Day 5-7 PCR TESTNGO

gungadin1

33 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

Only just realised.

????

34 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

Is it free?

Supposed to be.

Did you do your test and Go in a Pattaya hotel? If so I would give them a call and ask if you can do it there. Presumably they are still doing it for new guests?

30 minutes ago, topt said:

????

Supposed to be.

Did you do your test and Go in a Pattaya hotel? If so I would give them a call and ask if you can do it there. Presumably they are still doing it for new guests?

Yes did it at Green Park Naklua.Maybe I will drive down there.She has a little booth outside.will ask

Edited by gungadin1

It is free

it is a shambles

when you arrived they would have told you to photo a QR code which lists the hospitals you can do it at and a contact number to call. 
they will send you a registration form to fill out (which was completely ignored at jomtien hospital. We were all standing around waiting to be tested when some guy comes and tells us that if you arrived on or after the 26th December, come back tomorrow)

the QR code I took a photo of is attached. No idea if it’s updated or what. Contact them to make the booking.

D374199B-15FF-477D-B113-FD008A7C3CF1.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

It is free

it is a shambles

Hmm, agree with the 'shambles' thing. Got a list of participating hospitals in the Chiang Mai area from the MOPH web site. One was a hospital we regularly use so I went there on a Sunday (big mistake) they had never heard of Test&Go. Another, Lanna Hopsital (also private) I sent an email to their Customer Relations Department and am still waiting for a reply. Thewre was a government hospital quite near but when we got there we were told (despite calling in the morning to make an appointment) it was a two hour wait outside with all the sick people coughing and spluttering around us.

We went back to the original hospital during the week and amazingly the weekly crowd had heard of T&G! Took our Thailand Pass QR codes and passport/ID numbers so I assume they updated something (poilce haven't arrested me yet).

As for the cost, it didn't help we had lost our pink slips which maybe were "get out of jail free" cards. But they just laughed when I said it was free ('funny felang always with the jokes") and charged us 3000 baht a pop. Ah well.

So the Pattaya City Hospital is just refusing to do the PCR tests even though they are on the list of government hospitals which are supposed to do the testing!

They just send everyone to Banglamung hospital. Basically just a single hospital doing the free test for whole Pattaya. Amazing Thailand.

6 hours ago, Alldar said:

So the Pattaya City Hospital is just refusing to do the PCR tests even though they are on the list of government hospitals which are supposed to do the testing!

They just send everyone to Banglamung hospital. Basically just a single hospital doing the free test for whole Pattaya. Amazing Thailand.

Thanks glad I saw your post was gonna go tomorrow.What would happen if you didn't go at all?nobody seems to be chasing anyone to go

18 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

Thanks glad I saw your post was gonna go tomorrow.What would happen if you didn't go at all?nobody seems to be chasing anyone to go

To be honest I would like to know as well. I called my hotel when it happened and they told me that maybe I can self-test my self using ATK test. But I don't want to risk it because I signed a paper that I will get tested using PCR test.

If you will go to Banglamung hospital note that they test only for 2 hours from 9am till 11am. And they are basically only hospital doing the free PCR tests for whole Pattaya. It will be fun tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Alldar said:

I went to Banglamung Hospital first thing in the morning (8am) for my PCR and was told to wait in line with the crowds of people that were diagnosed with COVID and going into quarantine. Turned around and left absolutely stunned. I've tried four hospitals in total. I'll be overdue on my test from tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, ewingjm said:

I went to Banglamung Hospital first thing in the morning (8am) for my PCR and was told to wait in line with the crowds of people that were diagnosed with COVID and going into quarantine. Turned around and left absolutely stunned. I've tried four hospitals in total. I'll be overdue on my test from tomorrow.

That is insane. So what will you do? Go to Banglamung again or is some other hospital doing the test? I haven't seen any other hospital from Pattaya on the list..

1 minute ago, Alldar said:

That is insane. So what will you do? Go to Banglamung again or is some other hospital doing the test? I haven't seen any other hospital from Pattaya on the list..

I believe the only other option is Vibharam Hospital in Laem Chabang about 20km away. I was told at Jomtien Hospital that they're doing the tests until 5pm. I tried to pay the 3,500 at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital but they said they couldn't do the Test & Go tests plus they didn't have any appointments until well after my 7th day. I'll probably make one last attempt at Laem Chabang.

11 minutes ago, Alldar said:

I'd be interested in hearing what your experience is at Banglamung tomorrow if you go. We couldn't see any signs directing us to where the PCR tests were being done. When asked, three separate members of staff pointed us and others at this queue at the back of the hospital. The suitcases give it away, but someone there confirmed that they were going into quarantine.

1641289358625.thumb.jpg.580d8dc51dd76b2aea62dc8bb5859a1d.jpg

7 minutes ago, ewingjm said:

I'd be interested in hearing what your experience is at Banglamung tomorrow if you go.

When I see the picture I really don't know if I will go there. I would probably get covid after tomorrow's testing. Not sure what to do now.

10 hours ago, Alldar said:

When I see the picture I really don't know if I will go there. I would probably get covid after tomorrow's testing. Not sure what to do now.

I'm overdue with mine tomorrow.Today day 7.

Ive done 3 lateral flow tests all negative.

I am going to upload a negative lateral flow on the app if I can and plea ignorance.after this shambles and looking at that photo at covid central hospital it is insane.im at home alone,haven't been out anywhere

10 hours ago, Alldar said:

My Mrs told me a lot of people aren't bothering at all according to what she's read Thais not farang

13 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

I'm overdue with mine tomorrow.Today day 7.

Ive done 3 lateral flow tests all negative.

I am going to upload a negative lateral flow on the app if I can and plea ignorance.after this shambles and looking at that photo at covid central hospital it is insane.im at home alone,haven't been out anywhere

“On the app”? I’ve not read anywhere or been told about any app to upload results to.

20 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

“On the app”? I’ve not read anywhere or been told about any app to upload results to.

Morchana app.i didn't know either.thought it was on line app somewhere

So much info with jetlag on arrival that didn't know anything.they made me put on phone on arrival at hotel.it has medium risk at the moment.i had alert last night to say upload day 7 results im gonna try upload lateral flow and say I got sent home from.banglamung and Pattaya city

Edited by gungadin1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gungadin1 said:

Morchana app.i didn't know either.thought it was on line app somewhere

So much info with jetlag on arrival that didn't know anything.they made me put on phone on arrival at hotel.it has medium risk at the moment.i had alert last night to say upload day 7 results im gonna try upload lateral flow and say I got sent home from.banglamung and Pattaya city

Ok thanks. No one has mentioned it to me at any stage of the pre, at and post arrival. I’ll try and find it.

54 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Ok thanks. No one has mentioned it to me at any stage of the pre, at and post arrival. I’ll try and find it.

Oki don't know whether to go banglamng and risk catching covid in all those people or not go pleading ignorance.like I said before a lot of people online haven't bothered because they don't know where to go or anything else.i couldn't remember having pink slip given to me in all the confusion until I found it yesterday

14 hours ago, ewingjm said:

Did you get it sorted?I'm overdue tomorrow

5 hours ago, gungadin1 said:

Did you get it sorted?I'm overdue tomorrow

Haven't got sorted yet. I also got the notification on MorChana with what appeared to be a link to somewhere to upload the PCR result to. When I tapped on the notification, it pretty much just disappeared and I couldn't find the link or anything related in the app. I may also just try to upload an ATK test (which I'm doing daily) on there.

1 hour ago, ewingjm said:

Haven't got sorted yet. I also got the notification on MorChana with what appeared to be a link to somewhere to upload the PCR result to. When I tapped on the notification, it pretty much just disappeared and I couldn't find the link or anything related in the app. I may also just try to upload an ATK test (which I'm doing daily) on there.

Yes mine disappeared too.

Hotel emailed me said report via link on that app which I can't because disappear or telephone hotel.They gave me a list of hospital and none were in Pattaya I thought but Jomtien is the only one on there written in Thai not English.Im getting sick of all this

Edited by gungadin1

2 hours ago, gungadin1 said:

Yes mine disappeared too.

Hotel emailed me said report via link on that app which I can't because disappear or telephone hotel.They gave me a list of hospital and none were in Pattaya I thought but Jomtien is the only one on there written in Thai not English.Im getting sick of all this

I got the notification today again. Rather than opening it, I just typed the URL into a browser. I tried filling out the form and submitting a negative result with a photo of an ATK test, but I keep getting a generic error message back. Perhaps because I'm just putting N/A for the Lab Number

image.thumb.png.ed13160d52aa7326b6d5662651fc5c36.png

34 minutes ago, ewingjm said:

I got the notification today again. Rather than opening it, I just typed the URL into a browser. I tried filling out the form and submitting a negative result with a photo of an ATK test, but I keep getting a generic error message back. Perhaps because I'm just putting N/A for the Lab Number

image.thumb.png.ed13160d52aa7326b6d5662651fc5c36.png

Which url is it?

I tried the url the hotel sent me and won't work

1 hour ago, gungadin1 said:

Which url is it?

I tried the url the hotel sent me and won't work

I typed this one up from the notification.

IMG_20220106_214042.thumb.jpg.27ab208b32b9280372bdced2c382d45f.jpgThere should be a bunch of random characters at the end. I've just crossed these out as I think it's the ID they use to tie the form to an individual.

So I was today at Banglamung hospital and thank god I got this over with. I arrived around 9:20am and there were exactly 200 people before me. First you had to fill in some paper with your details and then wait in first queue for registration (passport + pink slip needed). Then you wait for the vial and then you wait for the test. I had the test done at 11:30, so I was waiting for about two hours.

What was not nice there was no distancing, people everywhere around you. And worst thing was that there were whole Russian families with small kids who didn't have face masks and were coughing a lot all over the place.

1 hour ago, Alldar said:

So I was today at Banglamung hospital and thank god I got this over with. I arrived around 9:20am and there were exactly 200 people before me. First you had to fill in some paper with your details and then wait in first queue for registration (passport + pink slip needed). Then you wait for the vial and then you wait for the test. I had the test done at 11:30, so I was waiting for about two hours.

What was not nice there was no distancing, people everywhere around you. And worst thing was that there were whole Russian families with small kids who didn't have face masks and were coughing a lot all over the place.

Were you queueing in the same place shown in my photo or was it somewhere else?