Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Here is a paragraph from the Thai embassy in NZ to answer entry into Thailand

For your information, Thailand Pass is closed for all new Test and Go and Sandbox applications (except Phuket Sandbox), starting from 00.00 hrs. On 22 December 2021 until further notice. New applicants will not be able to register for Test and Go and Sandbox measures (except Phuket Sandbox). Thailand Pass will only accept new applicants seeking to enter Thailand under Alternative Quarantine (AQ) or Phuket Sandbox only. For further information please visit https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/content/thailand-pass?cate=5d75e39215e39c06b8005479

Thank you. This would mean TPs for arrival after the 10th are void. Those arriving after the 10th must apply from scratch for an AQ.

Wait a minute, no, that info is 10 days old. The issue is with already approved TPs with arrival after the 10th. Embassies always show stale infos alas.

Edited by JackGats

10 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Thank you. This would mean TPs for arrival after the 10th are void. Those arriving after the 10th must apply from scratch for an AQ.

Wait a minute, no, that info is 10 days old. The issue is with already approved TPs with arrival after the 10th.

But why come in the first place have you seen how died everywhere is now .

I would actually cancel everything right now.. 

20 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Wait a minute, no, that info is 10 days old. The issue is with already approved TPs with arrival after the 10th. Embassies always show stale infos alas.

Sorry but your reading it wrong.  If approved already they were allowing them to enter the country under the Test N Go just added a second test to be done.  There are approximately 90k folks in this boat.  We need to wait until Friday and see what rolls on out.  Initially when they stopped the applications they said they would allow those with approval to enter the country.

2 minutes ago, ololosha said:

Maybe because this is exactly what you would like to see: virgin Thailand (islands) without crowds of tourists? 

This is just becoming a vicious circle and people are getting hurt no fun seeing people getting hurt honestly.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

This is just becoming a vicious circle and people are getting hurt no fun seeing people getting hurt honestly.. 

I understand you, but please, blame government and not people who are still, despite all the struggle, are willing to come to their favorite Thailand 

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I wish. I remember the days when Cha Weng beach had only a handful of tourists on it.

cha weng 2.JPG

cha weng beach.JPG

I have similar photos from Patong beach from December 1983. Can't believe how much Patong has changed in 30 years. Wish I had also gone to Samui back then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tso310 said:

I have similar photos from Patong beach from December 1983. Can't believe how much Patong has changed in 30 years. Wish I had also gone to Samui back then.

I actually found it boring. It was my first trip overseas and I went straight to Samui because I had heard tales of it from the hippies who arrived in Australia after the overland trip from London. I stayed there for a few days and was depressed that I found it boring after high expectations. Then I realized the problem; it was sun, sand and coconut trees and nothing else. Just like home. So, I went to Bangkok and took a plane to Kathmandu. That wasn't like home and I was happy. There I met some hippies who took me to Soi Cowboy and Phuket on the way back. Here are some pics of Soi Cowboy and of Ao Sane beach on Phuket. We rented bungalows under the trees for 50 baht a night. Sorry for drifting off topic.

ao sane 2.JPG

soi cowboy, jan 1980.JPG

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Here an hour of a walk through.? 

Excellent video !

And this was when Test and Go was still in operation!!!

If this doesn't put casual holidaymakers off Thailand then they're more dedicated than I!

I really hate to be so depressing but I think he's right...this isn't going to end any time soon....????

The comment at the end "I'm free but I'm not punching the air" even after going through all the procedures pretty much said it all.

I have to admit that I'm one of the "give it a miss for this year" guys....but I don't have commitments in Thailand so it's relatively easy for me. 

Anutin has just proposed moving the last entry date to 15 Jan. This was taken from Richard Barrow's excellent Facebook page and was linked back the Thai language newspaper Daily News. Probably a thread on this will be starting soon.

"The Minister of Public Health says he is proposing for the deadline for Test & Go people to enter the country will be extended to 15th January. Announcement expected on Friday after CCSA meeting.
He also noted there is a problem with some foreign tourists entering the country with fake insurance policies."
  • Like 1

Good folks - if you haven't picked up on any of the ongoing chaotic confusion and revised non-committal by the mindless Thai authorities,  than you probably have it comin' to ya. A smidgen of understanding of how things are done here would be helpful. Check your naivete' and thickness at the door.

Don't bother committing to any such travel/entry until they've completed sorted it out - which might be a while. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Good folks - if you haven't picked up on any of the ongoing chaotic confusion and revised non-committal by the mindless Thai authorities,  than you probably have it comin' to ya. A smidgen of understanding of how things are done here would be helpful. Check your naivete' and thickness at the door.

Don't bother committing to any such travel/entry until they've completed sorted it out - which might be a while. 

So harsh. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 4:16 AM, Daithi85 said:

2 tourists with no masks? What does that prove? I'll stick to what I originally said, most people are wearing masks. 

Most thais yes.  Let me send you an album. I only sent you ONE photo. . 555. And i thought i was stubborn.  EVERYONE not most should be doing their part. 

41 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Most thais yes.  Let me send you an album. I only sent you ONE photo. . 555. And i thought i was stubborn.  EVERYONE not most should be doing their part. 

I agree with u, it is annoying when people don't wear masks, I see it at the elevator in my condo every day. There is always a few who don't follow the rules. 

• Like 1