Thailand reports 3,112 new COVID-19 cases, 12 deaths, 2,921 recoveries

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

I'd much rather be here in thailand during all this madness,than any where else. Chilling on a beach enjoying my days while the rest of the world is enjoying endless lockdowns. Life in Thailand is good for us farangatang.  ????????????

Don't look up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

I agree if you’re here permanently or for a reasonable amount of time and are willing to enjoy the more peaceful aspects of Thailand.  Not so good if you’re a 2 week millionaire that’s just arrived?

A friend of mine was due to arrive on the 30th under test and go. However after they suspended all new applications I told him not to bother. 

Also not so good if you're not retired and work in an industry that relies on tourism and expats coming over for long stays. In my case not so good because of school for my daughter as its bound to be closed again soon. They are back on Wed from the xmas holidays but with Omicron now in Phuket how long that will last is questionable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

That's why unbelievers such as you need to get a hold of yourselves, pack your <deleted> up and go... while you still can.

Party's over Bob, time to go home.

I think your confused dude. I am far from an unbeliever....lol

Home is Thailand.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thailand can have a look at Oz to see what can/will happen down the track.

Snipit from ABC news 

"Queensland has recorded 3,587 new cases of COVID-19.

The state now has 16,688 active cases.

There are currently five patients in intensive care, but none of them are on ventilators, with 112 patients in total requiring treatment in hospital"

This is from a state that had now cases not long ago. 

Fortunately the hospitalizations and ICU numbers are low.

The vacation rates in Oz very high..

Over the coming few days and weeks we're going to see what effect Omicron has on a well vaccinated and boosted old age population in the UK.

If the results are bad, I anticipate Thailand will go in to a Chinese style lockdown, as there really are no half measures with this variant.

But who knows with this country!

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

How many times do we have to say this over and over again?

The vaccines and their subsequent booster jabs does not make you immune to the virus, you can still get it, become an infection carrier, etc, etc, etc.

It merely serves as a booster to your immunity defenses, and that's it. The sooner people understand that, the better it'll be for everyone.

It's mainly the silver bullet mRNA boys that can't accept this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

How many times do we have to say this over and over again?

The vaccines and their subsequent booster jabs does not make you immune to the virus, you can still get it, become an infection carrier, etc, etc, etc.

It merely serves as a booster to your immunity defenses, and that's it. The sooner people understand that, the better it'll be for everyone.

Did I say the vaccines are an end all. Try again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A semi flatline inspired by omicron cases and how they have been doubling everywhere else daily.  That should give you the answer to testing.

Sorry @stag4 there should have been an "as" in between the highlighted how and they. Testing is also far and few between.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

I agree if you’re here permanently or for a reasonable amount of time and are willing to enjoy the more peaceful aspects of Thailand

Been nearly 2 years now.... getting tired of it. Way back last year, just after the first lockdown was cancelled, and many GGBs etc opened while there was a dearth of tourists..... well that was a good run despite midnight closures! (March 2021?)

Edited by jacko45k

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thailand can have a look at Oz to see what can/will happen down the track.

Snipit from ABC news 

"Queensland has recorded 3,587 new cases of COVID-19.

The state now has 16,688 active cases.

There are currently five patients in intensive care, but none of them are on ventilators, with 112 patients in total requiring treatment in hospital"

This is from a state that had now cases not long ago. 

Fortunately the hospitalizations and ICU numbers are low.

The vacation rates in Oz very high..

Screenshot 2022-01-01 at 23-43-37 WA tightens borders as Omicron ENGULFS Australia.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A number of colleagues (two of whom had just returned from Christmas in the UK) have tested positive (ATK) since arriving back in Thailand.

Why didn't I think of travel back home over Xmas. 

Were they surprised..

7 hours ago, anchadian said:

Richard Barrow

@RichardBarrow

Jan 2

Bang Lamung district of Chonburi, which includes Pattaya City, saw a big jump in #Covid19 cases today compared to last month. Health officials are asking people who visited entertainment venues over the new year to do an ATK test and to closely observe their symptoms. #Thailand

Quote Tweet

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports

· Jan 2

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 442 new cases today which is a big jump compared to last month. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (33), Si Racha (32), and Bang Lamung/Pattaya (342). There are 2,736 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1477451736100990979

And these results might be from PCR takeen several days ago as well before the new years eve drink up.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

non mrna, I thought that was obvious but obviously not to you.

Truth be told, I wasn't even aware there were non-mNRA vaccines on the market yet (apart from the Sinopharm <deleted>).

I'm still waiting on the regular Sanofi-GSK-Pasteur regular non-mRNA vaccine to come out, was slated for December 2021 and it's now been pushed back to March 2022 at the earliest.

It was not that obvious to me, frankly.

2 minutes ago, stigar said:

I just had omicron.I would be really happy to give that o u so u could stop calling it just like a cold.I get serious sick.So stop his BS

It has affected many folks in different ways.  Both my children in the US have had Omicron, one healed in 3 days and the other after a week is still battling the symptoms.  However, as my daughter, the Nurse practitioner is seeing, it is a severe upper respiratory cold with some having night sweats, but if you take the right precautions it does go away fairly quickly versus the Delta and other variants.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Truth be told, I wasn't even aware there were non-mNRA vaccines on the market yet (apart from the Sinopharm <deleted>).

I'm still waiting on the regular Sanofi-GSK-Pasteur regular non-mRNA vaccine to come out, was slated for December 2021 and it's now been pushed back to March 2022 at the earliest.

It was not that obvious to me, frankly.

Well the AstraZenica vaccine is an adenovirus vaccine as well as J&J, there are a few others in production as well.  It has never been about MRNA vaccines only and maybe that is why folks continue on about the vaccines being experimental, when they really are not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Home is where you decide to make it, and of what you decide to make of it.

I beg to disagree Ryan, if things were that easy, I'd be either living in the USA or Canada or Thailand or Hong Kong right now. Those are the only 4 countries that I find appealing to me (for different reasons in each case though).

True we will never be citizens but then those on green cards in the US are not citizens either.

I do believe that those living in the USA holders of a green card have more rights than those of us living in Thailand with the Thai pink ID card.

Playing by the rules and doing what's needed by those rules goes a long way forward in making a place feel like home.

Maybe. Probably even. I'll give you that one.

Having a child, and I have a half Thai child now in the US with my ex wife, does not grant one any status here in Thailand even when they were here, it in fact creates another layer and obstacle.

Actually it has helped me pleading my case to junior Thai immigration officers on several occasions during these past 9 years, "Why you stay Thailand 2 much sir?" and "What u do in Thailand?", then showing them my Thai kiddo's birth certificate would then ease the situation 90% of the time.

As always I do understand your key point, however, unless you had a run in where you bowed your back there are always ways around certain obstacles.

When I was asked to shell out 5k THB to round the edges, it was fine, I turned a blind eye, when then I was asked to shell out another 10k THB to smoothen my entries-exits into the Kingdom, it was fine as well it was nothing to me, however when they started asking 15k THB every 2 weeks regardless of me entering or exiting the Kingdom, I knew this was becoming an unstable and unhealthy relationship with the local authorities on the long run.  I had to do what I had to do.

The Thais greed has no limit and this is how in several ways they have killed the golden goose.

Covid has shown many peoples true colors and many can not handle what this government is doing

It's not just the government Ryan, it's every single Thai you come across eventually, from that maid cleaning your hotel room all the way to those politicians convicted of serious drug charges in Australia, flown back in emergency to the Kingdom to eventually get offered yet another prominent position into this (joke of a) government.

The facts are the facts, living here is still is a far better cry than living elsewhere

Not to me. I'm pretty satisfied where I am right now to the point I'm seeking ways to bring the Thai kids and the 2nd Thai wife over here and potentially staying where I am.

Omicron has shown to be a real fast mover and if it continues in the way it is moving then this pandemic will become endemic and we can all return to a somewhat abnormal life while looking over our shoulders.

I'm not seeing it happening. With that said, I hope I'm wrong. 

Have a good sunday.

Edited by NanaSomchai
Just formatting.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1