Pattaya Booster shots with a refere to Foreigners. how, where when?

The Hammer2021

5 hours ago, mauroest said:

for people with 2 Pfizer >6 months old ?  can they get the booster Pfizer ?

Sounds like we are in the same boat.  The Banglamung Hosp announcement is internally contradictory on the subject.  It says:   "***Note that those who have received the Pfizer vaccine are the 2nd injection. If you are not 6 months old, you don't need to get the stimulus or booster 3 because you have enough immunity."  That implies (accounting for translation difficulties)  that Pfizer two doses after 6 months gets a booster.   But, the announcement lists 8 or so vaccine combinations and when a recipient is eligible for a booster.  None of those combination is Pfizer 2X over 6 months .    That's what BM Pixelaoffy and I were told separately at the Royal Garden Plaza site last week.   "Thai Government says first 2 vaccine Pfizer, cannot have have number 3."

Pfizer 2x over 6 months.  If anyone knows specifically where I can get a booster, there are now 3 BMs who would appreciate it.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tom F said:

"Thai Government says first 2 vaccine Pfizer, cannot have have number 3."

....and 1 Milion of Moderna just arrived but I do not see around.   BPH open the booking but jab will starts in March

Someone was turned away at the stadium not because he had Pfizer second shot, but because the second shot was less then 6 months old.

Banglamung Hospital does not manage the operation at Royal Garden.

If you are travelling from afar, call Banglamung to confirm before going, and confirm your eligibility as soon as you got to the site. Waiting in line 5 hours to be turn away is your own making.

I went to the stadium on Christmas day to take advantage of the shorter line. First thing I did was I asked the front desk ( where they give out queue numbers) could I get my 3rd shot and was turned away. I was 4 days short of 3 months after my second AZ jab. I went back on the 29th.

Edited by Thailand J

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So if a person walks in Royal Garden  this.Monday will there be anything happening with boosters at all?

I went the other day and went to one desk where they asked me some questions and then directed me to a lineup and then a security guard came up and threw me, the only foreigner, out of the line, saying closed but the Thais who walked up at the same time as me were not told anything. I went back to the desk and told them this and they were all very nice and registered me anyway themselves and a bunch wanted pictures with me for some reason. Today I got a call saying I can go in next week to get my booster shot. She spoke almost no English at all so if I couldn't speak Thai, I might have been SOL, so keep that in mind if you go through the same process.

• Thanks 1

today at Wat Chittaphawan GPS 12.99638, 100.92316 by Banglamung Hospital

My wife had 3rd Pfizer booster after 2xPfizer in Europe 7 months old.  No problem

STEPS
arrive early and sit at the first tent on the right. A man in uniform gives papers with numBers. At 8 am she had nr. 1600
wait...wait...wait..about 300 persons every hour enter.
They call your number and group of 30-40 persons go to desk * registration . Show passport and your past vaccinations.
Farang with passport no computer registration so far;
Clerk confirmed Pfizer booster and give you yellow thai paper to fill with basic info. Near are tables and staff to help you
Sit and wait again your number;
Enter in the vaccination area, there are five rows;
Registration by computer and check your name;
Vaccination;
Exit,sit  and wait  you fell well;
At the back of the three desks *  there is a clerk. Give him your passport and take a blue number. After 15 minutes, pay 100 Baht take back your passport and blue paper with your ID for MorProm and other important info.

Finished at 2 pm

All well organized, lot of seats  and shadow

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, mauroest said:

After 15 minutes, pay 100 Baht take back your passport and blue paper with your ID for MorProm and other important info.

They had to add a fee to it!  When Banglamung jabbed me at the indoor stadium there was no fee.

Tried at Wat Yan in Ban Amphur today.  Insane.  People are lining up at 3am and coming from all over Thailand.  Vans with license plates from many different provinces were there, filled with people.

We called and were told to show up at 9am.  Right.  Fully booked up.  Told to go tomorrow and get there early!  We'll pass....trying Royal Garden tomorrow.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Tried at Wat Yan in Ban Amphur today.  Insane.  People are lining up at 3am and coming from all over Thailand.  Vans with license plates from many different provinces were there, filled with people.

We called and were told to show up at 9am.  Right.  Fully booked up.  Told to go tomorrow and get there early!  We'll pass....trying Royal Garden tomorrow.

Unfortunately  there is a parallel thread with useful information too. There is a vaccination  centre on Sukhumvit at a monastry

Check the other thread too

IMG-20220113-WA0001.jpg

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Unfortunately  there is a parcel thread with useful information too. There is a vaccination  centre on Sukhumvit at a monastry

Check the other thread too

Royal Garden said we need to visit there first and register.  Then they'll call with a time for us to come in for the jab.  Seems very civilized to me!  We're going there tomorrow to see how it works.

Thanks Hammer!

P.S. I think you know my friend Thomas from Denmark?

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Royal Garden said we need to visit there first and register.  Then they'll call with a time for us to come in for the jab.  Seems very civilized to me!  We're going there tomorrow to see how it works.

Thanks Hammer!

There  is a submission about the Royal  Garden on another thread. Some people object to queuing to get an appointment so be prepared. Please keep me informed about how you  get on. Did you try the Monastry  on Sukhumvit  since Banglamung  moved their operation  there?

The only Dane I know was the one armed hells angel who did  security at christiana in the early 90s

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Thanks Hammer!

Where exactly did you call to hear that?

Another member said when they call with a time they can only say in Thai.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Where exactly did you call to hear that?

Another member said when they call with a time they can only say in Thai.

That was me. Yes, I had to go in to register first and then was called by someone a few days later who didn't seem to be able to speak English and asked me if I can speak Thai which luckily I could and they then explained when I can go in for the booster.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

That was me. Yes, I had to go in to register first and then was called by someone a few days later who didn't seem to be able to speak English and asked me if I can speak Thai which luckily I could and they then explained when I can go in for the booster.

Maybe they could send a text? (Easy to translate.)

24 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Well done

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe they could send a text? (Easy to translate.)

I wish they would. That's how PhayaThai-2 did it for my first two vaccine shots. I have nothing to prove I'm even registered when I show up on the date that they told me. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm told to <deleted> off again by some security guy who threw me (the only foreigner) out of the register line when I show up. I don't even care that much about getting a booster or not but just trying to do my part to protect others if it has a higher chance of stopping me from getting it and spreading it.

43 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I think currently  it seems a bit difficult  to predict and the only way  is to go along, expect  to queue, be patient and hope for the best.

Better yet don't expose yourself to infection risk until actually eligible.

• Like 2

Couldn't make it yesterday, so going on Monday.  I called the number on the PCEC flyer and no luck.  My wife called the mall and they gave her the info. 

I'll post an update Monday afternoon.

As for dates, we're at 6 months just now.  Tried calling several hospitals and did some online registrations with no luck as they were sticking to the 6 month window.

The nurse at the Wat Yan hospital told us don't worry about getting the vaccine right now.  Just stay home until  you get your booster.  Right....LOL

Hammer: Thomas is into wind turbines.  Sets them up all over Asia.  Said he knows the skipper of the ferry that just started up.  Thought that might be you.  Sorry!!

Got my Pfizer booster today at Royal Garden. Arrived at 10AM like I was told to and there was a huge crowd of people and it was roped off. I thought maybe these were people who hadn't registered yet so I tried to go in when they opened it but me and a few other foreigners were moved to the side while all the Thais went in first. After all the Thais were let in and there was nobody left, I tried to go in and he said come back at 11AM, I said I was told on the phone to come at 10 and then he said oh you have appointment and reluctantly let me in. Then once I got up to the 2nd floor, I was directed to the wrong line and wasted 30 mins or so there before I found a nice Thai lady who could speak english and she said she thinks I'm in the wrong line after I told her I already registered.

Got in the right line finally and after dealing with many people who didn't seem too happy about me getting the booster, finally did get it, at least I'm hoping it's what they gave me. I was expecting all this so never once made a fuss, jus went with the flow. I was expecting to be there all day but I was out after a few hours and it's already updated in my MorProm app as 3rd shot Pfizer.

Ugh.  Went there today.  2pm.  No luck at all for a booster.  Spoke with officials at the head of both lines, and a few who were standing around also.  Only giving Pfizer boosters to those who've had AZ or Sinopharm.  No first jabs either unless elderly.

One lady, who seemed to be the most knowledgeable, said the government hasn't authorized it yet for those with 2 Pfizer doses.  Though we did get different answers from each person we spoke with.

We were told to go to Banglamung Hospital to register, as our first jabs were overseas.  We'll try that next week and see how it goes.  Luckily, no hurry.  But would like to get it over with.

7 hours ago, mauroest said:

about Royal Garden (managed by Pattaya city hospital) and Banglamung hospital  read my previous posts

I did, but also read some here had gotten their Pfizer booster at Royal Garden.  One lady said the government hadn't authorized the boosters yet for those who'd already had 2 Pfizer jabs.  Unless elderly, in school, or has health issues.

At the other wat, they said "No problem!". But I just didn't want to get there at 6am and wait 5 hours.  LOL

We've got a set appointment at the Thai PBS building for next week.  Sure, a 2 hour drive, but no waiting and a guaranteed jab.  Hopefully!!!! LOL

• Like 1