Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

18 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Shall i show you my travel records? I left Pattaya 19 November   4 trips in 2021. 4 quarantines (14/14/7/7days) so dont tell me what i saw.  I speak daily with my friend and i can send you plenty of photos maskless farangs.  I despise unvaxxed and unmasked when it seems to drag out this covid in Thailand and elsewhere.  

797C4A32-A232-41DF-BB24-C2798D3C1CBF.jpeg

2 tourists with no masks? What does that prove? I'll stick to what I originally said, most people are wearing masks. 

Here is a paragraph from the Thai embassy in NZ to answer entry into Thailand

For your information, Thailand Pass is closed for all new Test and Go and Sandbox applications (except Phuket Sandbox), starting from 00.00 hrs. On 22 December 2021 until further notice. New applicants will not be able to register for Test and Go and Sandbox measures (except Phuket Sandbox). Thailand Pass will only accept new applicants seeking to enter Thailand under Alternative Quarantine (AQ) or Phuket Sandbox only. For further information please visit https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/content/thailand-pass?cate=5d75e39215e39c06b8005479

22 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Here is a paragraph from the Thai embassy in NZ to answer entry into Thailand

For your information, Thailand Pass is closed for all new Test and Go and Sandbox applications (except Phuket Sandbox), starting from 00.00 hrs. On 22 December 2021 until further notice. New applicants will not be able to register for Test and Go and Sandbox measures (except Phuket Sandbox). Thailand Pass will only accept new applicants seeking to enter Thailand under Alternative Quarantine (AQ) or Phuket Sandbox only. For further information please visit https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/content/thailand-pass?cate=5d75e39215e39c06b8005479

However it does not address those already approved for the Test N Go and who it was initially said would be allowed entry under the program as they had already been approved and allowed in up until the dates on the approval.  Nothing anywhere has been actually certified yet on those folks having to enter by the 10th or for those with approvals having them canceled.  To much hot air is being spewed and causing many to become flustered.  Hot air by Anutin and those few others sound like gospel truth to some but it is not.  Until its printed I would accept what has been written in the past and those already approved to be let in until it has been posted in the Royal Gazette.  Speculation is just BS and causes heartache for many.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

Hahaha imagine getting tested in front of Treetown just for some girls and bring them home and get diseases after... and the people in moon outfits are really looking scared of the people... it looks like we are living in a movie and I truely cannot believe this. I will just buy a bottle and call birds to my room. Why are guys so despred? They really stick something in their nose just to drink beer in a bar with sweaty people and girls who push you for a drink. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

However it does not address those already approved for the Test N Go and who it was initially said would be allowed entry under the program as they had already been approved.  Nothing anywhere yet on those folks having to enter by the 10th or those approvals being canceled.  To much hot air is being spewed and causing many to become flustered.  Hot air by Anutin and a few others sound like gospel to some.  Until its printed I would accept what has been written in the past and those already approved to be let in until it has been posted in the Royal Gazette.  Speculation is just BS and causes heartache for many.

My nerves are giving up, most likely i will rebook everything to enter Thailand before 10th using Test&go program

Edited by ololosha
  • Sad 1

On 1/3/2022 at 1:10 PM, Screaming said:

This is a good idea. There are many foreigners that are entering Thailand with the new brand of Covid. I would like to see a fourteen day quarantine also reinstated for new entries. The January 15 opening of bars should also be moved up until the middle of next year on the new fears of covid.

Clown. I went to 2 weeks ASQ. Was 3 days out, got covid in Thailand. Do you think Thailand is a holy safe place with no diseases?

3 minutes ago, ololosha said:

My nerves are giving up, most likely i will rebook everything to enter Thailand before 10th using Test&go program

Not sure that can be accomplished, unless you come in under the Sandbox or the AQ program.  

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure that can be accomplished, unless you come in under the Sandbox or the AQ program.  

What do you mean? 

I have approved QR code for test&go program which local embassy will adjust to the needed dates. All they need is my flight adjusted to the new dates and SHA plus hotel 1 night adjusted to the new dates. Email from the embassy:

You now have two options

1. Wait until the official confirmation/explanation of the new rules.

2. Change your flight and hotel reservation now to arrive in Thailand within 10th January. If you choose this option, please send us a revised flight and revised hotel with new check in date (inclusive of PCR tests) to this email. But kindly note that nothing is yet confirmed. We cannot give any official information about the new rules. The deadline may or may not be imposed. Even if it is imposed, it may or may not be 10th January.

6 minutes ago, E020 said:

Clown. I went to 2 weeks ASQ. Was 3 days out, got covid in Thailand. Do you think Thailand is a holy safe place with no diseases?

Somebody needs a plate "sarcasm" 

Edited by ololosha
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ololosha said:

What do you mean? 

I have approved QR code for test&go program which local embassy will adjust to the needed dates. All they need is my flight adjusted to the new dates and SHA plus hotel 1 night adjusted to the new dates. Email from the embassy:

Somebody needs a plate "sarcasm" 

I was under the view that you could move the dates outbound and not bring them forward by 72 hours.  Maybe I have it backwards.  If your within the time frames I say go for it, if not then re-apply.

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I was under the view that you could move the dates outbound and not bring them forward by 72 hours.  Maybe I have it backwards.  If your within the time frames I say go for it, if not then re-apply.

As they've explained me in the embassy: you do not need to adjust the QR code if your flight is within 72h. If not - you can adjust it providing the documents they've mentioned in the email.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ololosha said:

I can't wait till Friday. If it's released on Friday it means I have few hours to rebook tickets/Sha plus and change the QR code for my TP in the embassy (as well as thousands of other people, which is just impossible timewise) to enter Thailand by the 10th...

I would start the process immediately if I were you. 

Edited by tso310

I see so many here try to be positive and many is hearsay.I would suggest that the people hoping this and that wait until friday.Everybody here know things can change wery fast.I hope everybody get a positive msg on friday.

3 hours ago, ololosha said:

I can't wait till Friday. If it's released on Friday it means I have few hours to rebook tickets/Sha plus and change the QR code for my TP in the embassy (as well as thousands of other people, which is just impossible timewise) to enter Thailand by the 10th...

I'm in the same boat. If no news later today (in the next few hours) nothing for it but to rebook my flight to end of March and buy myself a flight to Brazil. I also need to juggle my flights with car rentals here in Europe. Can't afford to get dragged along much longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackGats said:

I'm in the same boat. If no news later today (in the next few hours) nothing for it but to rebook my flight to end of March and buy myself a flight to Brazil. I also need to juggle my flights with car rentals here in Europe. Can't afford to get dragged along much longer.

And what if they'll stay closed in March? April... and so on ????

My goal is: no matter what to enter Thailand using test&go QR code this or next week

8 minutes ago, ololosha said:

And what if they'll stay closed in March? April... and so on ????

My goal is: no matter what to enter Thailand using test&go QR code this or next week

That's a possibility. But is entering a country that is to remain closed and in lockdown for the next 3 months a good idea? I risk losing my visa extension though (deadline May 2nd). But this "Thailand or nothing" is beginning to tire me down.

I see that I may need to start pumping money out of TH through my Thai debit credit card, with a view to disengage myself for good.

I don't want to do a 16-day quarantine again.

Edited by JackGats
spelling
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ololosha said:

Exactly

Wow!

I would stay 3 to 6 months in TH. Anyway, if a quarantine is required your holiday reduces at best to one week, at worst to zero.

I miss Ko Chang though.

P.S. I assume you have already paid for your stay in Ko Chang.

Edited by JackGats
post-scriptum

7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Wow!

I would stay 3 to 6 months in TH. Anyway, if a quarantine is required your holiday reduces at best to one week, at worst to zero.

I miss Ko Chang though.

If i enter with test&go no qurantine is required (1 day to get PCR not counting) 

I would also stay in TH for 3-6 months if i had this option, but you know, family, school, work, business... 

7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

P.S. I assume you have already paid for your stay in Ko Chang.

Paid for everything relying on Test&go program. No cancelation option, can only change dates

Edited by ololosha

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

However it does not address those already approved for the Test N Go and who it was initially said would be allowed entry under the program as they had already been approved and allowed in up until the dates on the approval.  Nothing anywhere has been actually certified yet on those folks having to enter by the 10th or for those with approvals having them canceled.  To much hot air is being spewed and causing many to become flustered.  Hot air by Anutin and those few others sound like gospel truth to some but it is not.  Until its printed I would accept what has been written in the past and those already approved to be let in until it has been posted in the Royal Gazette.  Speculation is just BS and causes heartache for many.

Agree ,  I have just been reading the official statement and it does say that all approved and registered applications can enter Thailand in accordance with the approved measures . There are no additional requirements under approved measures bar 1 and that is the 2nd pcr test that will be free of charge . So where in the detail is the 10th of January shown on this official Royal Thai Embassy announcement ? Has that statement been published in the Gazette ? If someone was unaware of the pa-lava and taking the embassy statement as correct guidance , they would be still planning to travel to Thailand in mid January . 

5 minutes ago, superal said:

Agree ,  I have just been reading the official statement and it does say that all approved and registered applications can enter Thailand in accordance with the approved measures . There are no additional requirements under approved measures bar 1 and that is the 2nd pcr test that will be free of charge . So where in the detail is the 10th of January shown on this official Royal Thai Embassy announcement ? Has that statement been published in the Gazette ? If someone was unaware of the pa-lava and taking the embassy statement as correct guidance , they would be still planning to travel to Thailand in mid January . 

That is the announcement that people are waiting for... if they are still allowed to enter with test&go (booked before 22nd December) after 10th January. 

I predict that phuket sandbox will be scrapped on friday..it will be replaced with a 15-16 days quarantene.(worst case scenario)or people have to stay in phuket at least 2 weeks beore can go other places.I hope im wrong,but i dont trust this goverment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

I predict that phuket sandbox will be scrapped on friday..it will be replaced with a 15-16 days quarantene.(worst case scenario)or people have to stay in phuket at least 2 weeks beore can go other places.I hope im wrong,but i dont trust this goverment.

Scaremongering much

So its the Friday CCSA meeting now. I suspect that a lot is going on behind the scenes between the 'we want to keep total control (Anutin)' and 'we can live with this (Prayuth)' camps. I think Anutins 'I am ready to be PM' news conference really upset Prayuth. I note that I can still book a flight from LHR-BKK for next Tuesday.

And on another note I see the UK gov is reviewing the pre-departure tests for UK arrivals.

Edited by tso310

Latest word I hear on decision is Friday the 7th...why did they say 4th.

Anyway done with this idiotfest (lack of) leadership...cancelled my flight.

Hello Thailand October 2022...sick if their flip-flopping...hammered on cancellation fees...I just suggest anyone booking through skyscanner check the small print from their travel agents as the cheapest ones are usually nailing you on flight date changes..but you old long-in-the-tooth guys know this already.