Red Bull Boss: Time is running out to prosecute rich scion - Will justice prevail in the end?

webfact

On 1/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, RobU said:
On 1/5/2022 at 2:17 PM, bigupandchill said:

Nothing will bring the policeman back - at least this way his family is compensated in a way that actually helps them.

He was single he had no family the amount paid was a pittance

B3,000,000 was not considered "a pittance" to the members of his family who weren't supported, financially, by him and who agreed on the amount.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, Sunnny said:

Money has a sacred meaning in Thailand. You cannot imprison somebody having billions of dollars. In some ways, it would be similar to imprisoning the Saint. No, not in Thailand. Never.

Premchai Karnasuta would vehemently disagree with you!

"...it would be similar to imprisoning the Saint"

How could a fictitious character be imprisoned?

On 1/6/2022 at 1:50 AM, Hanuman2547 said:

Has the Thai government revoked/cancelled his passport?  Does he have citizenship in another country and travels on that passport?  I'm assuming that all of his Thai assets have been frozen but obviously he has overseas based assets and family support.  

Yes, his passport was revoked years ago.

His assets have not been frozen, how could they be?   Being wanted for a traffic offence, which is what he is charged with, does not mean that his assets can be frozen.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 1/6/2022 at 3:39 PM, RJRS1301 said:

There are people trained in rendition of others, mostly trained by military and available for hire, if they really wanted him back here., he would have been here a long time ago.

Bounty hunters aren't legal here.    There's no point in getting him back here illegally, the case against him would just be thrown out!

They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. They police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us.

The Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand (ACT) is one of the most feeble and ineffective of all the tools Prayuth has used to deceive the people into believing that he is fighting corruption. Who was the last high level authority, in the police, immigration, the army, or the active administration they arrested, charged, tried convicted, and sent to prison? Nobody. Zero. Nunca. Nada. Why? Because Prayuth has had a mandate from the beginning to do the very opposite. To protect the elite, the super wealthy who are guilty, those that are connected, and those who are in power. Just think Dark Tao. Just think Red Bull. The list goes on, and on, and on. Only the most naive amongst us believe he or ACT secretary-general Mana Nimitmongkol are sincere about this. 

It barely matters. These guys are above the law. Any and all laws. The only time they are arrested is when it becomes big news, or it is reported internationally, and Thailand gets a ton of egg on it's face. And even then, it normally does not result in a conviction. Very, very few current (not former) police, immigration, customs, cabinet officials, army officials, or administration officials are arrested here, tried, convicted and imprisoned.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 12:06 PM, Artisi said:
On 1/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, smedly said:

I was under the impression that people could be charged and convicted in Thailand in their absence - a law that was changed years ago, if they chose not to be present then their problem

But not applicable to "some" people....... 

Yes, those people would be those charged with political corruption, no one else.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only.

In some cases, for example where the public’s help is needed to locate an individual or they pose a threat to public safety, a public extract of the Red Notice is published on this website".

Yes, it is a shame we can't actually see any proof if a red notice has been issued for him or not.

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

B3,000,000 was not considered "a pittance" to the members of his family who weren't supported, financially, by him and who agreed on the amount.

So you'd be ok if I ran over a member of your family while driving dangerously and at speed, high on drugs and drunk, if I made a cash payment?

How much would you be looking for? Couple of million be ok?

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you'd be ok if I ran over a member of your family while driving dangerously and at speed, high on drugs and drunk, if I made a cash payment?

I neither said, nor implied, that.   Why would you, bizarrely, think that would be the case?

He has been charged.  Trial in absentia doesn't happen here for criminal cases, he has the basic legal right to attend his own trial and if a trial was held without him (it wouldn't be) any verdict would be invalid.

I can understand that he'd have the right to attend his own trial but preventing justice by not turning up looks a bit dodgy. 

I neither said, nor implied, that.   Why would you, bizarrely, think that would be the case?

Your posts appear to condone paying off the victim's family as culturally acceptable. 

"We" don't need to see any proof.  Someone has already posted the original publicly shown notice here.

Which is either no longer public or has been withdrawn, thus, at this moment, we don't have any definitive proof that there is a red notice out for Boss Red Bull. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Your posts appear to condone paying off the victim's family as culturally acceptable. 

No, my posts don't condone it, neither do they condemn the practice, I just pointed out that that was what had happened in this case.   Having said that, compensation paid to victims families is "culturally acceptable" in Thailand.

26 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

"We" don't need to see any proof.  Someone has already posted the original publicly shown notice here.

Which is either no longer public or has been withdrawn, thus, at this moment, we don't have any definitive proof that there is a red notice out for Boss Red Bull. 

No one has to give "us" definitive proof that a notice has been issued, the RTP have reiterated several times that there is one in effect.   They've not really got any teeth, anyway, they're just advisory notices that member police forces can choose to disregard if it suits them.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand cannot revoke his Thai citizenship.

That would be an easy enough fix, though, because they already have a paragraph that deals with loss of Thai citizenship, but it applies so far only to Thai citizens who have a foreign father, but were born in Thailand. Just add another appendix that says citizenship can be revoked if a Thai citizen flees the country to avoid prosecution and that’s that! He certainly would deserve it! And while they’re at it revoke Thaksin’s as well! 

17 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

That would be an easy enough fix, though, because they already have a paragraph that deals with loss of Thai citizenship, but it applies so far only to Thai citizens who have a foreign father, but were born in Thailand. Just add another appendix that says citizenship can be revoked if a Thai citizen flees the country to avoid prosecution and that’s that! He certainly would deserve it! And while they’re at it revoke Thaksin’s as well! 

I thought Mr T's had already been revoked

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why have a go at countries other than Thailand?   He's not wanted in any other country, hence he has free passage.

Simply based on the fact they turn a blind eye;

- Last I read there was an International Arrest Warrant issued for him

- Was his Passport not revoked?

Yet seemingly he enjoys free passage in/out of territories (or could it be a case of he has lots of money) hence my ref to other countries

You seem to have all the answers so just answer them two, Thanks

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean abduct him, illegally?  Love to see how that would go down in court!

A "reward"?   You think this is the wild west? 

Rewards are paid around the world for information leading the to the arrest/conviction of criminals.  Does your city/state/country not pay rewards?  Check out the USA FBI website for the list of rewards (some total over $10 million USD).

- (edit) Seems like your home country (I'm guessing UK - "Liverpool") is part of the "wild west" as they have a reward program through their "crimestoppers" website.  Seems like something you should have known...hmmmmm... me smells a troll.

"Abduct him, illegally?"... Yes!  Do you honestly think the Thai prosecutors will care how he ends up back in Thailand? - as long as he's there.

Edited by mudpuppy
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Lokie said:

Yet seemingly he enjoys free passage in/out of territories (or could it be a case of he has lots of money) hence my ref to other countries

Which passport might that be, do you really believe he can travel the world on a Thai passport? 

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How could it when he's being held in jail awaiting his trial?   He's not on the run.

Today my friend, he is in jail, tomorrow??   One never knows, methinks he will do a runner while out on a medical or some other reason.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, pacovl46 said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand cannot revoke his Thai citizenship.

That would be an easy enough fix, though, because they already have a paragraph that deals with loss of Thai citizenship, but it applies so far only to Thai citizens who have a foreign father, but were born in Thailand. Just add another appendix that says citizenship can be revoked if a Thai citizen flees the country to avoid prosecution and that’s that!

Not "an easy fix" at all.   In the circumstances that are being discussed here, international law prevents countries from revoking a national's citizenship if it would leave them stateless.

11 hours ago, Lokie said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why have a go at countries other than Thailand?   He's not wanted in any other country, hence he has free passage.

Here's your answers.

1.  There is no such thing as an "international arrest warrant" (read the Interpol website).  Some people, wrongly, refer to Red Notices as such but they are just advices to member police forces, they are not arrest warrants and no members have any obligation to act on them.  

2.  Yes, his Thai passport was revoked 5 years ago.  Thailand cannot revoke passports issued by other countries so he has free passage based on whatever passport he uses.  Vorayuth is not wanted for any offences in any country except Thailand.

You're welcome. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mudpuppy said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean abduct him, illegally?  Love to see how that would go down in court!

A "reward"?   You think this is the wild west? 

Rewards are paid around the world for information leading the to the arrest/conviction of criminals.  Does your city/state/country not pay rewards?  Check out the USA FBI website for the list of rewards (some total over $10 million USD).

- (edit) Seems like your home country (I'm guessing UK - "Liverpool") is part of the "wild west" as they have a reward program through their "crimestoppers" website.  Seems like something you should have known...hmmmmm... me smells a troll.

"Abduct him, illegally?"... Yes!  Do you honestly think the Thai prosecutors will care how he ends up back in Thailand? - as long as he's there.

Rewards are paid around the world for information leading the to the arrest/conviction of criminals. 

Rewards are not normally offered by Thai authorities.

"Seems like your home country (I'm guessing UK - "Liverpool") is part of the "wild west" as they have a reward program through their "crimestoppers". website". 

No, the UK does not have "a reward programme".    "Crimestoppers" is an independent charity, it has nothing to do with, nor is it funded by, the state.  Seems like something you should have known if you looked at it's website!

""Abduct him, illegally?"... Yes!  Do you honestly think the Thai prosecutors will care how he ends up back in Thailand?".

Yes, I know for a fact that the prosecutors would care.   Vorayuth's lawyers would have any conviction quashed if the case wasn't immediately thrown out of court.  Those involved in his abduction would then be the ones being prosecuted.

Thank God you don't work in any legal capacity.