Family member tested positive for covid.

thaiden1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:42 AM, ecline said:

But the US FDA announced last month that the home ATK tests may not show a positive result for people infected with the Omicron variant. I have no idea if that is the case or not, but my three tests all showed negative and two PCR tests show me as positive. FWIW.

A new German study (not yet published) shows that 7 out of 8 tested ATKs are extremely inaccurate to prove an Omicron infection. PCR-tests, even though they can show false positive results by a small probability, are much more reliable.

So if you're tested negative on ATK but positive with PCR you're most liekly are infected.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

20 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

A new German study (not yet published) shows that 7 out of 8 tested ATKs are extremely inaccurate to prove an Omicron infection. PCR-tests, even though they can show false positive results by a small probability, are much more reliable.

So if you're tested negative on ATK but positive with PCR you're most liekly are infected.

I was definitely infected. My sample was sent for variant identification and came back positive for Omicron.