Best Christmas food. High end lunch or dinner Quality no quantity.

The Hammer2021

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ahh... missed the Pattaya part...  Now I understand why the question needed to be asked... 

Yes it does help to read questions before responding to them. However, for informational purposes I would stoll be asking the same question if I were in Bangkok.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:25 PM, SidJames said:

Hilton is very good as is Casa Pascal

I was at the Hilton today & it was very very very average.

There a choice of either a house red or a white wine & nothing else.

Fizz was non-alcoholic apple juice & that was the offering.

While service was decent enough after initial blips such as waiting 20 mins for water which was an extra charge while fruit juice was included as part of the bill.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:23 PM, Ralf001 said:

Royal Cliff is putting on a reasonable spread, thats where I'll be.

I went there in 2019 & enjoyed their offering but last year's was a car crash.

Very diminished options plus we got here at 12pm when it opened & the turkey was stone cold & the brussels were like bullets.

This year I think it was 2500 + + per head so I'm guessing that it may not have been as busy as previous.

5 hours ago, SidJames said:

I went there in 2019 & enjoyed their offering but last year's was a car crash.

Very diminished options plus we got here at 12pm when it opened & the turkey was stone cold & the brussels were like bullets.

This year I think it was 2500 + + per head so I'm guessing that it may not have been as busy as previous.

Was half decent IMHO.

https://www.royalcliff.com/new/christmas-lunch-buffet-2021-panorama/

On 12/24/2021 at 11:08 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Read my original message and you will see in this instance economy is not the issue but thank you...

Read my mesage and you will see I was responding to another post, not your original question. 

While you clearly were not looking for this, others may have seen the reply and gone there expecting similar to their usual Sunday offering. 

PH

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, The Hammer2021 said:
On 12/24/2021 at 11:35 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Ahh... missed the Pattaya part...  Now I understand why the question needed to be asked... 

Yes it does help to read questions before responding to them. However, for informational purposes I would stoll be asking the same question if I were in Bangkok.

Your Headline: Best Christmas food. High end lunch or dinner Quality no quantity.

Your Question: Where is the Best place for Christmas food. High end lunch or dinner Quality no quantity. I'm thinking lobster and champagne lunch organic lamb or turkey...Any suggestions?

The question did not mention Pattaya....   

When looking up ‘unread or ‘new’ topics’... the only giveaway that this is pattaya related is this in very small text and easy to miss...  (see insert below) .... 

So... ‘It does help to actual to avoid ambiguity in your questions a be specific if you want specific answers’... 

1052386470_Screenshot2021-12-26at15_19_20.thumb.png.b18ba7519a7035d4e14d3bee11f8ec1e.png

Edited by richard_smith237

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your Headline: Best Christmas food. High end lunch or dinner Quality no quantity.

Your Question: Where is the Best place for Christmas food. High end lunch or dinner Quality no quantity. I'm thinking lobster and champagne lunch organic lamb or turkey...Any suggestions?

The question did not mention Pattaya....   

When looking up ‘unread or ‘new’ topics’... the only giveaway that this is pattaya related is this in very small text and easy to miss...  (see insert below) .... 

So... ‘It does help to actual to avoid ambiguity in your questions a be specific if you want specific answers’... 

1052386470_Screenshot2021-12-26at15_19_20.thumb.png.b18ba7519a7035d4e14d3bee11f8ec1e.png

Calm down old chap. It does help if you read the thread details and content I should have said. Don't worry. Your error does not reflect badly on you. Thanks for input.

7 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Read my mesage and you will see I was responding to another post, not your original question. 

While you clearly were not looking for this, others may have seen the reply and gone there expecting similar to their usual Sunday offering. 

PH

I am cheerfuly confused! Please answer anything you want to any questions even ones that have only been asked in your imagination. It's all grist for the mill

Edited by The Hammer2021

In the end I settled for imported oysters, sparkling wine and a bowl of European mussels with Zabligone for dessert.

The next day lamb chops and chocolate lava cake and the following day champagne with seafood salad. For NYE I'll try AE or ABC or Cafe Des Amis or The Jomtien Renaissance Pebble Grill but I fancy the Hilton or a hotel with a view of the fireworks..

20211224_211123.jpg

20211224_221734.jpg

20211226_115236.jpg

20211225_213306.jpg

Edited by The Hammer2021

Just now, WEBBYB808 said:

Yes thrn youll always miss out and over pay

Or I will just have a wider selection of choice. Education rarely leads to choice limitations though ignorance and inverted snobbery do. I would like to remind you that I was looking for a delicate  high end Christmas food treat. But FYI I have eaten and enjoyed street food and cheap food in more countries than you have ever visited or likely to visit. I can tell you about them if you want.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Caldera said:

Ah, those educated palettes, very hard to please they are... ????

On the contrary. Its the uneducated  palates, people with no culinary  education  who are addicted to junk food such as pizza, fried chicken and burgers and are difficult  to please with real food. There is no pride in ignorance. But there is inverted snobbery and food puritanism. But I suspect you were being supercilious regarding the homophone palette rather than palate.

Edited by The Hammer2021

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In the end I settled for imported oysters, sparkling wine and a bowl of European mussels with Zabligone for dessert.

The next day lamb chops and chocolate lava cake and the following day champagne with seafood salad. For NYE I'll try AE or ABC or Cafe Des Amis or The Jomtien Renaissance Pebble Grill but I fancy the Hilton or a hotel with a view of the fireworks..

20211224_211123.jpg

20211224_221734.jpg

20211226_115236.jpg

20211225_213306.jpg

Looks nice but not very Christmassy.