What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 10/29/2022 at 1:14 AM, bobandyson said:

Babylon Berlin

Netflix.

Season 4 out now. So far 5 episodes available on fmovies.

Also seasons 1-3 available on fmovies.

Dialogue all in 'Germanese' but subtitles done very well.

Thanks for this. Downloading seasons 1-3 from TGx now.

17 hours ago, seedy said:

TPB

2022 version

aq.jpg

I saw this the other night. Sure the battle scenes and cinematography are great but as a film, as entertainment, i was disappointed. There is no plot/story. The acting is average, There is little chatacterisation and the war seems to end half way through the film. I wouldn't recommend.

On 10/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, ThaiFelix said:

One of my favourite subjects, I will look out for it.  However is it factual?  The last doc I watched on the subject was by Ken Burns and while it was very well put together it was still tainted with the old US lies such as the North Vietnamese being the aggressor in the Gulf of Tonkin incident, even though it was admitted by the US  years ago to be untrue.

Have you seen the 'The Fog of War"  by Robert S. McNamara the former Secretary of Defense under President John F. Kennedy and President Lyndon B. Johnson. Its quite compelling, he admits the wrong doings and the lies , even went back to apologies to the Vietnamese. He also revisits the Fire Bombing of Japan,  100,000 people burnt to death in 9 hours, mostly all civilians.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317910/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No aggressor gives a hoot about the people in the country they invade.

It is all a money game, played by the same 'Ol players, for the same goals, at the same costs.

"Be the First One on your Block to have your Boy come Home in a Box'

This is the reality.

Edited by seedy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I liked this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21451264/

Is an exploration of extraterrestrial encounters centred on a series of events in 1996 when citizens of Varginha, Brazil, reported seeing a UFO crash and one or more strange creatures.

Documentary, it looks like there was a cover-up by USAF, all the witnesses seemed genuine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Seppius said:

I liked this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21451264/

Is an exploration of extraterrestrial encounters centred on a series of events in 1996 when citizens of Varginha, Brazil, reported seeing a UFO crash and one or more strange creatures.

Documentary, it looks like there was a cover-up by USAF, all the witnesses seemed genuine

I’ll be watching this !!

I lived , from 1995 to 2016 , 75 km from there and visited regularly as had a sil and bil who lived there.

Don’t know about the authenticity of the ufo and alien encounters but they certainly took advantage of the fame !!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I’ll be watching this !!

I lived , from 1995 to 2016 , 75 km from there and visited regularly as had a sil and bil who lived there.

Don’t know about the authenticity of the ufo and alien encounters but they certainly took advantage of the fame !!

Didn't anyone tell the locals that there was a Hollywood movie production about extraterrestrials going on nearby??????

5 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I’ll be watching this !!

will have a look but if these aliens are so advanced how come their ships can crash, or be seen on radar?

On 10/30/2022 at 11:50 AM, oxo1947 said:

Have you seen the 'The Fog of War"  by Robert S. McNamara the former Secretary of Defense under President John F. Kennedy and President Lyndon B. Johnson. Its quite compelling, he admits the wrong doings and the lies , even went back to apologies to the Vietnamese. He also revisits the Fire Bombing of Japan,  100,000 people burnt to death in 9 hours, mostly all civilians.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317910/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Yes, brilliant expose.  McNamara crunched the numbers and calculated what no-one aroiund wanted to hear.....that it was impossible for the US to win that war.

With the Fire Bombing of Japan, what many dont realise is that Japanese Cities then were mostly wooden.  Add to that the inhumane use of incendary bombs (napalm), most Japanese cities were already more than 50% destroyed BEFORE the nuclear bombs were dropped.   This fact prompted McNamara to ask why was it necessary to drop them.  We all know the answer to that.

The Hunt for the World's End Killers

Summary: Astonishing archive footage reveals how policing underwent a revolution throughout the decade, fuelled by advances in forensic science, DNA fingerprinting and information technology. The program also reveals how the FBI’s pioneering advances in forensic psychology led to hopes that psychological profiles of the World’s End killers could be created. Retired DCC Tom Wood reveals that he travelled to the FBI's headquarters with files on the unsolved murders from the late 70s in search of answers.

In the late 80s, advances in DNA fingerprinting technology also brought hope to the detectives on the case. Some biological evidence had been discovered on Helen Scott’s coat, and forensic scientists succeeded in using it to obtain a clear DNA profile. However, when they tried to match it with existing DNA profiles held on police records across the UK, no match could be found.

Through the 90s, further advances in forensic science meant that DNA analysis became both more sensitive and more effective. A reanalysis of the stain on Helen’s coat revealed that there was more than one person’s DNA present. This second sample was examined and matched to notorious sexual offender Angus Sinclair, who was serving two life sentences in Peterhead Prison.

Investigators then desperately try and discover which other murders might have been committed by Sinclair, and this episode reveals how the first trial against Sinclair would go on to controversially collapse. It would take a change in the law and a new advance in forensic science to see him finally brought to justice.

or the World's End Killers

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, proton said:

will have a look but if these aliens are so advanced how come their ships can crash, or be seen on radar?

Some aliens are probably more advanced than others. And why should they worry about being seen on radar, seems like nobody can catch the little bleeders anyway.

????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

SAS Rogue Heroes

This new one from the creator of Peaky Blinders is getting good reviews.

Summary: The six-part drama is based on Ben Macintyre's SAS: Rogue Heroes book, which charts the creation of the famed Special Forces unit.

Complete season 1 is on TGx.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

Some aliens are probably more advanced than others. And why should they worry about being seen on radar, seems like nobody can catch the little bleeders anyway.

????

Everybody has a cellphone, but nobody can get a decent picture, always blurred or out of focus. Why?

• Like 1

Acapulco (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

Series 2 of Acapulco has arrived. Not a bad light comedy.

The Watcher (TV Mini Series 2022) - IMDb

I found The Watcher a worthwhile watch! Thanks for the recommendation.

The White Lotus (TV Series 2021–2022) - IMDb

The second series of The White Lotus is only a shadow of its former series.

Different hotel and location, maybe only one of the original characters. Not so funny.

21 hours ago, recom273 said:

Currently watching Gangs of London - it has to be the most violent series ever

Thanks for that - I do not watch many TV series but thought I would try it out ...

The first 2.5 minutes hooked me !

• Like 1