lucky to be in Thailand

cmarshall

Guest Isaanlife
On 1/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

It may be cheap, but I bet it's not nearly as good as Thailand to live in ( for those with money ). For starters, how many died in Thailand from hurricanes, tornados etc, how many died from being shot, how many gangsters are roaming the streets of Thailand looking to mug some passerby, etc.

6504 Hurricane Fatalities in Florida since 1900. https://www.google.com/search?q=alltime+hurricane+deaths+in+florida

How many road deaths in Thailand?

It's senseless to try to compare a country with 333,000,000 to Thailand with 66,000,000

The best place to live is where you are happiest. There is no sense arguing about it.

Everyone has the own choice, knocking someone because they didn't choose the same as you is silly.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:55 AM, olfu said:

...lucky to be in Thailand?

For you it maybe, for me  its Florida, USA.

As I said before US is cheapest country in the world if you know what you doing.

Yes & no ... what if I don't want to live in FL, as I lived in PA, high RE tax, sales tax, income tax, mandatory auto & health insurance.  What I'd spend on taxes & ins, per month, is the cost of living here.   And healthcare is a joke, as 2 monthly premiums is more than I spend a year here, complete yearly check up & meds.

FL has homestead / RE allowance, a plus, but them yearly storms kept my out, as a retirement place.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:50 PM, BritManToo said:

Don't care about COVID, no worse than the Flu or a cold for me.

Let those already at deaths door, stay at home where they're safe.

I'm happy to be in Thailand, with my woman and kids.

Your visdom and vit kills me every day, keepém coming and make my day ????

Thanks

57 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Your visdom and vit kills me every day, keepém coming and make my day ????

Thanks

The misses just got a warning letter from the Chiang Mai Police.

She tells me it says ..............

"You should not go out for the next 14 days".

But when I read the letter it seems to be saying the police shouldn't go out for 14 days ......

1641526845276.thumb.jpg.33240c9f487a0bcefd71a5cc4760f7db.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The misses just got a warning letter from the Chiang Mai governor.

She tells me it says ..............

"You should not go out for the next 7 days ....... COVID is everywhere in Chiang Mai".

Where I live, the village boss just turn on his speaker play music first and then start telling the todays news and orders 5:30 in the mornin. Brilliant system 

10 hours ago, burner2014 said:

With all that criticism we gave the government not providing early enough vaccines, Thailand did a great job once the vaccine was available. 

Yes, although it could have been better.  The country with the highest vaccination rate in the world is Cuba.  They were able to achieve this impressive result, because they did not wait until the rich countries released some of their vaccine hoard to the poorer ones.  Historically, because of the trade embargo by the US Cuba could not buy ordinary vaccines at all.  So, twenty-five years ago Fidel decided to spend one billion dollars to develop their own vaccines of all kinds.  When Covid arrived the Cubans quickly developed five Covid vaccine candidates.  I think they achieved the 90% vaccination rate using two of them.  Cuba has a population of 11 million and a GDP pf $100 billion.  So about one sixth of Thailand on both counts.

Thailand can and should launch its own national program to develop and test vaccines to avoid have to wait for the crumbs of the rich nations in the next pandemic. 

21 hours ago, Hummin said:

Where I live, the village boss just turn on his speaker play music first and then start telling the todays news and orders 5:30 in the mornin. Brilliant system 

That's one of the many reasons I never would live in the outback ????

On 1/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Feeling safe is very important to our well being, but it’s not the same thing as being safe.

OK, have it your way. I WAS safer in Thailand than in my own country or the UK.

The worst I faced was having to run to avoid the katoey pickpocketers waiting outside Pattaya's Walking Street.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, Hummin said:

I'm pretty sure we got the monks chanting earlier than that, on village speakers of course.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:37 PM, Isaanlife said:

6504 Hurricane Fatalities in Florida since 1900. https://www.google.com/search?q=alltime+hurricane+deaths+in+florida

How many road deaths in Thailand?

It's senseless to try to compare a country with 333,000,000 to Thailand with 66,000,000

The best place to live is where you are happiest. There is no sense arguing about it.

Everyone has the own choice, knocking someone because they didn't choose the same as you is silly.

I wasn't aware that I was "knocking someone". Far as I'm concerned I was just saying why I disagree that the US is better than Thailand.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm pretty sure we got the monks chanting earlier than that, on village speakers of course.

At least they do not use speakers, at least where we are, and we are quite far away from the speakers to, so not really a problem for us. 500m to the shcool, 400m to the last speaker, and about 300m away form houses.