Thailand’s COVID-19 alert level raised to 4 amid increasing infections

webfact

I happen to know for a fact that one village in the NE has covid in at least 4 households, all of whom are isolating, but are not reporting to the authorities. The village is handling it it's own way, and I might say, sensibly. So assuming other villages throughout Thailand are also taking their own measures, then the numbers reported are just that...........numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Partenavia said:

I happen to know for a fact that one village in the NE has covid in at least 4 households, all of whom are isolating, but are not reporting to the authorities. The village is handling it it's own way, and I might say, sensibly. So assuming other villages throughout Thailand are also taking their own measures, then the numbers reported are just that...........numbers.

The numbers are way way higher than reported, there is no doubt about that.

3 hours ago, ThLT said:

"Open up, let the cases rise into their hundreds of thousands"?

And also,

- Let hospitals completely fill up

- People dying from not having medical attention?

All so you can have a cold beer at Nana Plaza? ????

Yes

• Sad 2

Yes cases are way up and deaths continue to decline around the globe, as they've been for a full year. 

15 hours ago, ThLT said:

All so you can have a cold beer at Nana Plaza?

Had a few there last night! Bangkok has and always will put Pattaya/Jomtien out to pasture when it comes to the "pooying". The talent level was off the charts...and they actually smiled and talked. Loads of bars open along Sukhumvit, Soi 4 (Nana), Soi 11 among others.

Beer Garden was dead, but it was early. Thermae was closed. And Soi Cowboy looked deader than Beer Garden yet had an ATK test site & check at the entrance. ???? Most people just walked away, as I did. :cheesy: Spend my elsewhere, without the covidiocy. ????

1641515849423_copy_1200x1600.thumb.jpg.78a143e366a65bdc1b0b0741bca47b79.jpg

1641515849407_copy_1200x1600.thumb.jpg.221a9816d5cba661ef1376dec4dbb008.jpg

Edited by Skeptic7

21 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Lockdowns and restrictions don’t work. They just prolong the pandemic.

Open up, let the cases rise into their hundreds of thousands  and let people get on with life. 

The aim is to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed until more people can get vaccinated. They are just buying time. There is no effort to stamp out the virus now, the anti vaxers have won. In my state, you can't leave home without a vax certificate. Sensible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Lockdowns and restrictions don’t work. They just prolong the pandemic.

Open up, let the cases rise into their hundreds of thousands  and let people get on with life. 

They work.... when fully implemented, as in Australia and new Zealand ...maybe China too, but cannot trust their statements. Also if the objective is to flatten the curve, again they do. 

Why do you suggest a method 'to let people get on with life' that will actually produce more death....?

• Like 2