After listening to all the recorded messages about the opening times etc  I was told that I was in position number 40 . I hung up . Earlier this year I had a similar experience and so I tried emailing them but what I got back was a pre written standard reply which was irrelevant to my enquiry .

Good old customer service seems all but gone and has been replaced by faceless robots , not just talking about the embassy but across the board in most consumer services .

IT illiteracy is not age related!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Nip said:

Thought I'd never say it but I uploaded everything using Jpeg took 10 minutes. 3 minutes got my registration number, 5 minutes later I got my QR code. I think if you have everything sorted ie ready in Jpeg to upload then it's an excellent system. My son had his done and dusted in 20 minutes. 

Not my experience.  Had all docs required including covid certification with QR code.  Still waiting for approval 6 days later.  I get it, some people are approved immediately.... but many end up with a headache.

14 minutes ago, Brock said:

Did your Covid Vax certificate have a QR code, or just a typed page.. QR codes seem to be processed immediately, Plain page takes 3 to 7 days I believe.. Also were you using a hotmail address?? It seems that Hotmail isnt accepted but gmail is good to go..

I use Yahoo Mail.  Is there a chance that my brand of email address is the problem?

13 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Call the closest thai embassy. They can issue an immediate pass.

Mine took 10 days. I called them on day 7. No answer on any of the listed numbers. Finally had a Thai business friend assign it to his secretary. She kept calling until they finally answered. They said if no pass by day 10 call back and they would issue emergency pass. I got it on day 10 2 days before my flight.

Start making phone calls!

My local Embassy doesn't respond to emails, doesn't answer the phone, and their voice mail is full.  It's all starting to give me a twisted chuckle. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, jojothai said:

What you say is not that easy or simple.

I have just done it recently and people need to understand that it takes time and effort.

You cannot do it all the first time, as you have to figure out what is required and how.

Allow 30 minutes to go through it first to figure out.

Then compile the docs that may take more time time than what you prepared.

Then allow up to an hour to get it completed.

You cannot save partially.

What insurance company sends you documents in jpg.? and also gets it changed with so little effort?

My insurance policy is a proper full insurance with 5 pages.

Not some one page thai policy worth next to nothing. 

My global insurance company are not going to change it to one page so i trust it will not get rejected.

The SHA plus+ hotels are not all on the list you can choose, even though they are listed on the link.

It took half a day to communicate from abroad to figure out what to do. I was lucky it did not take a lot longer.

It says you have to use a photo of passport. Ie not scanned.

Its a lot of effort getting a photo of passport without reflections.

It does not ask for visa or return flight ticket.

No consideration of people who have gone out for a week or two and are returning. If you state "returning to thailand" there is no section to clarify.

Its not been put together well.

Been used enough by now for them to have done something to improve it. Sadly TIT.

You can scan a document and save it in JPG format thus eliminating reflection

• Like 1

I used yahoo mail and got confirmation that my application had been received. I did an extra application via my work mail on day 5 out of desperation, but I think Yahoo email is ok.

It was also impossible for me to get any feedback from embassy by phone, so I drove 4 hours just to learn that they prefer communication by FB messenger and that they focus on people with less than 48 hours to their flight.

Try to find the local Thai embassy on FB and message them asap.

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly I need to follow these threads more. I was not aware that you could organize your return leg back to Thailand that early while still here in Thailand.

I was always concerned about the return. To have it all organized prior to leaving Thailand would be huge relief. 

I was following another thread on another forum that had folks doing it upwards of 90 days prior from their return and were still in Thailand.  The app does not ask anywhere on it from where your paying. Just your home address of whi has I still have an address in the US  but live here full time. Remember prior to covid many of us were going back and forth in ME OA visas.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jojothai said:

What you say is not that easy or simple.

I have just done it recently and people need to understand that it takes time and effort.

You cannot do it all the first time, as you have to figure out what is required and how.

Allow 30 minutes to go through it first to figure out.

Then compile the docs that may take more time time than what you prepared.

Then allow up to an hour to get it completed.

You cannot save partially.

What insurance company sends you documents in jpg.? and also gets it changed with so little effort?

My insurance policy is a proper full insurance with 5 pages.

Not some one page thai policy worth next to nothing. 

My global insurance company are not going to change it to one page so i trust it will not get rejected.

The SHA plus+ hotels are not all on the list you can choose, even though they are listed on the link.

It took half a day to communicate from abroad to figure out what to do. I was lucky it did not take a lot longer.

It says you have to use a photo of passport. Ie not scanned.

Its a lot of effort getting a photo of passport without reflections.

It does not ask for visa or return flight ticket.

No consideration of people who have gone out for a week or two and are returning. If you state "returning to thailand" there is no section to clarify.

Its not been put together well.

Been used enough by now for them to have done something to improve it. Sadly TIT.

Follow the threads  it gives acounts of others. Follow what they said they did, and prepare ahead of time and there is little problem.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

on day 5, just 2 days before departure, I have send them mail. No reply.

And started calling the first numer which begins "02" - bangkok landline. The other numbers are mobiles.

The first call lasted 1h and i have dropped it.

The second phone call 1h 10 minutes and was answered. Cod arrived in several h after.

Cost me some euroes for phone calls and over 2h of my life. Nerves.

On fb they can be contacted through foreign ministry page.

all shambles, as almost everything in thailand related to officialdom. 

Uneducated, lazy, probably poor paid. Don't care about the world around them.

That's the 3rd world level of service.

Don't be surprised if they change hotel rules.

My hotel promised private transport, no sharing with the other guests. When booked they said they are changing now their policy and I have to pay another 500b.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1