Fourth Vaccine Shot Approved for Elderly and Medical Workers

snoop1130

22 hours ago, rbkk said:

How very confusing for you. Yes, it's your first dose of Moderna but as a booster. Clear as mud! Best to ask at your vaccination centre. I don't get my piece of paper till tomorrow, a week after my booster dose.

Had my Moderna booster yesterday and have just looked at cert. Glad I did as date of birth is wrong!

As a previous poster it shows as my first jab as the first two were done in the UK. More paper to carry around. No mention anywhere of dosage. I will ask when I get the cert corrected.

There are some elderly people who are totally healthy, however there are

a lot who do have other health problems that they live with. I am in that category,

and I have been told that I will benefit from a booster, as it will help  my immunities

against COVID to stay at a higher level. 

21 hours ago, TheScience said:

Why would you want it if it's even less effective against omicron varient than delta?

The reports have been that it offers a boost in protection against Omicron.....  which wanes from 2 vaccinations of Pfizer or AZ. That is why people would want it.

News out of UK though is suggesting that boost also has a limited lifespan of 10 weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/health/booster-protection-omicron.html

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The reports have been that it offers a boost in protection against Omicron.....  which wanes from 2 vaccinations of Pfizer or AZ. That is why people would want it.

News out of UK though is suggesting that boost also has a limited lifespan of 10 weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/health/booster-protection-omicron.html

So, are you planning six mRNA vaccines each year? I'm sure not.

Ten weeks. Well, if it were Ebola ok. Ten weeks for a vaccine in high development, making billions is a joke.

But the problem is it's influenza and it's very unstable. There's never been a go-to flu vaccine like polio or hepatitis or whatever.

As soon as governments get us accustomed to lining up like good lemmings for the vaccine and get corporations to mandate them + vax record for mixing in society...

Then they'll also offload the costs directly to us as well.

Healthcare workers already probably have high levels of immunity.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheScience said:

So, are you planning six mRNA vaccines each year? I'm sure not.

Living in Thailand I have to take what I can get.... had the 2 shots and am ambivalent about the booster idea....it is just possible catching Omicron is the end of it all with just 3-4 days of cold like symptoms. But we have an elderly lady coming to stay and transmitting something to her, that might be dangerous, is a serious concern......it isn't all just about oneself. 

The ten weeks concern will be temporary... the pharma guys will come up with a more Omicron specific vaccine in time.... meanwhile it seems wise to go with the science and not the fear-mongering or foolish conspiracy bleating.

Edited by jacko45k

with this new SA variant theres a way out,natural immunity beats the hell outta all the vaccines x13 according to many official figs .so get your jabs as best u can  and try to get one that works  well not the made in covid land ones .the omicron will infect us all sooner or later unless u wanna go live in a bunker then perhaps the goon squads will let life become normal again as the virus only threatens life in a very small proportion of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Living in Thailand I have to take what I can get.... had the 2 shots and am ambivalent about the booster idea....it is just possible catching Omicron is the end of it all with just 3-4 days of cold like symptoms. But we have an elderly lady coming to stay and transmitting something to her, that might be dangerous, is a serious concern......it isn't all just about oneself. 

The ten weeks concern will be temporary... the pharma guys will come up with a more Omicron specific vaccine in time.... meanwhile it seems wise to go with the science and not the fear-mongering or foolish conspiracy bleating.

its confusing for sure,ive had 2 pfizer but im not sure i want or need another,the science well thats confusing too as its not science a lot of the time but what fauci etc wants you to have and the tie ups with big pharma are a conflict of interest.omicron doesnt seem to be dangerous according to the science coming out of SA and thats what id go wth.not what some mouths saying in USA uk or berlin as theyve been wrong so many times already.in fact if your double jabbed and exposed to omicron its unlikely youll be symptomatic according to SA report,thatll do me fine.ill have all the anti bodies i need  otherwise this <deleted> is endless.

• Like 1

Have any members returned to the LOS fully vaccinated abroad with 2 shots of a vaccine and a booster, then received a second booster (or perhaps first booster or third booster) in LOS.

Can you please share your experience with this, I'm trying to get some facts/policies together for the future.

(In my case 2 Astra Zenica shots, then 2 Pfizer shots all in Australia, then recently returned home to LOS.)

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Have any members returned to the LOS fully vaccinated abroad with 2 shots of a vaccine and a booster, then received a second booster (or perhaps first booster or third booster) in LOS.

Can you please share your experience with this, I'm trying to get some facts/policies together for the future.

(In my case 2 Astra Zenica shots, then 2 Pfizer shots all in Australia, then recently returned home to LOS.)

Someone reported recently he got a booster after arriving double-vaccinated from the UK, then found out that his Mor Prom app did show exactly one shot, i.e. the one he got here.

Edited by StayinThailand2much