New Thai Imm 90 Day Reporting Software Solution same old Rubbish

One question.

What if .......

*you apply online 15 days before due date

*it is rejected

*you post the report to CW

*try again online

*it is approved the 2nd time online

Which date do you adhere to? The return post date or the online date?

Covering all angles. I'd do anything to save a long trip to MTT

Edited by Cuchulainn

15 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Keep trying. I was rejected twice and approved on the 3rd attempt.

*Don't use autosave, type manually.

*Shorten your address

Even if you live in an apt block, just write your flat number and the soi

Eg

12/54 Soi Sukumvit 99

Not

12/54 Happy Condo, 12/54 Soi sukumvit 99

That worked for me!

Same identical address used in the old system, before it bonked last year, and the PDF.  I will test with the app first next time... I did not even try it anymore, nor resubmitting.  If you used the app all 3 times and it worked "overnight" (I assume you meant, after midnight), I will try these suggestions.

Edited by Sheist

My story.

1. Applied online.....pending 4 days, then rejected.

2. Applied online again....pending 4-5 hours, then rejected again

3. Applied 3rd time online. Retyped in all info (didnt use autosave) and gave briefest of address.

4. Approved overnight

Will I be so lucky in March next time?????

Applied 21.30.

Approved 08.00 next morning

20 minutes ago, Sheist said:

Same identical address used in the old system, before it bonked last year, and the PDF.  I will test with the app first next time... I did not even try it anymore, nor resubmitting.  If you used the app all 3 times and it worked "overnight" (I assume you meant, after midnight), I will try these suggestions.

2 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I'm only a 15 minute drive from our local office, but I'd still rather do it online than go there. The old system mostly worked for me.

Personally Would never consider interweb immigration intercourse

For me its a 20 minute drive to border office

And about personally  30 seconds at most in the office (well as long as a scan and printer takes)

It never hurts to chat up your local  IO mafia  especially if you are in the sticks

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Fab5BKK said:

???

where do you live?

If you live in the capital city (Bangkok), it'd take between 1 hour and 3 hour to reach CW. Multiply by 2 (for return)

Two points:

1. We have other, much more interesting, things to do (working, for example) than visiting immigration offices. I guess retirees have other plans too!

2. With Covid better to avoid crowded places... don't you think?

Just my 2 cents

If you are working surely someone can found to do it for you isnt that what's staff for

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm surprised that a five minute  procedure 

It is only a 5 minute procedure when you are sat in front of the IO.

You can be sat outside while they do multiple 5 minute procedures. I was quite fortunate yesterday only had 5 in front of me, about 40 minutes altogether.

Only slight hiccup was when the IO queried why I had no previous 90 day slip, I don't think she noticed I had been out of the country.

8 hours ago, Misab said:

could it be that you are the one making a mistake? one wrong spelling or one wrong ciffer or one missing answer and you are out.

I am doing mine via mail and I received the receipt 1 month later (28 days). It is more work but less worries... 

• Like 1

What is the downside of not doing 90 day reports? I know that you can get fined between 2000 and 5000 baht depending on circumstances. Can you get deported? Can you be refused an extension? If you are on a 1 year extension for retirement and you don't bother to report until the next extension is due, do you simply get a 2000 to 5000 baht fine and then another extension? What is the worst that can happen for simply not reporting?

9 minutes ago, toolpush said:

What is the downside of not doing 90 day reports? I know that you can get fined between 2000 and 5000 baht depending on circumstances. Can you get deported? Can you be refused an extension? If you are on a 1 year extension for retirement and you don't bother to report until the next extension is due, do you simply get a 2000 to 5000 baht fine and then another extension? What is the worst that can happen for simply not reporting?

The only thing done is the standard 2000 baht fine. I don't recall anybody being fined more than that.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been many people reporting to Chaeng Wattana that have the same problem as you are when using the new system.

Very few people reporting to other offices have not had the same problem.

I hope that's the case, my next 90 day report is due Jan 24th... I'll give the new version a go.

The old one worked 3 times in the last 4 years, exactly the same info.

19 minutes ago, toolpush said:

What is the downside of not doing 90 day reports? I know that you can get fined between 2000 and 5000 baht depending on circumstances. Can you get deported?

You wouldn't be deported or even be refused your extension.

Have read couple of posts suggesting just skip them all and pay fine when obtaining extension.

Most likely 2000baht in total.

IMO stupid idea. 

An agent will do it for 400-500 per report. 

Why try to be cute with immigration.

If I was io and someone tried that, I would make the process as difficult as possible. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toolpush said:

The downside (in my personal experience) is having a big, red 'violation' stamp printed on a full page of my passport describing my failure to report within 90 days -- I was 3 days after the 7-day grace period.    While having multiple red stamps may not be a threat to an extension of permit-to-stay, I do not want to explore that possibility... 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Misab said:

could it be that you are the one making a mistake? one wrong spelling or one wrong ciffer or one missing answer and you are out.

Thanks, as I said I am not the smartest tool in the tool-shed, but please re-read my post!

Logged in and submitted my 90-Day information of all fields as per previous TM 47 online and manual reports - Success

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been many people reporting to Chaeng Wattana that have the same problem as you are when using the new system.

Very few people reporting to other offices have had the same problem.

You mean "Very few people reporting to other offices have had the same problem". Is that correct? Sorry UJ!  No disrespect!

My long term experience of Thai Immigration apps is they are all very, very poor.  I am talking about the Thailand Pass, Reporting new arrivals to accommodation and 90 day Reporting and they have been this way ever since ever.  Why they don't first of all test them comprehensively before launch and then monitor they are working efficiently leaves me completely mind boggled.  Thailand the land of IT - my foot!

10 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I registered, no problem. Did the 90 day report, no problem. Got the approval and receipt, no problem. 13 days later on the day before my due date big problem , report rejected due to overstay 

Why did you try to do another report? Apparently you were trying to use the app if you got the false message you were on a overstay,

13 hours ago, me4175 said:

It could also be that there is no recent TM30 or it's under another address.

Well, heck, it could be "anything"? And why not provide some info when a report is rejected?

FWIW, I have provided the exact same address for ~ 15+ years on every single document: TM6, TM7 TM8 TM30 TM47.

12 hours ago, JamesH said:

Did my 90 day online reporting today.  What a pleasant surprise. So easy and the online form has been trimmed down.

Well done Thai Immigration.

Office?

10 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I registered, no problem. Did the 90 day report, no problem. Got the approval and receipt, no problem. 13 days later on the day before my due date big problem , report rejected due to overstay 

Office? 

But also confused with your report of "got approval and receipt" with a later rejection? Maybe you mean that you filing was accepted for review?

I had 10 reports online worked perfectly but the last one (October 2021) and this one (for 02 Jan 2022) does not work. So, based on some discussion here I tried the app on my phone and got this message. I'm assuming my last retirement extension which I did late July and is good until mid September 2022 was not put in the 'new' system. Everything else is the same, same address etc. 

image.png.4c3b7b9dc5bf8205d5cdcb5c4942aa6e.png

15 minutes ago, DowntownAl said:

I'm assuming my last retirement extension which I did late July and is good until mid September 2022 was not put in the 'new' system.

The new system is only for the new 90 day reporting site. Link: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

The app and the old site does not have the same system.

You are still within the reporting window to do a online report. Try doing it on the new site.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The new system is only for the new 90 day reporting site. Link: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

The app and the old site does not have the same system.

You are still within the reporting window to do a online report. Try doing it on the new site.

I did not know there was a new reporting site...now how do I correct an error (either by me or by them) the PDF they sent says I arrived in 1948, it was actually 2018? Clearly it will be rejected. 

3 minutes ago, DowntownAl said:

I did not know there was a new reporting site...now how do I correct an error (either by me or by them) the PDF they sent says I arrived in 1948, it was actually 2018? Clearly it will be rejected. 

The new site will not use the old report to accept your application. When you register and do a report it all done on one page before you submit it. After submitting it the approval or rejection is done by an officer that reviews your records before processes it or rejects it.

The old site and app would reject it before you could do the actual report on page 2 of the application.