Red Bull Boss: Time is running out to prosecute rich scion - Will justice prevail in the end?

webfact

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There does not appear to be a ‘current red notice’ for Vorayuth "Boss” Yoovidhya.

Someone with connections has rescinded it ?

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices

1386398662_Screenshot2022-01-05at13_08_58.thumb.png.d03e58500bcebd035a77af024963e56f.png

Thats a very interesting link, 12 Thais wanted (I would say 9 of them are linked to issues in the south) plus 3 others whose photos are about 30 years younger than their current age plus one young Vietnamese guy. No red bullers in there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

But he has not faced the consequences of the justice system. 

Being inconvenienced is not quite the same has facing justice no matter the spin you wish to place on the situation. 

Do you think the family of the deceased would have preferred trail to the huge cheque they likely received?

• Like 2

"The media ended their article saying that justice could still prevail.

But time is running out and the Thai authorities will hopefully take the last few chances available for that justice to be served."

Perhaps they ended the article a bit early? Justice could still prevail...pigs could one day grow wings and fly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

This Cause célèbre continues to be quoted round the world as evidence that Thailand is as bent as a nine-bob note.  Justice is for sale here.

It's rarely  mentioned in International  press. Evidence  of corruption,  however, is the coup and the current rulers.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you think money cleanses a criminal act ???

It is irrelevant what the family received as compensation - that is separate from the legal proceedings and criminal justice sought by the state. 

Nothing will bring the policeman back - at least this way his family is compensated in a way that actually helps them.

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

An excuse refuted by authorities. Recreational  coke and dental  coke show differently on blood tests.

yeah the recreational generally cut with other stuff, sometimes speed or cleaning powder, depending on the supplier and closeness to source

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigupandchill said:

He likely paid off the family to their satisfaction, brought great shame to a high profile thai family and has not been able to openly travel back to his home country - his actions surely had consequences.

Surely you are not suggesting that the consequences he has 'suffered' sufficiently pay for the crime?

Edited by Spock
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

An excuse refuted by authorities. Recreational  coke and dental  coke show differently on blood tests.

Dental "coke" is I believe "Novocain" i.e. "Novocain is used as an injection during surgery and other medical and dental procedures." (Also called "Procaine) :-

Novocaine is the brand name for a local anesthetic called procaine. It is a local anesthetic medication that is used to numb a particular part of the body.

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

After that only the most serious charge - negligent driving causing death will remain.

That has a 15 year life span and so runs out on September 3rd 2027.

Which is when he will return a free man... 

I use the term man very loosely

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigupandchill said:

He likely paid off the family to their satisfaction, brought great shame to a high profile thai family and has not been able to openly travel back to his home country - his actions surely had consequences.

"has not been able to openly travel back to his home country.................."

Oh, what a shame!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

Dental "coke" is I believe "Novocaine" i.e. "Novocain is used as an injection during surgery and other medical and dental procedures." (Also called "Procaine) :-

Novocaine is the brand name for a local anesthetic called procaine. It is a local anesthetic medication that is used to numb a particular part of the body.

And your point is? Your comment  is irrelevant  to the fact that recreational  and medical cocaine are different  and importantly   they are detected  as different  on blood tests for forensic/criminal/ law enforcement  purposes. 

• Like 2

Imagine if it were you or I.

Completely different outcome.

Next Iit will be the same stories regards to the rich Chinese as they slowly buy LOS.

Maybe not tomorrow but eventually LOS will be the same as  Hong Kong..

We can all have our opinions but LOS will never change for the West..

As the policeman once said to me " you came here of your own free will. Thailand didn't ask you to come. If you don't like it your country awaits you"

Guess what? He was correct.

• Like 1