When Can I Get Back In?

Hello All, I spent the first 4 months of this year (2 lots of 2 month trips on a tourist stamp with a 30 day extension visa run on each trip - went back to UK briefly in march) My time in thailand was Jan 2 - march 9 and march 15 - May 2. My question is: Can I go back at the end of this month?

On the Laos border I noticed that your only allowed 90 days in thailand out of any 6 months and thought I was gonna get stuck in laos but the thai girl i was with said she could sort it no problem (I'd already been in thailand for around 90 days and was after another 30 day extention. She sorted it no problem.

So it appears there is no centralised database because had no problem leaving at the airport either. Can I fly out at the end of this month from the UK for a few weeks I wonder...?

cheers

You can certainly come back now,You wouldnt have any problem getting out at the airport because you done nothing wrong.on your 1st trip you stayed 67 days,2 months of that where on a visa.and your second 48 days,why dont you just get a non immigrant O visa before you come again then you can stay 15 months or up to,and you then have to do a visa run to cambodia or somewhere every 90 days.That way you can be surer its no problem if you want to stay longer.

If you are on a visa and NOT a visa exempt entry then you do not need to count those days. The way things are working now I would reccomend having a visa particularly with regards to the onward flight issues!

Contact Hull or some other Thai Consulate or Embassy in the UK (I assume that is where you are) and see if you qualify for a non-immigrant visa from them ... then ask how long they take. Some places had virtually while you wait service.

If you don't qualify there are always Tourist Visas

Contact Hull or some other Thai Consulate or Embassy in the UK (I assume that is where you are) and see if you qualify for a non-immigrant visa from them ... then ask how long they take. Some places had virtually while you wait service.

If you don't qualify there are always Tourist Visas

If you apply by post and pay by credit/debit card then Hull will return everything within 48 hours.I have never been less than impressed by the service those guys provide.

Seems that was unfortunate having to wait weeks for visa from Hull,normaly my passport is back with me 2 days after i sent it,it's always best to spend a bit more money on guarantee postage,I'm not married or related legally to any Thai person and just put (visiting friends ) on the form where it asks for Purpose of visit.I cant fault them at Hull,many of my friends use them as well without problems.You can download and print off the appication forms from there website,when applying you must send a stamped adressed envelope with postage paid for the return of your passport.It costs 90 pounds for a multiple entry non immigrant.As a previous poster mentions it's well worth taking the time to get it.So long as you send everything in correctly under normal circumstances there should be no problem,also if i want to leave on the 28th for example i write the date i'm leaving as the 20th so they will get it done faster.

I think it was probably because i wasnt leaving for quite a while (about 1 month), I could have been planning to go somewhere else in the mean time though! Another point for anyone interested, if you apply for a non o under the reason "visiting friends" you definatly cant work as they put a big No Employment stamp in there aswell.

Hello All, I spent the first 4 months of this year (2 lots of 2 month trips on a tourist stamp with a 30 day extension visa run on each trip - went back to UK briefly in march) My time in thailand was Jan 2 - march 9 and march 15 - May 2. My question is: Can I go back at the end of this month?

On the Laos border I noticed that your only allowed 90 days in thailand out of any 6 months and thought I was gonna get stuck in laos but the thai girl i was with said she could sort it no problem (I'd already been in thailand for around 90 days and was after another 30 day extention. She sorted it no problem.

So it appears there is no centralised database because had no problem leaving at the airport either. Can I fly out at the end of this month from the UK for a few weeks I wonder...?

cheers

I won't suggest you arrive with visa exempt entry. Last time an officer at passport control desk rejected a British woman because she got 3 stamps in row on her passport even all together it was less than 90 days. Better you post your application to Thai consular in Hull by Royal Mail......pay fee by credit card. You will get it day after it arrives the consular

cheers

I won't suggest you arrive with visa exempt entry. Last time an officer at passport control desk rejected a British woman because she got 3 stamps in row on her passport even all together it was less than 90 days. Better you post your application to Thai consular in Hull by Royal Mail......pay fee by credit card. You will get it day after it arrives the consular

I don't see why you couldn't come in on a visa-exempt stamp. Even if they count times instead of days (though they're supposed to count days), you've only renewed your visa twice by the visa-exempt stamp, right? The only thing is, if you'd want to stay longer than 30 days, you'd either have to risk trying to get another visa-exempt stamp, or else go out of the country to get a new tourist visa.

You can get a multi entry visa from the consulate in Hull within 30 mins if you go to their offices with the money and correct paperwork, I put visiting friends on the form and had no problems :o

Edited by Benji

You can get a multi entry visa from the consulate in Hull within 30 mins if you go to their offices with the money and correct paperwork, I put visiting friends on the form and had no problems :o

This is going to sound stupid but it's a real question for me: how long will a non-immigrant o visa last and how do i apply for one. I was going to apply for a tourist visa but they only last for 2 months. I'm from the US and plan to be in Thailand for about 8 months. Border runs seem a bit scary to me because it seems like the Cambodia officials at the border can say and do what they please. Is there any special qualifications for the non-immigrant o visa?

Thanks for the help

Hi,if you get a non imm o.you must apply for a multiple entry,this means its valid for 12 months.you can then enter and leave thailand as many times as you like,but you have to leave thailand every 90 days.normaly there are no problems at cambodia borders if you have this visa and stick within the dates.i'm not sure about the thai embassy in america but in england you can just put visiting friends and they issue no problem.

Hi,if you get a non imm o.you must apply for a multiple entry,this means its valid for 12 months.you can then enter and leave thailand as many times as you like,but you have to leave thailand every 90 days.normaly there are no problems at cambodia borders if you have this visa and stick within the dates.i'm not sure about the thai embassy in america but in england you can just put visiting friends and they issue no problem.

So anyone can apply for a non immigrant o visa? On the form there's: B, ED, O, O-A. what do all these mean. I just want to make sure if i apply for a visa i get it the first time and not have anything go wrong. I'm just going to visit my girlfriend since she's teaching there. From what she tells me you need to have a letter saying you will be working in Thailand in order for you to qualify for the non immigrant o visa is that correct? I think you guys may know a bit more than her.

Besides the visa runs, has anyone ever used a visa service in Thailand that will help you throught the process and about how much is it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks

B = business

ED = educational

O = other

O-A = long stay pre approved for one year

The only condition you might qualify for with the visit GF is O. And that would not likely be approved except at some honorary type Consulates.

Unless you meet the conditions for immigration change of visa/extension of stay (which you can do yourself) you can not obtain a visa while in Thailand. If you use a firm that you pay to do so (outside the change of visa or your leaving the country to apply at a Consulate) it will be at serious risk of being not only false paperwork but potential jail time.

checking out the thai embassy webpage in canada they are pretty strict about issuing non-imm type visas.

**Multiple entries are not issued to tourist visas. Applicants who apply for a Non-immigrant visa and request mulitple entries must be strictly for business and at consideration of issuing officer.
but in england you can just put visiting friends and they issue no problem.

i do hold a valid UK passport & was wondering if multi-entry non-imm visas are more easily obtained in the UK could i send my UK passport/non-imm-o app (visiting friends) over to hull for the visa with a return address here in canada?

cheers,

chokdeekrap

checking out the thai embassy webpage in canada they are pretty strict about issuing non-imm type visas.
**Multiple entries are not issued to tourist visas. Applicants who apply for a Non-immigrant visa and request mulitple entries must be strictly for business and at consideration of issuing officer.
but in england you can just put visiting friends and they issue no problem.
i do hold a valid UK passport & was wondering if multi-entry non-imm visas are more easily obtained in the UK could i send my UK passport/non-imm-o app (visiting friends) over to hull for the visa with a return address here in canada?

cheers,

chokdeekrap

If you send your passport from Canada to the Uk I think this is illegal(if I understand it correctly you intend to do this)!Some do it though ,but I do not think it is a good thing to do.

It is not meant to work in that way,and if they find out when it occurs regularly it will not surprise me everybody have to go and make the visa in person in the future.Some others can confirm it more if it is possible or not.

Hull was realy good for my non o downloaded the application form sent that in with my passport and c/c details back in 48 hours job done ,, but must say the visa looks like something out of a ww2 prison escape movie

it looks like they have used half a large spud to use as a stamp

B = business

ED = educational

O = other

O-A = long stay pre approved for one year

The only condition you might qualify for with the visit GF is O. And that would not likely be approved except at some honorary type Consulates.

Unless you meet the conditions for immigration change of visa/extension of stay (which you can do yourself) you can not obtain a visa while in Thailand. If you use a firm that you pay to do so (outside the change of visa or your leaving the country to apply at a Consulate) it will be at serious risk of being not only false paperwork but potential jail time.

What would the conditions be for me to meet? I have enought money to enter. I'm only 23 and single from the US. I was seriously thinking about just hiring a company to do my visa for me. Does anyone have any input on that. Whats the best solution for me? I want to stay for 8-9months and I just want and easy solution. If a firm won't cost too much and can make it happen for me without doing anything illegal then I might go that route. Does anyone know of a good visa company? Thanks. You guys are very knowledgable and are awesome.

You do not meet extension requirements from what you have provided and a company can not help you unless you meet extension requirements.

Your best choice would be a multi entry non immigrant O visa from an honorary type Consulate before you travel - that would cover your stay with only 90 day exits/entry required. But places willing to issue without marriage or other such reasons are few.

The next best choice would be a three entry tourist visa - which with 30 day extensions of each entry could cover the entire period. That may be available at more US Consulates.

Third would be 2 entry tourist visa which with extensions would cover six months and then make 30 day entry without visa for the extra two. Believe most Consulates in US will issue this.

The immigration makes it very clear that making visas by thirds is illegal.You just have to follow the route like everybody does.

I think you probably can send your passport signed to the Thai embassey or consulate in the Us,and ask for a tourist visa,take the one who has the most possible entries(double,triple or even quadruple)suspends what the consulate over there are able to hand out!When you got this visa you are able to stay a pretty long time allready!When the visas are over you should make another (only single)just over the border (from Thailand)which you can extend for another 30 days.So lets say if you have a triple first and one one more signle later,you stay allready 8-9 months....problem finished.It is not possible to get a non immigrant visa or whatsoever for you..The tourist visas are the only way,and perhaps the 3 time 30 days VOA(visa free exemption)in a period of 180 days.

I find out that many consulates work very independently.what i found out at the Thai consulate in A'dam,they hardly provide her of any information.She complained even about that.But when Bangkok does order something,ofcourse they will have to obey.

But to give out visas at consulates is far more bettr and easier then at Embasies,maybe because thatpeople are at the helm there........

all good. how long does it take for a non-immigrant o visa to come back?

As well as the "while you wait" service at Hull, if you are anywhere near to Birmingham, the Consul there will do it while you wait as well, but best to give him a ring first, he is very helpful.