Test & Go Registration Stops, Sandbox in 3 More Provinces

snoop1130

นพ.ทวีศิลป์5-1024x683.jpeg-1-768x512.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 7 (TNA) – The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration continued suspending the Test & Go entry scheme, lifted its ban on arrivals from eight African countries and expanded the Sandbox entry scheme to three provinces.

CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said CCSA resolved to postpone the resumption of the Test & Go entry scheme and lift its entry ban on arrivals from eight at-risk African countries because COVID-19 outbreaks were happening worldwide.

Besides, CCSA decided to additionally implement the Sandbox entry scheme in Surat Thani (only on Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao islands), Krabi (whole province) and Phangnga (whole province) because they had effective and comprehensive disease control measures, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-857447

tnalogo.jpg

Yes, my wife and one of her friends are due out of LHR on Tuesday.

Current number of approved Test and Go passes and the expected number after cancellations as shown on the Thai CCSA TV announcement -

7-15 January: 34,801 (10,440)

16-31 January: 16,364 (4,900)

March: 468

Edited by tso310
more info
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Test and go was suspended already on 22.12. 
they are not suspending yet any thailand passes issued before that date. 
they might cancel them from 15.01 or later, subject to situation

I suspect the high number of cancellations are from Europeans destinations due to failed departure PCR test. So if 1 person fails in say a group of 4 the rest may also cancel in case they are positive in Thailand but who knows. This is a still from the broadcast, the Phuket figures are interesting.

TestandGo.jpg

55 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Test and go was suspended already on 22.12. 
they are not suspending yet any thailand passes issued before that date. 
they might cancel them from 15.01 or later, subject to situation

Yes seems still undecided.

RT@Richard Barrow 2 hours ago

"There’s been a lot of confusion about the date for Test & Go pass holders to enter #Thailand. I asked the spokesperson at @MFAThaiand he told me there is NO cut-off date yet. For sure, people can enter up until 15 January. But after that, they’re still assessing what to do."

9 hours ago, tso310 said:

Yes, my wife and one of her friends are due out of LHR on Tuesday.

Current number of approved Test and Go passes and the expected number after cancellations as shown on the Thai CCSA TV announcement -

7-15 January: 34,801 (10,440)

March: 468

If they only manage another 20,000 arrivals this month after 66% cancellations, and pitiful Feb-March figures, that 900,000 the TAT fandangoed out last year for Q1 is more likely to be 50,000 at best. And as for that 14,000,000 coming this year, even the wizard of Oz can't help them there.

• Like 1