If you are listening to music - What's Playing ? (2022)

CharlieH

In the bars in Pattaya, there is constant tension over the music. The older Farang customers want to hear ancient songs from their youth, but the Thai ladies can’t stand that stuff.

The bargirls, especially when they are drunk, want to hear Thai music, mostly Isaan morlam. But, it literally drives the customers away.

A working compromise, at least in the past five years, is Latin tropical music, like this:

The customers and the bargirls will tolerate it.

The only problem is that nobody understands the lyrics. Except for me, which is kind of a nightmare for me.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In the bars in Pattaya, there is constant tension over the music. The older Farang customers want to hear ancient songs from their youth, but the Thai ladies can’t stand that stuff.

The bargirls, especially when they are drunk, want to hear Thai music, mostly Isaan morlam. But, it literally drives the customers away.

A working compromise, at least in the past five years, is Latin tropical music, like this:

The customers and the bargirls will tolerate it.

The only problem is that nobody understands the lyrics. Except for me, which is kind of a nightmare for me.

Yes,to those folk i would say,if you want my money you will have to

play the music i like.If not,i just walk on.

You call it ancient,that already shows the camp you are in.

There is a lot of music i will listen to if the rest of the environment is ok.

Why would Latin music be ok?and what influence do the girls have on the music played?

I just basically know where i can go to enjoy some good music and good sound.

This combination is very important to me,louder is not always better.

Mixing up different styles of music is fine and getting it right is very important for a business but mostly over looked.

Just now, jvs said:

Yes,to those folk i would say,if you want my money you will have to

play the music i like.If not,i just walk on.

You call it ancient,that already shows the camp you are in.

There is a lot of music i will listen to if the rest of the environment is ok.

Why would Latin music be ok?and what influence do the girls have on the music played?

I just basically know where i can go to enjoy some good music and good sound.

This combination is very important to me,louder is not always better.

Mixing up different styles of music is fine and getting it right is very important for a business but mostly over looked.

You are talking to someone who saw Led Zeppelin live. That’s the camp I am in.

But, I know from experience that a happy bargirl is preferable to one that is annoyed by old folks’ music.

Not that long ago, I was in a bar band in the US, playing for boomers. You would think that they would go for Classic Rock, but what they wanted was 40s music, from before they were born. So, yeah, I can relate to bargirls having to work in an environment where they have to listen to music from before they were born.

And then there are gogos that constantly play trance, enough said about that.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:31 AM, Danderman123 said:

You are talking to someone who saw Led Zeppelin live. That’s the camp I am in.

But, I know from experience that a happy bargirl is preferable to one that is annoyed by old folks’ music.

Not that long ago, I was in a bar band in the US, playing for boomers. You would think that they would go for Classic Rock, but what they wanted was 40s music, from before they were born. So, yeah, I can relate to bargirls having to work in an environment where they have to listen to music from before they were born.

And then there are gogos that constantly play trance, enough said about that.

Bar girls are employed to make us happy  not  the other  way round.  Also they can learn. I live in Pattaya which  has the worst  music scene of any  place in the world.  Yesterday in a bordello  they were  playing ACDC thinking  it might please  old  people but music isn't about age- it's about intelligence  and context. Yes I saw  Led Zeppelin, the Who, Floyd etc and am sickened by Bar music in Pattaya.  Two years ago in the  UK the pubs in Bristol  and South London were  playing great music- a selection  that spanned  the years.  It was a  joy.