Red Bull Boss: Time is running out to prosecute rich scion - Will justice prevail in the end?

webfact

It is one thing that this lout evades his responsibility. What's even worse is that his parents don't take their responsibilities seriously and can't teach their spoiled son what it means to be grown up and full of character. Giving a 20-year-old a Ferrari is probably the stupidest thing parents can do, and they disqualify themselves. And if that is Thailand's highest society, then good night .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why am I not surprised?  Only been coming to Thailand since 1972 and lived permanently for the last 17 years.  If one has the $ to payout so that he can run, it does appear that even murderers can get away without justice prevailing.  Let's hope someone in a ranking position fixes this problem among the many problems that do remain.  While saying this, don't get me wrong, I love Thailand and most of the people.  They have always treated me with respect and a smile.  I chose this as the place to stay until my final days but am having second thoughts on that lately.  Hope all stay healthy and safe this year!  Sawaddi Pimai

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigupandchill said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you think money cleanses a criminal act ???

It is irrelevant what the family received as compensation - that is separate from the legal proceedings and criminal justice sought by the state. 

Expand  

Nothing will bring the policeman back - at least this way his family is compensated in a way that actually helps them.

You fail to recognise why laws exist in the first place.... 

Allowing someone to get away with something because they have money enables other wealthy people to act with flagrant disregard for the law and lives of others. 

Thus, your implication that a ‘pay off’ is sufficient does nothing to protect the rest of society. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drenddy said:

I really don't understand why this story keeps going.

In Thailand they like to pretend they are doing something. Which is one step up from places like China and Russia where they simply ignore anyone who disagrees, jails them or makes them disappear. That way, Thailand can avoid sanctions in its personal affairs, while others who ignore or mis-use the law do not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

And your point is? Your comment  is irrelevant  to the fact that recreational  and medical cocaine are different  and importantly   they are detected  as different  on blood tests for forensic/criminal/ law enforcement  purposes. 

I would have thought that my "point" (pun intended!) was obvious as an answer to somebody who thought that he was under the influence of cocaine because he had been to the dentist! In retrospect, I should have addressed my post to the person who made that inane suggestion - my apologies if you took it as a contradiction of your comment.           

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

This Cause célèbre continues to be quoted round the world as evidence that Thailand is as bent as a nine-bob note.  Justice is for sale here.

"as bent as a nine-bob note". Good British phrase, as Al Murray would say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stoutfella said:

"as bent as a nine-bob note". Good British phrase, as Al Murray would say.

My memory tells me that it should be "as bent as a curly pin"? I think also that the expression was "as queer as a nine bob note"?

They should just revoke his citizenship and blacklist him for life so he will never be able to come back! 

Because the way I see, it the day after the last charge has expired, he’ll fly back back in with a big <deleted> smile on his face like nothing happened! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thailand could ‘easily’ adjust its laws and commit to trail in absentia.

The elephant in the room.... Do they really want to ?

Of course not. They got their brown envelopes. I wonder how much money has been spent by that brat’s family to keep him out of harm’s way. 

9 hours ago, smedly said:

I was under the impression that people could be charged and convicted in Thailand in their absence - a law that was changed years ago, if they chose not to be present then their problem

Didn't they do that to Thaksin and his daughter? But the same as this guy, they were allowed to leave taking a great deal of money with them>

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

This Cause célèbre continues to be quoted round the world as evidence that Thailand is as bent as a nine-bob note.  Justice is for sale here.

No different from most of the rest of the world. If you have money and connections, you can get away with anything.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks this rich brat will spend even one minute in jail needs to have their head examined. Thailand is corrupt to the core, money is king in this country. And his family has oodles of money, so he will always have an endless supply of ‘get out of jail free’ cards, no matter what. Nothing you can do about it, TIT. 

• Like 1