Siam Commercial Bank moving into Crypto, why aren't you?

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Did you miss the crypto boat or something that you are intent to bring it down?

Why would you delight in Bitcoin losing value?  Is it only so you can say, "I was right when I never bought Bitcoin at $1"?

I absolutely did miss a crypto boat. Is this really all you got? Does this mean you should keep posting false information and pumping an "asset" based on computer hash? Lol 

Still waiting for the list of exchanges that take Chinese money. Where is it?

8 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I absolutely did miss a crypto boat. Is this really all you got? Does this mean you should keep posting false information and pumping an "asset" based on computer hash? Lol 

Still waiting for the list of exchanges that take Chinese money. Where is it?

If you answer my questions, I'll answer yours. 

What misinformation? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I don't recognise any 'haters' here, just scepticism, which to my mind is perfectly justified.

As for your sneery labelling, why should 'Boomers', who are by and large retired, be looking for, or indeed be especially interested in, high risk speculative investments? Fine for youngsters with plenty of years earning opportunity ahead of them to rectify a bad investment, but ill-advised for a retiree. 

Personally I find the whole evangelic zeal with which cryptocurrencies are being touted (or pumped) rather off-putting.   

There are indeed some haters in this very thread, they have no interest in buying cryptos yet highjack every crypto-related thread. 

Why say "pump"? I am certainly not pumping cryptos! I am interested in why people don't invest in crypto, as it doesn't make any sense not to. 

There are many wise older people who invest in cryptos. 

Mr Wonderful recently got in - 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why say "pump"? I am certainly not pumping cryptos! I am interested in why people don't invest in crypto, as it doesn't make any sense not to. 

Besause stocks don't crash 50% unless it's a depression. Housing prices don't crash 50% unless there is a civil war. 

Crypto has multiple extreme ups and downs which indicates pumping and dumping. Shiba was top 10 coin by market cap....haha explain that.

8 hours ago, LoveThai94 said:

I have things to tend to, do you really think i could waste my time on a day like today when the market was so hot?,

For the Jim Cramer article i just got you a quick reference, i don't share information that i use with people outside of my circle.

"I didn't waste my time yesterday, the market was so hot".... is so cliché and exactly the type of thing an amateur would say. ????

8 hours ago, LoveThai94 said:

I don't do algo trading just messing with you guys

So you're basically admitting that you're trolling?

Edited by ThLT
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Besause stocks don't crash 50% unless it's a depression. Housing prices don't crash 50% unless there is a civil war. 

Crypto has multiple extreme ups and downs which indicates pumping and dumping. Shiba was top 10 coin by market cap....haha explain that.

I see Netflix is down over 20% for the day, as are other large companies. I can't see your logic.  Do you think it would be normal for me to go to a forum about stocks and laugh at investors of Netflix 'losing' money? This is exactly what some are doing on this thread, including you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

You totally miss the point, crypto can't be banned. Chinese and Indians just use foreign exchanges.

I wonder how they buy crypto on foreign exchanges... with their yuan and rupees... all stored in Chinese/Indian bank accounts? ????

Or how they transfer fiat from their crypto foreign exchange... to their Chinese/Indian bank account? ????

You totally miss the point, crypto can't be banned

Look at that:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/27/cryptocurrency-exchanges-stop-chinese-users-signing-up-after-crackdown.html

Huobi said it would gradually retire existing accounts of mainland Chinese users by midnight on Dec. 31, 2021.

You're wrong, yet again.

Edited by ThLT
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

And we have explained this to you over and over again. Crypto tokens are unproductive speculative assets with no underlying value or ownership in anything. To us, it makes no sense why anyone would buy these, but for this, you label us haters, boomers, or claim we do not understand the technology, yet I have been the one repeatedly having to explain things about blockchains, economics, trading, stocks, computers, and debunking the countless false claims made in these threads.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Mr Wonderful recently got in

Bully for Kevin O'Leary, but I'm sure it's chump change only.

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why say "pump"?

Because it is, the whole FOMO rhetoric is designed to push people into an investment without due diligence. The various YouTube clips are big on hype and scant on substance. No doubt many who invest are doing so because they think it what they should be doing rather than knowing it's a good idea. I'm perfectly content to watch from the side-lines.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I see Netflix is down over 20% for the day, as are other large companies. I can't see your logic.  Do you think it would be normal for me to go to a forum about stocks and laugh at investors of Netflix 'losing' money? This is exactly what some are doing on this thread, including you. 

That's right. It's down because of increasing competition. This is why I laugh when people say Bitcoin is limited to 27 million as if coins can't be created out of tin air.

Don't forget....some of the smartest minds said Bitcoin is going to be worth half a million dollars. That was 2 years ago and he didn't $$$$ his own $$$$

RIP

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Because it is, the whole FOMO rhetoric is designed to push people into an investment without due diligence. The various YouTube clips are big on hype and scant on substance.

Exactly. ????????

Same as OP @Neeranam. Doesn't understand cryptocurrencies/blockchain, but plugs crypto in the forum every chance he gets. Basically spamming...

And if someone criticizes crypto, he just calls them a boomer/hater. ???? 

Edited by ThLT
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

They continually look for ways to criticize it, but are looking more and more ridiculous as it is being adopted worldwide.

But it is not being adopted worldwide. We just went over this a day ago. I asked for specific examples, and was given “go to GitHub and search for projects”.

You are right that people are buying crypto-tokens worldwide, but there is no technology being adopted. If you disagree, give me a concrete example of someone using blockchain/crypto that gives them a competitive edge.

Not just JPMorgan replying to journalist that they are exploring it, but didn’t give specifics, etc., as all the previous examples are basically boiling down to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Was pretty obvious this day would come, all Ponzi schemes end the same. 
I never invested in bitcoin nor cryptocurrency, didn't believe in it but I could agree it was a way to make money trading it short term (day trading/swing trading) as I believe it would eventually end up collapsing.

The blockchain technology is here to stay though, once countries make their own cryptocurrencies backed by their country I'll have no problem keeping my money in crypto. 

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

The blockchain technology is here to stay though, once countries make their own cryptocurrencies backed by their country I'll have no problem keeping my money in crypto. 

I wouldn’t count on it. In the UK, the House of Lords Economics Affairs Committee has issued its report on central bank digital currencies. The title is “Central bank digital currencies: a solution in search of a problem?” and notes “We have yet to hear a convincing case for why the UK needs a retail CBDC.”

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ThLT said:

"I didn't waste my time yesterday, the market was so hot".... is so cliché and exactly the type of thing an amateur would say. ????

So you're basically admitting that you're trolling?

You do great with the name calling, i hope that is working out for you, i am an amateur but i accept that, this keeps me hungry.

Some people have more times than others, how you use the time is up to you.

If you are on this forum to teach and educate do that, my posts was not to go into details on information but to highlight my stance on this issue because we all know there is a lot of information and misinformation out there and it is easily accessible.

Admitting to trolling?, lighten up!

Did you kick the chair when you read my post? or did you throw something?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

If you are on this forum to teach and educate do that, my posts was not to go into details on information but to highlight my stance on this issue because we all know there is a lot of information and misinformation out there and it is easily accessible.

You're 10 or so posts from the past two pages have been misinformation. That's what we have been trying to point out.

30 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

Admitting to trolling?, lighten up!

Did you kick the chair when you read my post? or did you throw something?

Huh? So you admit to trolling:

14 hours ago, LoveThai94 said:

I don't do algo trading just messing with you guys

... but according to you we should lighten up to your trolling? ????

Edited by ThLT
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThLT said:

You're 10 or so posts from the past two pages have been misinformation. That's what we have been trying to point out.

Huh? So you admit to trolling:

... but according to you we should lighten up to your trolling? ????

You are too funny.

Crypto is here to stay based off these 3 key metrics, acceptance, resilience and growth.

Each time it has been tested you see increase in these areas.

Will crypto remain the same?, this I doubt but it will around in some form, some parts will be killed off and some parts will be changed to improve.

But, but countries are banning cryptos!! True but not so true, read China's plan for blockchain.

It will be almost impossible for some countries or any country for that matter to accept anonymous financial transactions but the acceptance of one country's digital currency will be just as challenging, it will come with the stick or carrot but people don't like big brother looking over their shoulders and this still did not solve the across border issue.

Which is mostly likely to succeed? or will we have both or a mix?

Its a ponzi scheme!!!!     This have been said for years and yet more and more people and businesses are going into it.

Maybe the world have really gone mad.

Cryptos Positives

Decentralized, secure and scalable to name a few. Imagine running a home, business, city or country with one system.

Cryptos Negatives

Energy consumption, exploitation and skepticism.

These things are been worked on and will work themselves out as with any other previous great technological advancement.

2 hours ago, LoveThai94 said:

Crypto is here to stay based off these 3 key metrics, acceptance, resilience and growth.

Each time it has been tested you see increase in these areas.

Will crypto remain the same?, this I doubt but it will around in some form, some parts will be killed off and some parts will be changed to improve.

But, but countries are banning cryptos!! True but not so true, read China's plan for blockchain.

It's the first time in human history cryptocurrencies have been implemented. That it will succeed or fail is a guess, like anyone else's. 

2 hours ago, LoveThai94 said:

You conflate cryptocurrencies with blockchain.

I doubt Satoshi, or anyone in crypto, would consider coins created and controlled by authoritarian governments as being "crypto." The complete opposite of what crypto is about.

Edited by ThLT
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Mother of all buying opportunities. Did not expect we would get such a gift at this stage. Last time crypto was this price it was not legal tender in any countries, and the likes of Tesla and Paypal were not accepting it. Crypto is not going away. I will keep buying on any further drops.

Yes.... El Salvador did a fine job with their crypto holdings.

Legal tender 5555

RDT_20220123_0104473557706891952476501.jpg

Edited by Pravda
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yes.... El Salvador did a fine job with their crypto holdings.

Legal tender 5555

RDT_20220123_0104473557706891952476501.jpg

You might want to check out the purchasing power of the dollar over the last 100 years before mocking. Fact remains crypto has a limited supply, in BTC's case it is 21 million. So like the dollar it is not "backed" by hard assets, but unlike the dollar there IS a finite supply. Let's revisit this in 6 -12 months and see if you are still crowing.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

You might want to check out the purchasing power of the dollar over the last 100 years before mocking. Fact remains crypto has a limited supply, in BTC's case it is 21 million. So like the dollar it is not "backed" by hard assets, but unlike the dollar there IS a finite supply. Let's revisit this in 6 -12 months and see if you are still crowing.

Too funny.

Your Bitcoin was supposed to be worth 500,000 dollars in 2020 based on "simple math". Obviously Bitcoin is not being adopted as expected. Every time a new token or $hitcoin in created and listed on exchange that's less money for Bitcoin.

Do you even know what limited supply means?

BTW, the next support is 30k. It won't hold. Next one is at 19k. That might hold.

You bought way too early. Cryptos are in bear market since November. And there is such thing as bear market, even in crypto.

Edited by Pravda
  • Sad 1