Siam Commercial Bank moving into Crypto, why aren't you?

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Earlier this year(January), I started a topic about what to buy, Bitcoin or Gold. More people then said buy gold! 

Gold has gone down in value, Bitcoin has nearly doubled and had more than doubled a month ago. 

It's easier than opening a bank account to open a Bitkub account. 

golds a shiny metal i can buy at any gold store in thailand and take home with me. no more knowledge or accounts required.

now, whats a bitcoin wallet thingey again? hot, cold, software, desktop? and whats an exchange? which one of the hundreds out there? verification? how to fund? wire? card fees? seriously? so buy btc or eth or xrp or or or??? spreads? fees? and on and on..

ok i'm being pedantic but its NOT easier to own crypto, a lot of research needs to be done to feel confident in owning this asset class.

plus gold's a slow moving low risk asset it can't be compared.

a better comparison would be buy bitcoin or tesla?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GeorgeCross said:

now, whats a bitcoin wallet thingey again? hot, cold, software, desktop? and whats an exchange? which one of the hundreds out there? verification? how to fund? wire? card fees? seriously? so buy btc or eth or xrp or or or??? spreads? fees? and on and on..

ok i'm being pedantic but its NOT easier to own crypto, a lot of research needs to be done to feel confident in owning this asset class.

If my 79-year old mother can open an account in Binance, anyone can. 

It is very easy! Much easier than buying stocks. It took me ages to set up etoro, who now actually sell crypto, in a very easy way. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThLT said:

Whether you want it to, you don't know.

It won't be completely banned every in the world, yes that's true.

Whether it stays unregulated as it is right now... 0% chance of that happening.

Bitcoin is not the official currency of a sovereign nation -  El Salvador. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

yeah, financial institutions with robust protections are harder to open accounts with.

thats actually a good thing.

I use Kraken exchange, which is a US bank. It was opened very easily. 

Watch the 10 minute video, it could change your life. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

It's entirely possible the reverse could be equally  true.

Your example  is after the fact and has no bearing on the future.

Isn't this true for any asset?

Some people here are still entertaining the thoughts that people had about bitcoin 10 years ago, wake up, so many things have changed. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't own any bitcoin, I don't like it at all. I just use Bitcoin as an example. 

Interesting.  If not BTC, where are you investing (if you don’t  mind) - just curious.

I am a pretty conservative investor, more so in crypto, so have stuck with buy/hold BTC and ETH.  

I have parked most of my cash holdings in Celsius and have been very happy - I chase yield a bit but not too much.  Will dip my toes into DeFi soon.

• Like 2

SCB have an extremely good record in investing, strange how no one has mentioned this but many who don't understand crypto using this thread to attack it ???? 

FYI, Michael Selby, the head of CPB Property and CPB Equity is a former employee of a US state government agency. The CPB is responsible for managing the property of HM the King. 

Why has no one mentioned the wisdom of SCB, because they think they know better? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, userabcd said:

"Cryptocurrency is here to stay, whether you like it or not. 

Anyone here not investing? If not, what are you scared of?"

Knowing my luck and experience of past investments buying and then the price goes down never to recover.

Never invest more than you can afford to lose is a great piece of advice. 

I did this 5 years ago and it gradually became more and more. After a few months, I could afford to put my entire monthly salary into crypto, withdrawing when needed, sometimes down but 90% of the time ahead. 

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

strange how no one has mentioned this but many who don't understand crypto using this thread to attack it ???? 

Crypto cult at it again.
For such people, being criticized = being attacked.

Edited by ThLT
  • Like 2