Fugitive former PM Thaksin suggests Thailand needs a "smart leader" - HIM!

webfact

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You're so right: Never again let the old elite and it's proxy Sonthi Limthonkul pay yellow shirt low lifes for rioting.

Ever heared of Sonthi and his curriculum vitae?

I experienced the red mob for months in Bangkok. Never again!

• Like 1

"They were mostly about him and his yearning to return. "

Yes I remember when he had one of his video rallies and he had to have another one a few days later as he's spent the whole time talking about himself and forgotten his supporters.

14 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Thaksin was as corrupt as any "leader" before and after him.

But Thailand was a more free and better place then.

indeed, it was, and as much as I hated him back then, I wish he was to return and replace the current broken leadership

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You're so right: Never again let the old elite and it's proxy Sonthi Limthonkul pay yellow shirt low lifes for rioting.

Ever heared of Sonthi and his curriculum vitae?

Conveniently, none of those principles ever suffered for their heinous activities. Protected, one and all.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

A persistent smear job by The Nation newspaper has convinced a lot of expats he was a criminal.

With hindsight and reviewing his criminal record today I'd say 'The Nation' were 100% right. He is a 'criminal' and was convicted so. And his sister Yingluck. Another one that done a runner.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I was watching some old videotapes and I said to my partner that Thai people looked more happier than nowadays.. It was in the time of Thaksin indeed, and the country did much better than after the coups we had. But he had to leave in fact for the reasons of non tax paying, and with his leaving the country went down..... and  now the Thai people are not happy anymore. Yes it is time to change, but it will be very difficult as long as the army is in charge

Some of it may be everyone having access to the internet and seeing how the rest of the world really lives. Everyone wants better lives and opportunity to do better. When they feel they can't get that...and things get worse with increases in the concentration of wealth...

• Like 1

There is a clearly a distinction among the commentators here.

Those that read The Nation….. and those that have read the very informative banned books published about politics by authors that had to flee the country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Despite being corrupt, he got things done. 

Only because it suited his agenda. He used the masses (poor) as his tool to get rich. 2 Billion USD currently. Thai working the fields, currently 400Baht a day if he's lucky.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 1