Government to Form National Shipping Line Promoting Thailand as Regional Trade Hub

webfact

13 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

You don't have to teach me about this subject, I've been working all my life on ships and in shipping but to me it seems you are taking things to serious.

Trade from Thailand is not only containers, it also consist of bulk for instance tapioca is shipped in bulkers of 100 - 150,00 tons.

Thailand use to have their own shipping line shipping this cargo we even repaired some of them. The fleet was old and rusty and not maintained properly that's why they disappeared because in nearly every West European port the vessels were arrested by the authorithies due to technical defects.

Besides you need a marine history and background which doesn't exist in Thailand, showing off in a fancy uniform with a lot of gold on it is not enough to keep a fleet going.

That explains my question because insurance premium for cargo shipped on Thai ships will be pretty high.

the fleet was old and rusty ........Not A1 at LLoyds then? ????

45 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I see you still missed my point, hard headed ?

It seems so, Just go to Port and say I have an empty ship, anybody? Yes, many. And nobody will ask on price, nobody will ask on insurance...

(Only you will be asking what they will ship...)

4 hours ago, Saanim said:

It seems so, Just go to Port and say I have an empty ship, anybody? Yes, many. And nobody will ask on price, nobody will ask on insurance...

(Only you will be asking what they will ship...)

Charter parties and insurance premium are depending on the shipped commodity, classification AND the record of the shipowner.