Thailand Pass - Its even worse than the COE system.

33 minutes ago, tuktuktuk said:

I had that problem too, but was able to print to .pdf to get an unprotected version.

On 12/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Nope...  it's just dumb luck.

People have commented how the applied and received no response, then applied again with exactly the same documentation and received instant approval. 

When I applied my JPEGS were crystal clear, QR codes perfectly cropped, no typos...   Yet nothing for days (for my Wife and I)

I then applied via the ‘AQ’ option and received instant approval (as a backup).

It actually took 5 days to get ‘Quarantine Exempt’ approval.

There is no pattern or method for instant approval - its just timing and luck.

Me same same . All day trying to send correct file format . Finally achieved but rejected twice , saying please resend hotel booking again . Now I am panicking cos have to fly in 2 days so I went to the affiliated business name A.Q. , sent exactly the same files to them and all approved in 4 hours , I wonder why ?

2 minutes ago, superal said:

Me same same . All day trying to send correct file format . Finally achieved but rejected twice , saying please resend hotel booking again . Now I am panicking cos have to fly in 2 days so I went to the affiliated business name A.Q. , sent exactly the same files to them and all approved in 4 hours , I wonder why ?

Maybe I'm wrong and actually printed to .jpg.  Not sure now.  I did have trouble printing from my MacBook.  Finally dusted off the old Windows PC (it's probably still updating a month later).  My experience with the whole Thailand Pass thing was surprisingly streamlined.  When I submitted it I got an email instantly saying it had been submitted.  Six minutes later I received the approval and QR code. 

The eVisa had not been so easy.  That took three weeks.  Normally I send it off express mail to the D.C. Embassy with my passport and a self addressed express mail return envelope enclosed.  I usually get it in a week or even less.  This time I was starting to get nervous and sent an email inquiry.  The approval bounced back two and a half hours later (at night). I suppose all of this was being done in Bangkok rather than in the US.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tuktuktuk said:

Maybe I'm wrong and actually printed to .jpg.  Not sure now.  I did have trouble printing from my MacBook.  Finally dusted off the old Windows PC (it's probably still updating a month later).  My experience with the whole Thailand Pass thing was surprisingly streamlined.  When I submitted it I got an email instantly saying it had been submitted.  Six minutes later I received the approval and QR code. 

The eVisa had not been so easy.  That took three weeks.  Normally I send it off express mail to the D.C. Embassy with my passport and a self addressed express mail return envelope enclosed.  I usually get it in a week or even less.  This time I was starting to get nervous and sent an email inquiry.  The approval bounced back two and a half hours later (at night). I suppose all of this was being done in Bangkok rather than in the US.

But lets get things in perspective . Who are the people coming to Thailand right now ? Cannot be tourists or if so very few and persistent but if returning as a person with an existing visa , there should / could be a simpler system . E.G. Me returning on a re-entry visa , why should I have to go through all the rigmoraal of re- qualifying to enter Thailand when I have all of the requirements ?  Covid testing understood as the exception but the re-entry visa should give some sort of excemption to the Thai Pass cert ?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, superal said:

Covid testing understood as the exception but the re-entry visa should give some sort of excemption to the Thai Pass cert ?

Why? 

Are you a Thai citizen? Most likely not.

Your in Thailand on TEMPORARY permission of stay.

Accept that and it's your first step to living in Thailand.

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why? 

Are you a Thai citizen? Most likely not.

Your in Thailand on TEMPORARY permission of stay.

Accept that and it's your first step to living in Thailand.

Even Thai citizens are required to have a Thailand Pass to enter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, katatonic said:

None of my documents, which all started off as PDF, were accepted by the system after changing to either JPG or JPEG. None of them could be opened on my MacBook either. It seems they are all protected from alteration in any way as they are official documents. I'm presuming they all have to be printed then scanned in JPEG/JPG first. I ended up taking photos of my computer screen and sending them to myself as I didn't have access to a printer at the time. Hopefully this will be accepted. I will of course print them all out before I fly.

In Mac, open the documents in Preview then ise "save as" to save them in other format.

Might also need to use Preview to open the new format docs on Mac

59 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Even Thai citizens are required to have a Thailand Pass to enter.

Yes but 2 wrongs do not make a right . All unecessary red tape . All that is needed is status of your vaccination which will determine your requirements of entry , because easier for a fully jabbed person who only has to book a day 2 arrival test and is free to go if a negative result , proof of a pcr test prior to flying and a passenger locator form , as is the format with the UK entry system . 

All the uploading of various documents for Thai nationals or visa compliant ex-pats is not needed as they are known to the Thai immigration authorities already .

So,  vacc certs

proof of pre flight pcr test results

day 2 booking of pcr test

locator form ,   all of theses to be shown at checkin in the airport , no need to upload to others where there can be delays or mistakes made . BTW all the afore mentioned documents have to be shown at checkin already as I am sure you know . Thailand has lost visitors because of the red tape and will continue to do so . We have to get used to living with the covid virus which seems to be weakening and with more new medicines coming to the task , things can and will improve 

6 hours ago, bear9 said:

Is there any third parties who will do the thai pass Application for me? Please pm me if you know of any reliable company who will do this

Our direct request form is here:

https://TP.in.th

You can also reach our AQ.in.th team for support regarding this topic via @LINE.

We have hundreds of reviews on facebook HERE for our Thailand Pass service.

• Like 1