My username  was blocked on my Krungsri, Yellow Bank, banking app. I was informed  I needed to visit my branch. I went to my lap top and had the same problem.

Krungsri must be getting serious about fraud protection because last night my Krungsri credit card got temporarily suspended. They sent me an automated email asking if the transactions were genuine, "Just answer yes or no to the email". I answered 'yes' and my credit card was working again in 10 minutes.

I have a lot of asymmetric routing on my network and the transaction appeared to Krunsri to have come from Singapore and the UK at the same time via my networking in those countries, even though I was in my office in Thailand. This was the cause of the temporary block, the IPs were listed in the email they sent me. I was actually very impressed.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you alerted the British Media of this outstanding achievement ??

I know, I know...... expectations were exceeded and you are extremely happy......... But really, so impressed you started a thread  ????

Why not It's? It's a good news story about Thailand and Thai services and the excellence of banking services  here. I thought  it might make a change.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rodknock said:

nice to hear you got someone at the bank who spoke English and cared about you as a customer, pretty awesome!!!

wish my bank was that interested in there customers.

She was telephone  support  staff on their help line. But to be honest with Krungsri  in Pattaya I always good  support  at the bank too.

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:
11 hours ago, rodknock said:

nice to hear you got someone at the bank who spoke English and cared about you as a customer, pretty awesome!!!

wish my bank was that interested in there customers.

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

She was telephone  support  staff on their help line. But to be honest with Krungsri  in Pattaya I always good  support  at the bank too.

Great to read this story. I've been a fan of Krungsri ever since I first stepped into their Sakon Nakhon branch over 7 years ago now. Thanks for the posting.

Take note of this thread @Nickelbeer (He'll know what I mean)

22 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Great to read this story. I've been a fan of Krungsri ever since I first stepped into their Sakon Nakhon branch over 7 years ago now. Thanks for the posting.

Take note of this thread @Nickelbeer (He'll know what I mean)

I strolled into their Pattaya  branch 15 years  ago with just a hotel room address  and everything  is easy.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I stolled into their Pattaya  branch 15 years  ago with just a hotel room address  and everything  is easy.

The golden times of the past. Same for me in 2009 at Kasikorn.

But I doubt it will be THAT easy nowadays?

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Well it is part of MUFG, so basically a Japanese bank.

And it's just about to take over Citibank retail banking here, if rumours are correct.

Nah. its all Thai staff who are friendly  and helpful not Japanese. A Japanese  hedge fund took over our pub and brewery bit it made no difference to day to day running. I suspect  your comment is just an attempt  to denigrate Thais but if you are correct  I do hope British  banks are taken over by the Japanese! Or better still by Thais. My Bangkok  Bank in Pattaya  gives good service and Kasikorn  here are also very good.

Lucky you. 

I had a similar problem with the ABC Bank in China. I lived in Shanghai for six years and left the account to handle a little online business I did for Chinese friends.  Worked fine with Thai ATMs until it didn't.  Turns out my Passport had expired and they needed to see the new one - in person.  No amount of talking on the phone or appeals helped - even with COVID, with China being closed for more than a year and all the rest.  Teeir answer, polite and in good English was "You have to come to China to an ABC Branch Office - oh, Hong Kong is ok too.

All for U.S. $1,000.  So good for you.

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nah. its all Thai staff who are friendly  and helpful not Japanese. A Japanese  hedge fund took over our pub and brewery bit it made no difference to day to day running. I suspect  your comment is just an attempt  to denigrate Thais but if you are correct  I do hope British  banks are taken over by the Japanese! Or better still by Thais. My Bangkok  Bank in Pattaya  gives good service and Kasikorn  here are also very good.

Not at all. I'm a happy Krungsri customer since they took over HSBC. Was just offering side news that they would soon (if not already) be the biggest retail banking giant in Thailand with takeover of Citi (which itself took over Tisco, which took over Standard Chartered)...

Btw: did a donation to a US-based charity a month back and they were on the phone and sent an email in a minute - transaction suspicious - was that me? But yes, it was me, so they thanked me for answering and unblocked the card. Appreciate their transaction oversight.

Edited by tomazbodner