Free COVID-19 Testing Service at Government Complex

snoop1130

b2c114acc6604e6e867bdf3991ef2320_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has announced the opening of a new COVID-19 testing center, which will operate only on weekdays from Tuesday (11 Jan) to January 21. The move comes amid surging coronavirus infections following the New Year holiday period.

According to Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, the center will be located on the first floor of Car Park Building B at the government complex on Chaeng Watthana Road.

The service is being jointly launched by the National Health Security Office (NHSO), Mahidol University’s Faculty of Medical Technology and Dhanarak Asset Development - a state enterprise of the Ministry of Finance.

The health minister said the center will feature antigen test kits (ATKs) that can yield results within 30 minutes.

People testing positive will enter either the NHSO’s home and community isolation program, a hospital or a field hospital. For those entering home or community isolation, patients with mild symptoms will be provided with meals, medical supplies and equipment.

nnt.jpg

Unbelievable to me that people go to these testing centers.  Even see many Falang in Treetown. I guess because they are free?  Really, people are that cheap?

They list the potential ruin your life options if positive, sounds like a nightmare.  

I bought a number of tests and have been testing daily.  If positive, I will just stay in my room. 

Edited by bkk6060

Crazy.  For most of the population of Bangkok, it's more expensive to go there for the free test than it would be to purchase an ATK in your neighborhood.  And likely at a higher risk to you and others given that you'll have take expose yourself and others.

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Unbelievable to me that people go to these testing centers.  Even see many Falang in Treetown. I guess because they are free?  Really, people are that cheap?

They list the potential ruin your life options if positive, sounds like a nightmare.  

I bought a number of tests and have been testing daily.  If positive, I will just stay in my room. 

Yup, avoid like the (other) plague.  To many bad possibilities.  If in doubt, do a test yourself and isolate at home if need be.