TAT rolls out top-tier health and hygiene tourism venue certification

webfact

12 minutes ago, Whale said:

Should there not be just 1 standard ? i.e. meets acceptable safety guidelines for ALL (tourists and locals and expats and migrant workers alike).

I agree.Same in my country.Here every place selling food need a goverment approval.I wonder whats next from TAT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandGuy said:

There is no difference between Farangs, tourists and Thai people. We are people !

thailand, like most asian countries, even japan, is based on caste systems and orders.

that is why they must devide all things to "SHA" and "SHA PLUS" and now "SHA PLUS EXTRA", and ELITE VISA, and ELITE SUPPERIOR PLUS PLUS, it is just the way asians think and manage for thousands of years .

2 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

i saw the video about the covid prisons for tourist who have asymptomatic covid.

Yet here on Samui, I have some guests who are positive for Covid and yet they are asymptomatic. They are in quarantine in the private villa that they booked.

Varies by province?

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The TAT introduced a new tier for its Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) program, with the new SHA Extra Plus certification given to venues implementing the highest health and hygiene measures.

????

On 1/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, Whale said:

Should there not be just 1 standard ? i.e. meets acceptable safety guidelines for ALL (tourists and locals and expats and migrant workers alike).

True . All this cr@p they keep coming up with just makes people  not trust anything  here less than they did before.

It sounds a good idea but but does it actually mean anything or is it just a sign you can put up. I've been to quite a few factories and you often see one of those green safety first signs out side. In one case it covered the side of the building. So you go in wondering what safety measures they are employing in the factory and realise the safety measure is that sign outside.

It does seem a bit overdone to me and since there's a plus sign after the word plus should it read SHA Extra Plus Plus. I wonder if they'd pay for my SHA Extra Plus Plus Ultra VIP idea?

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Label looks more like a medicinal cream remedy for hemorrhoids.

I hope you wash your hands and wear gloves and a mask when you apply that or you'll never make the SHA Extra grade. You'll need a hazmat suit for SHA Extra Plus

• Like 1