Immigration offices NOT doing 14-day "under consideration" stamp for covid extension

As I understand it, some immigration offices (for example, Chiang Mai I believe) give a 14-day "under consideration" stamp when applying for a covid extension. Only when you go back a couple of weeks later will you get the full page sticker.

So which immigration offices just give the sticker straight away?

Running very low on blank passport pages. Note: I arrived on visa exemption and already have my one month extension.

4 minutes ago, marcardar said:

So which immigration offices just give the sticker straight away?

Good question. 

It seemed that not long ago some offices were not doing the under consideration stamp and more recently seems back in vogue.

Please report back your experience. 

More simple to apply where you are and cop whatever they give you. 

3 minutes ago, marcardar said:

For sure I know about renewing my passport, but the point is I cannot be sure if I will receive the new one in time. Therefore, I would like to have a backup solution of how to extend without needing two blank pages.

Might be worth a shot to explain to them that you are worried about running out of pages and hope you'll find an understanding officer who will skip the under consideration part?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, marcardar said:

For sure I know about renewing my passport, but the point is I cannot be sure if I will receive the new one in time. Therefore, I would like to have a backup solution of how to extend without needing two blank pages.

You don't need two blank pages. One blank page is sufficient for both the "under consideration" and the extension stamp (it is not a "full page sticker" as per your OP).

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Caldera said:

You don't need two blank pages. One blank page is sufficient for both the "under consideration" and the extension stamp (it is not a "full page sticker" as per your OP).

Oh that's interesting. I heard the "under consideration" stamp is a bit larger than half a page, but if the sticker fits on the same page then that's much better.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:36 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Might be worth a shot to explain to them that you are worried about running out of pages and hope you'll find an understanding officer who will skip the under consideration part?

He must literally have only 1 page left if he worried about room in his passport, the time to worry was months ago

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

more 90 day hassle why don't the thai government have a brainwave if possible !  and scrap the 90 report ??????

I would be very concerned if that occured.

Next minute they would stop the requirement of hand drawn map. 

Would make me consider Vietnam. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, sateuk said:

He must literally have only 1 page left if he worried about room in his passport, the time to worry was months ago

False, I have two pages left. There are other reasons why I would prefer to delay renewing my passport if possible.