Spokesman defends PM's action to protect Thailand from pig virus - no "swine fever" cover up claim

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thailand's government spokesman Thanakorn  Wangbunkhongchana said there had been no cover up when it came to the spread of the pig virus known as African Swine Fever.

The virus is prevalent at the moment in many countries especially in nations that border Thailand.

Thanakorn defended Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha's track record in this matter saying that checks had been undertaken throughout the pig farm industry.

Vaccinations had been carried out and established protocols had been followed by vets to ensure the safety of Thaland's huge pork industry. 

Thai authorities have repeatedly denied outbreaks of swine fever and have attributed most farm pig deaths to another viral disease called porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome.

African swine fever is harmless to humans but fatal to pigs and there is no vaccine against it, suggest information available online.  

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-10

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

pig virus - swine fever...

is that connected to those 6 infected "dirty farang" who recently eloped from quarantine in Koh Chang and are now feared to spread disease across the country, as reported in the below linked article?

Or am I being carried away by my own sarcastic attitude once again?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai authorities have repeatedly denied outbreaks of swine fever and have attributed most farm pig deaths to another viral disease called porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome.

Whenever I hear an official denial I know somethings amiss.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"African swine fever is harmless to humans but fatal to pigs and there is no vaccine against it, "       so Thailand has been vaccinating for it, when there is no vaccine ?

regards Worgeordie

Nicely spotted... but no cover-up?

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"African swine fever is harmless to humans but fatal to pigs and there is no vaccine against it, "       so Thailand has been vaccinating for it, when there is no vaccine ?

regards Worgeordie

I think the vax is for the pigs, not us

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

This must be the porcine post of the year. Hillarious