Having a drink in Bangkok

djayz

Haven't been out in practically 2 years and am in the mood for a pint and dinner this evening along Sukhumvit. With the never ending changes, rules, restrictions, etc., etc., etc. I have literally lost track of what's going on and have two questions pertaining to drinking and going out in Bangkok. Firstly, is there a curfew in the city nowadays and if so, what are the times? 

And, are bars, pubs and restaurants serving alcohol still/again? 

I know they sound like daft questions, but I simply haven't been keeping abreast of all these covid related changes. 

No curfew, "restaurants" are pemitted to serve alcohol until 9PM at present.

So most of the "pubs" are operating at least reasonably normally but don't leave it too late before going hunting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Take a walk and see!

Why would I want to walk into a bar/pub/restaurant only to be told that they can't serve me? What kind of a Neanderthal does that?

Thanks though, just thought of a new joke: 

Did you hear the one about the Neanderthal who walked into a pub in Bangkok? He asked for a nice, cold beer only to be told "Sorree, no hab".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like 9pm is the cut off point... So much for me getting sloshed tonight then (first time in years that I'm in the mood to have one too many) only to be told to go home at 9pm. Looks like it'll be another evening in front of the TV with a few bottles from 7/11. Oh what joy! 

Edited by djayz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, djayz said:

Looks like 9pm is the cut off point... So much for me getting sloshed tonight then (first time in years that I'm in the mood to have one too many) only to be told to go home at 9pm. Looks like it'll be another evening in front of the TV with a few bottles from 7/11. Oh what joy! 

I mean if you go out right now you still have plenty of time to get sloshed ...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, djayz said:

In the previous 9 pm cutoff period, some places kept on serving, switching from glasses to thermal cups and coffee cups, and occasionally closing shutters or moving upstairs. I speculate that night life will follow the same course, during this latest 9 pm round of early "closings." I cannot name names, of course, but if you wander down the following sois, you might just trip over friendly service: Sukhumvit sois 4, 7, 8, 11, 22 and 33/1. I expect police will respond to such brazen activities in their usual fashion.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aye right said:

Sukhumvits a long road... what u looking for? What style of bar / price range cuisine??

Just a quiet-ish place, a few drinks, preferably western food. Not looking for girlies or massages or any of that kind of thing. If possible, outside seating area. 

2 hours ago, djayz said:

Just a quiet-ish place, a few drinks, preferably western food. Not looking for girlies or massages or any of that kind of thing. If possible, outside seating area. 

Robin Hood by Phrompong BTS, 99/120 baht draught, meals not overpriced. 

When I was out the other night drink was served till 9 but you could consume it till 11. Legally. No guarantee that hasn't changed though. 

Edited by rott
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, djayz said:

Soi 33 , Irish bar also round corner from Robin Hood. Good draft beer including punk ipa, good service, outdoor seating near phrom pong BTs

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rott said:

Robin Hood by Phrompong BTS, 99/120 baht draught, meals not overpriced. 

When I was out the other night drink was served till 9 but you could consume it till 11. Legally. No guarantee that hasn't changed though. 

BTW forgot I was talking happy hour prices. ????

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, djayz said:

Don't tell us after all that you just stayed in. Again. 

50 minutes ago, rott said:

Don't tell us after all that you just stayed in. Again. 

????

Am going out (again) this evening for a few skins plus some grub. Am looking forward to sitting outside and doing some people watching, so more than likely will head to the Mexican on Soi 13.