Fugitive former PM Thaksin suggests Thailand needs a "smart leader" - HIM!

webfact

Fugitive former PM Thaksin suggests Thailand needs a "smart leader"

Is he implying that his "clone" wasn't smart enough? Or that at the time his sister was PM Thailand did not need a smart leader, but now it does? Why, what happened...?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Smartest leader Thailand ever had. Yep, he dipped the till just like the rest, and?

Nearly every Thai I know would take him back in a heartbeat.

A case of the devil you know than the devil you don't..

Problem is if that's the best Thailands got it's future is screwed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Yes it is time to change, but it will be very difficult as long as the army is in charge

But what is it that the military are doing wrong that makes people want change. I don't see the military being oppressive. They don't impose any restrictions or oppressive measures on folk out in Isaan so what are they doing wrong?

• Sad 2

For once I agree - he certainly has the best leadership qualities. The one-eyed among the blind; not perfect but certainly better than this circus full of clueless clowns lying and cheating to each other nonstop. 

Lets wait and see - tik tok tik tok tik tok. 

Next call will be 23 May 2022; that's when Uncle Too has been in the driver seat for solid eight years; the limitation of premiership as written in the latest version of the local constitution. Either amend the constitution, throw it overboard completely or dust the sedan chair of the second most important wig in the land! 

6 hours ago, mokwit said:

In the words of Gen Prem to a diplomat - "maybe in a coffin"

And there you have it. The cubed root of <deleted> all to do with what he did (or didn't do) for the country, absolutely no notice whatsoever notice taken of the (how often expressed?) will of the people ( that account might just be called in one day), but quite simply because he is a threat to the corrupt cronyism that holds sway.

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Smartest leader Thailand ever had. Yep, he dipped the till just like the rest, and?

Nearly every Thai I know would take him back in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

as in the army you obey orders from your superiors

That applies to you from birth. You get told by your parents. You get told by you teachers you basically obey anyone 'superior' to you. It's not just an 'army' thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

But what is it that the military are doing wrong that makes people want change. I don't see the military being oppressive. They don't impose any restrictions or oppressive measures on folk out in Isaan so what are they doing wrong?

With respect sir:  Can't see the forest for the trees!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

That applies to you from birth. You get told by your parents. You get told by you teachers you basically obey anyone 'superior' to you. It's not just an 'army' thing.

Obey in these cases is not the word... of cours eyou obey your parents, but in my life there was always space for discussion, mutual respect, willing to compromise .. yes even in school and we were taught that nobody was ' superior" to you.....A difference with the culture here, were older brother or sisters can command the younger ones..As there was a story in a book that mother wanted to read the newspaper that was laying next to father and mother asked the eldest sister to give her the newspaper , but she told her younger brother to it andn it was written that he to do it, as I commented in my country it would never happen... He would say " do it yourself"

10 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I agree but behind the scenes we didn't know of his illegal land deals that he and his wife, at the time, carried out. And his illegal share dealings. For that he was sentenced to five years for illegally holding shares in the state's phone concessionaires and conflict of interest. We were all well hoodwinked.

Is it possible that we are still well hoodwinked  ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Thaksin was as corrupt as any "leader" before and after him.

But Thailand was a more free and better place then.

Sorry I dont agree with you, Taskin was the one that started the crack down at immigration. clamped down on Visa runs, required more documentation to get visas, clamped down on overstay, No longer was it just a fine now possible deportation and black list for overstaying. 

I agree he did some good (great) things for Thailand, the economy was booming, allot of foreign investment and a generally good feeling in Thailand.  

7 minutes ago, ericthai said:

Sorry I dont agree with you, Taskin was the one that started the crack down at immigration. clamped down on Visa runs, required more documentation to get visas, clamped down on overstay, No longer was it just a fine now possible deportation and black list for overstaying. 

You're right with that. I did not refer to immigration rules.

• Like 2