what is the penalty for one day late to extend retirement visa?

1 minute ago, bbko said:

One day late is a 500 baht fine per person, but always a good idea to never wait till the last day as you never know what emergencies or closures may pop up.

For retirement extension or 90 days? Did not know there was any latitude for extension of stay based on retirement?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Did not know there was any latitude for extension of stay based on retirement?

It's considered an overstay, no? Overstay fines are 500 per day.

7 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

However, you may find your extensions won't be granted if on overstay

Do you have a personal example or a report.

I have never heard of one with only few days. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

the unfortunate thing is, I did not get a desk top calendar for 2022. the retirement visa extension (and 90 day) expire today. Bottom line - for the first time ever, I forgot. My wife is unable to travel 200-300 km today. is the majority advice that I go alone today and take her tomorrow, when she will be able. ?

I dont mid the fine. I just dont want to lose our retirement status.

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

the unfortunate thing is, I did not get a desk top calendar for 2022. the retirement visa extension (and 90 day) expire today. Bottom line - for the first time ever, I forgot. My wife is unable to travel 200-300 km today. is the majority advice that I go alone today and take her tomorrow, when she will be able. ?

Why do you need your wife to be present for Retirement extension and 90 days?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Try phoning Immigration first.

Otherwise, if you want to play really safe you must go today. If you want to take a chance go tomorrow. 200-300 km is a hell of a journey, if Immigration close at 4:00pm you might not make it anyway?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, couchpotato said:

True, but why would that matter anyway for Ret Ext....

It's not completely clear.

Could be that his non Thai wife is also on rt extension. True that doesn't make sense as could piggyback on his RE extension.

In any event, given wife's condition and the very long travel. ....my advice would be for him to attend immigration asap and sort out his extension.

Discuss with immigration next step for wife. 

Might be that a medical statement is required..

Depends on wife's condition for travel. That's not clear either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The OP states that "wife and I are retired" and "I just dont want to lose our retirement status" which suggests to me that they BOTH here on Ret Ext.

If that's the case, he should go to NST and take care of his in a timely manner while explaining why his wife will be late. He should also try and get a 'doctors note' to support his wife's back spasm claim.

NB: Per @DrJack54's advice.

Where is NST??

Edited by Chris.B

46 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

There is no fine for a one day overstay.

However, you may find your extensions won't be granted if on overstay.

Why leave your extension to the last day?

Indeed. Mine is due 31 July each year, I renew it in the first week of July.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, paddypower said:

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. Can an agent help? Can you go alone to explain  things? Can you get a medical  certificate?

FWIW..I always do mine a month  early. In these difficult  Covid-19  times with interruptions to services I prepare  for delays and closures.

Good luck. Given your age and infirmity I would consider an agent or friendly interlocutor.

• Like 1

If the Op extensions end today, they are not on overstay yet. So, if they get to Immigration first thing tomorrow morning (8:00am?) he should be okay.

But what about the letters from their banks and 3 months statements? Better get down the bank now!

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

@paddypower can you contribute some information.

Is your wife obtaining extension based on being your dependent. Or rather is doing her own extensions based on retirement. 

Your on extensions retirement. 

What financial method are you using. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1