Dental Implant in Bangkok

Yellowtail

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Implant and crown at BIDC is 28,000 all-in, that compares pretty favorably to $56,815 in the US. 

Virtually all elective surgeries not covered by insurance  are cheaper in the US than they are here, and as I understand it, much/most of the cost of an implant is the is the appliance itself, which the dentist has little control over. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but the cost of an implant seems to be the same regardless of the nationality. When I am at Bangkok Hospital Dental Center, there is the occasional foreigner, but by and large, their bread and butter clients are Thai. 

Finally, the service I receive for general dentistry at BHDC far exceeds any dental service I have received in the US, where the dentist has six chairs going....

There are lots of shills for dental services on this board I'm not saying you're one - just saying.

I'm no fan of bidc certainly not for something that serious (I live very close as well).

Wasn't crazy about the email Convo, quote from BHDC either.

28000thb or 56000usd? You have that right?

The only reasonable quote I rec'd was the dentist in Sri Ratcha 45k to start. Plus hotels, drama...

Up to you

13 minutes ago, TheScience said:

There are lots of shills for dental services on this board I'm not saying you're one - just saying.

You found me out. Yes, I am funding my retirement by promoting dental tourism. 

I'm no fan of bidc certainly not for something that serious (I live very close as well).

I have never used them, so I cannot comment on the quality of their work, but others rave about them. 

Wasn't crazy about the email Convo, quote from BHDC either.

BHDC has a website that includes the prices for most services. I have been using them for about 20 years. My wife and boy use them as well, and I really have nothing but good things to say about them, but I would like to know if there price is competitive as far as the implants go, and it looks like they are. (remember, as a shill I'm being paid millions to say that, so I am a little biased.) 

Incidentally, the first 18 years I used BHDC it was all covered by insurance, so I was less concerned about the cost, and could go pretty much anywhere I wanted, including the US. 

28000thb or 56000usd? You have that right?

Sorry, my mistake.I meant to say that one can get an implant and crown at BIDC (per them) for THB28,000 (US$835) all in or get and implant and crown in the US (per your mother, yes?) for US$1,700 (THB56,990). So right at half-price comparing the two. (they pay to shill for them as well)

The only reasonable quote I rec'd was the dentist in Sri Ratcha 45k to start. Plus hotels, drama...

You should probably holiday in Texas, pretty cheap there.

Up to you

Indeed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, just to follow-up, I ended up getting the implant at Bangkok Hospital Dental Center (BHDC) and it's been great. It was the Straumann implant with a "Roxolid SLA Active" crown. It was interesting that they did not do an impression for the crown but scanned my mouth and (I think) they 3D modeled the crown, or the mold for the crown. In any event, it fit perfectly from day one. It probably took six months to complete. 

I had a second implant done on a root-canal that went bad on the opposite side. This one (just got the crown today) was done at "Maha Chakri Sirinhorn Dental Hospital" (MCSDC) in Salaya. They used the same Straumann implant but did not scan my mouth for a digital crown. The crown was done using an impression. This one seems to fit perfectly as well. Implant and crown were about THB15K cheaper, but altogether probably THB20-25K cheaper. 

i

Either place is great for implants, with similar quality work, but with MCSDH being significantly cheaper.

I would highly recommend MCSDH for anyone on a budget on that side of town. It's a nice facility with good service and for more traditional dentistry they are probably 80-90% cheaper than BHDC,