Best booster, AZ or Pfizer?

edwinchester

10 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Are you sure it's AZ or Pfizer ,according to this after 2 AZ it's either Pfizer or Moderna

And BIL got Pfizer just last week after 2 AZ shots

Capture.JPG.07ed41581de1b5ea9993703aa6101d08.JPG.03b445204399b33adba586592002bc3c.JPG

Yes, checked with my local hospital this morning and choice was AZ or Pfizer.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Yes, checked with my local hospital this morning and choice was AZ or Pfizer.

My BIL got his at a local Hospital (and it's really a local hospital) and he was offered Pfizer. Very strange that they are offering AZ as well. But TiT of course. ????

Edited by MJCM

24 minutes ago, MJCM said:

My BIL got his at a local Hospital (and it's really a local hospital) and he was offered Pfizer. Very strange that they are offering AZ as well. But TiT of course. ????

Spoilt for choice haha.

Inclined to go for Pfizer anyway as recommended by both my daughters back in the UK who are frontline NHS workers there.

I did read an article a while ago though that a third AZ booster is very effective which makes me think. Just can't find the article anymore.

2 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Spoilt for choice haha.

Yeah Indeed, but that hospital even got Moderna before a Private Hospital (were we preordered it) got it (and still doesn't have it) :whistling:

And that hospital isn't that big!!

If the choice is between AZ and Pfizer then Pfizer.

Recommended crossvax in many reports.

Moderna considered even better.

I had a "funny mix" of Sinovac (July), AZ (August) and Moderna (Dec 17).

Out of curiosity I visited a lab in Pattaya on Jan 3 to have an "IgG antibody" test.

Some kind of measure for the success of vaccination.

The result was an extraordinary high 8000 AU/ml.

(seen such tests performed at a German TV magazine where 3000 was considered excellent)

• Like 1

• Like 1

Tried to get my booster at the local hospital but it was absolutely rammed, never seen so many waiting for vaccinations there and I didn't want to stand shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of others for a few hours.

A friend of wifey is a nurse there and suggested a trip into town where a Mall is doing walk-ins and is not so busy.

Short trip and in and out in an hour. Only choice there for me was Pfizer which was ok as far as I'm concerned.