Entering Chaeng Wattana

In one of the newspapers today there's a picture with a subtitle "No test, no entry" and following text "A visitor to the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road gets her nose swabbed for a Covid-10 test".

Do all visitors to Immigration there now need to get their nose violated? Or is it just for workers there?

And if the former, is it free?

Edited by Oxx

I thought that the announcement on 30 Dec meant just employees, but it was confusing. And if the requirements were "AND", or "OR". Vaccinated, tested, screening form (already in use for a while AFAIK).

https://aseannow.com/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page/288/#elControls_17086920_menu

Where they (Staff at CW) will face new requirements.

from Bangkok Immigration Facebook page, via the Government Complex FB page.

Again, for STAFF only, not "customers". (But the message is confusing, shocker.)

Government Complex Enhance protection measures "Omicron"

Clearly reiterate! Have government officials and operators show their ATK results before entering the building. Ready to serve people for the new year Thanarak Asset Development Co., Ltd. (Bank of Ayudhya), the executive of the Government Center Chaloem Phrakiat Chaengwattana, reiterates clearly!

Serving the people with safety must be the number one priority, revealed on January 4, 2022 onwards, government officials, officials and workers in various buildings within the Government Center. Ready to raise the level of prevention measures against Covid-19, the Omicron strain, to the highest level by cooperating to show ID card together with negative ATK test results if returning from abroad. or come from a high-risk area with an outbreak in the last 14 days. An Antigen Test Kit (ATK) must be tested on the day of work and the result is negative. before entering the building

For people who come to contact within the Government Center Evidence is required before entering the various buildings: 1) Evidence of complete 2 injections of vaccination 2) A negative Antigen Test Kit (ATK) result within 72 hours 3) Doing a COVID-19 risk screening form at the entrance to the building If found to be at risk traveling from abroad or coming from different risk areas where there is an outbreak of disease will not be allowed to enter the building But if necessary, an Antigen Test Kit (ATK) should be checked immediately before entering the building. and environmental department Laksi District Office will go into the inspection in order to continue in accordance with the measures of the CCC

immcw1422.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

So what happens if you tick 'not vaccinated' and also tick 'No' to 'do you have negative ATK result'? Just to be clear, does that mean that you must take an ATK test on the spot?

Does the ATK test mentioned in No.6 include DIY tests? (or is the Name/Tel details intended to be those of a doctor?)

Given the circumstances of this paranoia, is there any alternative way to do a retirement extension without physically going to Chaeng Wattana?

1 minute ago, Mr Derek said:

does that mean that you must take an ATK test on the spot?

This one is my best guess based on published info. Practically it may be up to the screener.

Prayut did mention that all on-site employees must have an ATK test on the first day (4 Jan) and be tested every three days.

The Prime Minister emphasized the importance of taking preventive measures after New Year like wearing masks, washing hands, maintaining social distancing, using ATK tests, and working from home for 14 days. People who need to work on-site must take ATK tests before going to work and again every three days for assurance. He assured that the government will keep a close watch on the situation and consider appropriate measures to ensure the safety of the Thai people.

20 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This one is my best guess based on published info. Practically it may be up to the screener.

Prayut did mention that all on-site employees must have an ATK test on the first day (4 Jan) and be tested every three days.

The Prime Minister emphasized the importance of taking preventive measures after New Year like wearing masks, washing hands, maintaining social distancing, using ATK tests, and working from home for 14 days. People who need to work on-site must take ATK tests before going to work and again every three days for assurance. He assured that the government will keep a close watch on the situation and consider appropriate measures to ensure the safety of the Thai people.

Okay, but for visitors to CW it's not clear whether that is a DIY ATK or some kind of an 'official' one. 

I would like to know whether we can do a DIY test the day before and declare that on the form. If not, and a test has to be done immediately before entering the building, do they provide the ATK test kit or do we have to take our own?

Just had report from member that attended CW yesterday.

Form to fill in with more boxes to tick than before (his words).

Simple questions on form such as have you been here there etc.

No vaccination status checked or rapid covid test result required. 

• Thanks 1

I did my extension this week and a Covid 19 Screening form needs to be fill and presented at entrance to the building. Iam fully vaccinated and they just take the form no question ask or verification. did not see anybody doing any testing or asking for a COV (Certification of vaccination). You can download the from my link and just fill it up. Happy New Year and stay healthy brother.

Covid 19 Screening Form.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The only thing you need to do is complete a form to enter Chaeng Wattana. I received info about it by PM from a reliable source.

This is the form they will give you to complete.

IMG_20220104_074151.jpg.3ccd3065c4f23bdccfad0e2ac3b407f7.jpg

Can confirm this from today's visit.  They took my filled out form and sent me on my way.

Edited by emanphoto
  • Thanks 1

lagarto, that's the old form. Look at the sample ubon joe posted, (the one I sent him from a photo I took on Tuesday morning,). Totally different form now.

On 1/6/2022 at 5:12 PM, lagarto said:

I did my extension this week and a Covid 19 Screening form needs to be fill and presented at entrance to the building

You are correct, fill out the form and go in. I'm triple vaxxed but marked not vaxxed and got right in no problem.

IMG_20220104_074151.jpg

The forms posted look exactly like the one I was required to complete to enter Samitivet hospital. I believe it is a government standard form. The idea behind it is to try an identify those who may be at greater risk of being infected (the "RISK ASSESSMENT" questions), and to prompt testing of the "high risk" individuals before allowing entry. Those not considered at risk are allowed to enter under the normal protocols (mask, alcohol hand wash, etc.).