sea tran ferry closed down after jan 11 due to covid?

yogi yogi

Just now, KhunLA said:

Lack of customers will do that.

if that is true then ko tao must be hurting. i would assume massage shops are closed?  restaurants and dive shops are only part time opening...................its the chicken ,  egg analogy.  tourist done come cause shops not open.  shops not open cause tourists dont come

Yep, surely it's been deader than dead, the past 2 ish years, unless anyone is dumb enough to believe the posting of business owners stating all is normal, and places are packed & partying till the wee hours.

8 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

if that is true then ko tao must be hurting. i would assume massage shops are closed?  restaurants and dive shops are only part time opening...................its the chicken ,  egg analogy.  tourist done come cause shops not open.  shops not open cause tourists dont come

I think the 11 January voluntary ferry suspension is pre-empting the omicron surge caused by the domestic travel during the current holidays. Friends in the hospitality business in Bangkok are suggesting that a greater degree of lock-down that will impact social mobility and activities is in the pipeline for next Friday's CCSA presentation. Not the 'Full Monty' like we had in 2020 but the reintroduction of some measures seen in 2021 as they kick the Covid can down the road.

BTW, where does Covid fit into your chicken/egg analogy?

11 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

shops will open quick if tourist come lol

it takes 5 minutes to throw a mattress on the floor.. and sit outside shouting "maaaassaaaaage!!" ????

Check boonsiri from bkk khaosan. Their office is open. 

Maybe once weekly they will run bus and speedboat. 
also option to koh samui and from here some random boat. They must be doing supplies to the island, taking those stranded. Even those to visit immigration on samui

Edited by internationalism