Fourth Vaccine Shot Approved for Elderly and Medical Workers

snoop1130

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

No. It makes sense to priorize the most vulnerable groups and those who have to take care of them.

Much better to give a 70+ elderly a third or fourth jab than a first one to a kid, who most likeley will not even feel an infection and who's risk of severe effects or death is close to zero.

Vaccination is not a food program.

It seems like in the USA for example, the most vulnerable group is the obese and overweight. CDC stated months ago that 78% of patients are overweight!  I agree with you - get the elderly vaccinated and take other measures to keep them out of harms way.  Same would apply to fat people.  Sure it is their choice 99% of time to be fat but they surely don't deserve to die.  Ironic how now 2 years of this virus and knowing the risks of being fat has done nothing to improve the general health of the population.  Quite selfish IMO and many of these individuals condemn those that aren't vaccinated while ignoring there part in prolong the misery of this virus.

As for the healthy individuals that are extremely low risk of dying, let us live on with few restrictions.  We are not spreading the disease like high risk groups nor dying in large numbers.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, atpeace said:

It seems like in the USA for example, the most vulnerable group is the obese and overweight. CDC stated months ago that 78% of patients are overweight!  I agree with you - get the elderly vaccinated and take other measures to keep them out of harms way.  Same would apply to fat people.  Sure it is their choice 99% of time to be fat but they surely don't deserve to die.  Ironic how now 2 years of this virus and knowing the risks of being fat has done nothing to improve the general health of the population.  Quite selfish IMO and many of these individuals condemn those that aren't vaccinated while ignoring there part in prolong the misery of this virus.

As for the healthy individuals that are extremely low risk of dying, let us live on with few restrictions.  We are not spreading the disease like high risk groups nor dying in large numbers.  

Vaccinated or not you can spread the virus although transmission will be reduced a good bit if you are vaccinated.

The main point to decide is when vaccination will be stopped.

It should be stopped on independent medical opinion, not medical opinion based on financial backing from large pharma' companies.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It sounds to me that your "full" vaccination with Pfizer is NOT in their system, and their system now says you have one of two initial doses, no boosters. In any case, I haven't heard of Thailand giving half doses of Moderna yet to anyone -- so full dose.

Quotes:

In the United States, a Moderna COVID-19 booster comprises half a dose (50mcg) and is administered at least six months after the first two shots....

Mahidol University’s Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital recommends a half-dose Pfizer booster for those who have received two jabs of either AstraZeneca or Sinovac.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/full-dose-or-half-dose-clearing-up-confusion-over-moderna-boosters/

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh0ymEDnHxE4e3oB2cW2vcr8tT1E.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Quotes:

In the United States, a Moderna COVID-19 booster comprises half a dose (50mcg) and is administered at least six months after the first two shots....

Mahidol University’s Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital recommends a half-dose Pfizer booster for those who have received two jabs of either AstraZeneca or Sinovac.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/full-dose-or-half-dose-clearing-up-confusion-over-moderna-boosters/

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh0ymEDnHxE4e3oB2cW2vcr8tT1E.jpg

Thanks.

First time I've heard about half dose Pfizer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Are they admitting Sinovac doesn't work?

Working isn't black and white. There is the preventing infection part and then there is the more important preventing hospitalization and death part.

I think at this point its sensible to think about it this way. Everyone will be exposed and the realistic goal is to be as ready as you can when that happens 

Vaccines, Vitamin D, Vitamin K2, probably zinc, healthy eating, adequate sleep and exercise, stress reduction, what have you.

Most of all vaccines 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks.

First time I've heard about half dose Pfizer.

Guessing you still get charged 'full price'

Imaging getting a 10 pack script of tablet, then refilling the script and getting only 5 tablets, but charged the same ... ????

Be a great way to increase profit margins at the bar ... ????

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Guessing you still get charged 'full price'

Imaging getting a 10 pack script of tablet, then refilling the script and getting only 5 tablets, but charged the same ... ????

Be a great way to increase profit margins at the bar ... ????

I'm not aware of any place here charging for Pfizer  Moderna yes. I called a private hospital yesterday about their Moderna offer and asked about dosage. The person couldn't answer the question.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Some work better than others.

And that helps how ?

So if some condoms worked better than others, you would ... 'just become a little bit pregnant'.

Let that sink in, take as long as you need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And that helps how ?

So if some condoms worked better than others, you would ... 'just become a little bit pregnant'.

Let that sink in, take as long as you need.

That's ridiculous. If you get infected and a vaccine helps you avoid hospitalization and death, you win.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's ridiculous. If you get infected and a vaccine helps you avoid hospitalization and death, you win.

IF = they don't work.

HELPS = may or may not help you avoid hospitalization & death.  As plenty of vax'd die from the virus. 

Apparently, more that a few die from the vaccine alone, or so I read in the news.  Seems like a roll of the dice either way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rbkk said:

The size of the Moderna booster is important.

50 mcg booster (Half dose) = 37 fold increase against Omnicron.

100 mcg (Full dose) = 87 fold increase against Omnicron.

The results from the recent trial above come a week late for me. My Moderna booster was a half dose that will increase my antibodies to the same level as after the 2 x AZ. In U.K, if you have had 2 x AZ as a primary course they recommend a full dose of Moderna as a booster against Omnicron.

(

I think it is not important -  37x will do. 

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

IF = they don't work.

HELPS = may or may not help you avoid hospitalization & death.  As plenty of vax'd die from the virus. 

Apparently, more that a few die from the vaccine alone, or so I read in the news.  Seems like a roll of the dice either way.

The risk of dying from being vaccinated though it exists is massively smaller than the risk of being unvaccinated and infected.

Do not alter my quotes with your emphasis!

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

Unbelievable, recommending 4th boosters now when there are people who haven't received their first shot yet and all the expats who got 2 x Pfizer shots have to wait another 3 months +.

Are you really complaining when expats got Pfizer before Thais? What is wrong with waiting 3 months?

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The risk of dying from being vaccinated though it exists is massively smaller than the risk of being unvaccinated and infected.

Do not alter my quotes with your emphasis!

Not altering, just clarifying.  You stated it 'helps', when actually, it 'may or may not help' ... or kill you.

All 3 are actual possibilities, or so I read.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Are you really complaining when expats got Pfizer before Thais? What is wrong with waiting 3 months?

Its 6 months wait total, 3 months have already passed since expats got jabbed. I am not complaining of waiting 3 months. I am complaining of the recommendation to get a 4th booster now when expats can't even get the 3rd booster now!

2 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Its 6 months wait total, 3 months have already passed since expats got jabbed. I am not complaining of waiting 3 months. I am complaining of the recommendation to get a 4th booster now when expats can't even get the 3rd booster now!

It's for those on the frontline and the elderly.  

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's for those on the frontline and the elderly.  

The title says that but the text says "initially approved a fourth round of vaccinations for medical personnel and frontline staff, patients with chronic illnesses and low immunity, and people who have had their third dose for more than three months."

If it's for the"elderly", then most expats will qualify!! hahah :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

So what's you're thinking here ? ... you don't have a whole lot of faith in the first 2 shots.  Do you think a 3rd or 4th of the same or other, will actually be better ? ????

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think it is not important -  37x will do. 

The starting point for Omicron antibodies (32) is so low that

37 fold only brings you up to the antibodies level as after your 2nd dose (From 32 Omicron antibodies x 37 = 1087 Omicron antibodies)

The graph below shows only about half as effective as against the other earlier variants. (650 Omnicron antibodies against 1186). An 87 fold increase (Full dose booster) would bring you up to 2784 Omnicron antibodies.

(

• Like 1