Thai woman’s eye colour turns indigo after taking Favipiravir

snoop1130

12 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Good point. Wonder which type of Hepatitus ?  A or B or C  ?  And if you've been vaccinated for A and/or B, will you still get it ?

OH, and will someone please mark this topic for an update every month or so to see if her eyes color change back.

Hepatitis merely means 'Inflammation of the Liver' It can be caused by a virus, a bacterium or by chemicals (The inflammation in the first 2 cases is caused by chemicals released by the bacteria or virus as part of their replication process). The Vaccinations are for the first two types to prevent an infection. The vaccinations do not protect an individual from the effects of chemicals  such as Favipirapir. In such a case ceasing taking the chemical will immediately stop the irritation which caused the inflammation, however it could leave lasting damage and scarring if it is taken for too long in the same way as the chemicals from bacteria and viruses can.

So when will MY EYES change color--as of course these kind of articles are meant to mean everyone will have this from any and all vaccine in this BS anti vaxxers Covidiot rag..

turns off computer and hides under the bed to rub my amulet...thank Buddha I have my amulet!

13 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So when will MY EYES change color--as of course these kind of articles are meant to mean everyone will have this from any and all vaccine in this BS anti vaxxers Covidiot rag..

turns off computer and hides under the bed to rub my amulet...thank Buddha I have my amulet!

The apparent claim (in the OP at least) is that this is caused by an antiviral medication - not by a vaccine.

FWIW, the same thing is being reported in India. See clip below - although this doctor also says that there is no proven link to favipiravir as yet.

Favipiravir-induced blue eyes

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

... and yet, reported as a possible effect.  go figure.

No, reported as an adverse event, occurring post-vaccination.

VAERS does not provide evidence of any causal link between any of the reported adverse events and vaccines. Its reports are also not verified and may be incomplete, inaccurate or misleading.

As stated on the VAERS website:

VAERS accepts reports of adverse events following vaccination without judging the cause or seriousness of the event.

VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused an adverse event, but it is good at detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of reporting that might indicate possible safety problems that need a closer look.

[...]

Just because an adverse event happened after a person received a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused the adverse event.

VAERS FAQ

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The apparent claim (in the OP at least) is that this is caused by an antiviral medication - not by a vaccine.

FWIW, the same thing is being reported in India. See clip below - although this doctor also says that there is no proven link to favipiravir as yet.

Favipiravir-induced blue eyes

same same but different

27 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

so you know that it is not a reliable source then 

Approximately 80 % of reports are from healthcare people, and most verified.  So for me, very reliable as a reference tools.

Other opinions who don't research will obviously differ.

13 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Approximately 80 % of reports are from healthcare people, and most verified.  So for me, very reliable as a reference tools.

13 hours ago, KhunLA said:

So, we have a database that, and I quote  "The VAERS website includes disclaimers that the reports may contain “incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable” information and requires users acknowledge these limitations" 

Also, you do know that VAERS isn't suppose to be used as a way to look at the numbers and go "Ah! you see, this is a problem for sure". To quote again, "VAERS staff do not decide if the vaccine caused the adverse event." It is a guide only to further research. 

And how many people have claimed their eye colour changed on the graphic you shared? That will be 40 people.....